This platinum is breaking me

I think that Xenoverse is a good Dragon Ball game, I have enjoyed the story, and the fighting system is okay, I had fun playing it. 

But, my God, this is probably the most frustrating experience in regards to my trophies hunting. 

The fact that all the ultimate finish battles and the drop of skills are so random, it's really draining my soul. 

Yesterday I had to play one single mission for almost 4 hours straight to get one single skill, and after I got that, I spent another hour in the next quest, and I'm still at quest 38 of 55. 

I know that with perseverance sooner or later I will get all the skills, but right now I just want to break my controller every time that I finish a mission and nothing came up. 

Yeah, this is probably pointless but I just had to write this rant to calm myself down. 

Edited by Play3GianniGreed
  • Like 1

Yep, this game broke me 3 years ago. I don't mind grinding but when it's RNG, it can really take its toll.

Same thing with Monster Hunter on my old profile, I was about 230+ hours in, just needed Kirin's crowns and I was done. Ended up just giving up. ?

• Like 3

The RNG is horrible in this game. It was the same for me doing the same battles for 3-4 hours to get one skill.

I think if you have the DLC with Elder Kai makes it easier to get skill. I'm not sure about the details because I wouldn't pay for something like that, I just persevered.

• Like 1

I hear you. I think we've all been there with a few games on our profiles. Ranting does help! Taking a break from the game for a day or two can help as well.

Xenoverse is one of the games I keep saying I'm going to go back to one day, but all the RNG and grinding horror stories keep putting me off. If I could just delete it off my profile I totally would.

• Like 1

This is the reason why i quit playing anime games. Its just a grind fest over and over with so much repetition. I still need to go back and finish the online of Jump Force before it gets shutdown. That way i can still finish it one day. 

• Like 1

Shoot, and I've just remembered I have this game 1% on my profile :(

3 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

If only they'd just put the DLC with the mentor that gives 100% drop chance on sale... 1f62b.png

Oof, I'm guessing that's helpful but expensive.

• Like 1

I know about the DLC with elder Kai, and the fact that it can help in getting the skills more easily, but paying just for that doesn't sound good to me, if it was cheaper, maybe, but at what is the cost now, I think I can do without it. 

I have patience, and I have already spent a lot of time, and punched the wall many times in frustration (I obviously don't want to break my controller). Like I said before, just needed to rant a little. 

One other thing that bothers me is the fact that I have already bought, some time ago, Xenoverse 2, and now I am kinda regretting about. I hope it's not the same rng nightmare like this first game, but I will probably let some time pass before starting it. 

10 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

One other thing that bothers me is the fact that I have already bought, some time ago, Xenoverse 2, and now I am kinda regretting about. I hope it's not the same rng nightmare like this first game, but I will probably let some time pass before starting it. 

They learned their lesson and there's no trophies tied into earning all skills. The only RNG is for when Yamcha or Kuririn show up for training.

The DLC though, I don't know about how bad some of those are.

Finally, the nightmare is over. 

The platinum totally ruined the game for me. As I said, I think it's a good game, but it probably has one of the worst trophy in hystory of gaming. I will never forget this dreadful experience. 

Good luck to all who will attempt this hellish trophy, you will need it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Really the RNG part was a real nightmare, on PS4 I didn't understand it and so much because I had the DLC with Old Kai that made things a lot easier but on PS3 where I didn't want to pay for a DLC when I got the same game for the same price. 
Honestly some Skill's took me many tries until I got it, specifically I remember that "Super Vegeta" I must have played about 40 times before he finally gave it to me

Edited by Sotiris1828

13 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

Season pass usually will get you all the dlc content in a game, so yes. 

I will buy in the next days too, even if I already got the platinum I want to play the dlc missions before starting xenoverse 2. 

Xenoverse 2 has all the first game's mission and now even has a DLC to play all of the first game's story including it's DLC on it. Xenoverse 2 is better in every way. Better off just buying the story DLC pack on xenoverse 2 and play it on a much better system. Xenoverse 2 is leagues ahead of 1.:)

Edited by DawningWolf55