Clarity on certain rules. (Suggestion).

not sure if off topic or not, but as far as I can tell, the rules as currently written are clear and easily understandable 

I think the conflict starts when the CRT flag ppl for having timestamps that "mimic CFW usage", while being very much possible to obtain timestamps in the same manner while doing nothing nefarious

@B1rvine Thanks for the reply. The points you’ve made do make sense and were already obvious to me despite not being directly written as such. I guess autopopping wasn’t the best word. Similar to how a modder could give you edited weapons on borderlands or something. Consciously taking it and using it would be flaggable yet it would not be an autopop, so I could’ve used better wording there. I think anyone that intends on applying homebrew of any kind to utilise features that don’t impact trophies would know this, the only bullet point you made that hasn’t ever been transparent to people is piracy. 

It’s good that you’ve mentioned it here. In our DM you did give me a brief hint that people had been flagged for piracy, even though you weren’t involved directly in it. @Sly Ripper May have indicated this privately but if it hasn’t been stated publicly in the rules then people are going to do it. I’d say flagging people for this in particular without it ever being stated in the rules is rather devious, which I assume might be why the recent disputes were lifted. If flags for this are being accepted consciously then it’d probably be better written in the rules sooner rather than later. I guess a more important question would be: if you were to apply this rule due to sly’s apparent heavy stance on it, would you remove people that had previously pirated, or those going forward from the rule? I can’t see the former one being a good idea. 

Edited by Darkette

With piracy the burden of proof should be on the person reporting the trophies to prove that the game was pirated. There's what's called "reasonable doubt" where if something can possibly happen then the person should be innocent. In this case every vita game or DLC can be acquired regardless of region by using the account swap trick, PS3, PS4 and PS5 games or DLC can be game shared to other people and team accounts are allowed so game sharing should obviously be allowed. However this website probably doesn't want to actively promote or truly write a statement in the rules saying much about piracy, it could get them in trouble with Sony or game publishers if they go too deep into it. People won't know someone is a pirate for certain unless the person admits it, which is why I say that the trophy time stamps should be the only thing to truly go by. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

*snip*

Taking a neutral stance on it by not agreeing to it nor disagreeing to it makes more sense to me, in which case this thread can be deleted if it exposes anything. Game access doesn’t equal cheated trophies, which is why I can’t see it logically having a place in the rules alongside the current ones. Although not as wrong morally, people gameshare and exploit that with phantoming, or having a group of friends deactivate when they’re done so another can activate. I imagine a lot of money can be lost like this, especially with small indie companies.

Straying off topic, but regardless of whether it’s easy to catch or not it would be best announced if it’s going to be made flaggable. I actually feel that all rule changes should be announced when it only takes being unaware to be burdened with a flag. If it’s detectable in whichever way then I’m sure the people who stack every region of every 10 minute vita game will want to know this.

• Like 1