Free PS5 Upgrade Now Available

BloodySky

For those of us who bought the PS4 version, I just logged on to find that the free PS5 upgrade is finally able to be "purchased" and downloaded. Just a head's up for those where were waiting on it.

EDIT: I started up the PS5 version and none of my trophies auto popped, so it looks like we have to do all the trophies again. I wonder if all progress reset or if maybe I can just possess one basic unit and "Puppetmaster" will pop, for example? I might play a match real quick to find out.

UPDATE: I played one match as Demon. It made me play the tutorial again before I could join a match, but you only have to play one of them. So just rush through it with the demon to get to the end and destroy the book. I didn't get any of the trophies I had on PS4 (even though they aren't syncing, I remember what has popped). So it looks like our progress for the trophies starts all over. Although you do keep your account progression, of course. So I played one game as my max level demon and got that silver trophy for having a maxed demon.

Edited by BloodySky
Updated with some more info.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. I had this preordered, picked it up on Fri 13th, returned it on Sat 14th. Could only play the tutorial on the PS4 version, it wanted me to pay for the PS5 upgrade, couldn't connect to others (I can see this being an issue for Australia anyway since our internet is poopy), and trophy lists wouldn't even show.

What a buggy mess and wasted opportunity. As a huge fan of the Evil Dead movies and Ash vs Evil Dead series, I can't believe they didn't include a Story or campaign mode for just a single player, or even add a couch co-op feature for 2-4 players in the same room. What's going to happen when the servers go down like they did on release day? Use the disc as a frisbee?

Such a shame. I was so looking forward to this game. May pick it up again when it hits the bargain bin (if the servers are still up then).