Is Avalanche completely broken for anyone else?

xLetsP1ayGod

Things I place fall through the floor, the enemy boulders just get stuck in the spawn, sometimes I'll build something and itll just disappear instantly. I cant get all the stars in the game because of this. This is easily one of the most broken games I've ever played, I had a glitch nearly every time I played that made me restart a level.

• 5 weeks later...

Are you referring to the Tenochtitlan Avalanche level? That was the one that kept glitching on me on v1.04. I tried for an hour to complete it but 1 or 2 boulders would continuously get stuck at the starting line. I tried placing catapults near the start line to pick them off but they would fall through the map. I have the disc version, so I deleted the game and played on v1.00 (if you have the digital version you will have to downgrade). The avalanche levels work perfectly fine on v1.00 (and my v1.04 save works on v1.00).

I made of video of the difference. For some reason the default language is Japanese on v1.00.

EDIT:
v1.04 is such a mess. I got gold in all 9 time trials and I didn't get any of the trophies. I had to downgrade to v1.00 to get them to pop.

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Peeking my head in to say I beat the Tenochtitlan Avalanche on the PS5 PS Plus version of the game.
I was prepared to downgrade the game with my PS4, but then I realized that likely won't work with a live service.
Troublesome, to say the least! I enjoy this game but oof.

So what do you do? You fight fire with fire!
I call this Glitch Deadlock -- you fight a glitch with another glitch.

The problem is the boulder getting cold feet before you can do anything to it. In my case, the lone last one needed to win the match was (understandably) shy.
There really should have been a failsafe victory, like having you automatically win when X time passes.

When the level glitches, units will fall to the ground. This makes long range weapons like trebuchets useless. However, not all units fall to the ground!
Bulls were particularly useful because they stop boulders completely. This is playing the game as intended, but of course the flaws of technology have to get in the way.

There is no repeatable trick to fixing the glitch really, but it is possible. I was spamming buttons, start, and the Home menu to interrupt whatever I could.
The idea is to mess with the physics system, if only for a single frame, because that may just offset the problem.

You need the lightning strike to kill boulders as fast as possible. I had the upgrade that attacks multiple targets.
You need to be good with it too, but it's fun to use so that's fine. It might be doable without divine intervention, but it will make your life a whole lot easier!

For the record, I only had 38 stars up to this point. Maybe there's unlockables later on to help mitigate this issue.
It's possible I got lucky and had no input whatsoever but even a minute change at runtime can tow a stuck truck.
In summary, two wrongs make a right! d(^^)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Having just done the level I'd say its just mostly broken.

For items upgraded towers did most of the work and bulls helped with the rest, even still stoppiing boulders when they had fallen through.

For boulders the glitch wasn't an entirely bad thing, it did stagger the boulders enough that I could more effectivly use the lightning and only one getting stuck for a while but it did manage to get going after a few minutes both times I tried.

• 1 month later...

I've done the Switzerland and Tenochtitlan Avalanche modes, and had problems with both of them. Eventually on the second one I used a combination of walls (these never fall), fireworks and the small bulls that cost 200. Load up the first couple of stretches and use the upgraded thundercloud as much as you can. A combination of the cloud, explosions and bulls knocking them off the route will damage them, and they really don't move much. 

You might need to keep moving the cursor about to get the thundercloud to work, but it does work eventually.