The worse feature of Gacha games would be pretty nice on Elden Ring

YonahFuriae

TL;DR at the bottom.

I like to push my characters to the limit, as I love every character I create. Since the start and before I knew her name, just from the intro I was waiting to find Malenia. After finally meeting her, I switched my stats to dex 99 and Faith 60 for Hand of Malenia and my Faith points solely for her beautiful spell. Instead of creating new characters, I love to build the same through different runs. That's one thing I loved about the Greatsword of Artorias on DS, my favourite weapon was also the one who gave me a reason to push my character to the limit.

Now in RPGs one nice things is feeling the development and strengthening of your character, and this is something you lose on further NG+, I remember I did so many on DS that there was a point the + became glitched and you didn't knew which one you were in.

Back to the point, since the first run I have Hand of Malenia at +10 together with her armor that I never removed. Besides stats, which my STR went from 80+ as I was using the "Dragonslayer" you find in Caelid to 16 where it currently is, my armour on the first run and weapon were at their maximum potential they would ever be. So thinking about further runs didn't make very exciting the idea of, now instead of character progression, it would be like going back in development over and over. Of course, as it always happens, from a mix of your skill and stats, the first NG+'s are way easier then the first one, but thinking bosses just get life and attack multiplier and you same with the same potential you had on the first NG takes part of the fun, takes away the character progression completely.

So I thought about one of the worse mechanics all gacha games have in common. The multiple copies of characters/weapons you need to get to max their potential, all these dupes you can only get in the gacha (for most games). That, which is the worst on gacha games would be an amazing addition to Elden Ring and any RPG with NG+ features. Basically, both weapons and armour would have 5, 10, 20 or whatever slots they want (I can see Disgaea adding 999.999) each slot is unlocked with each new cycle, and with a second copy of the armour/weapon, you can consume it to strengthen it. That way, in each NG+ your weapon and armour would keep getting stronger, and give more reason -and fun- to make further NG+. This is not as much as because it gets harder every time, just because I think when you lose the ability to develop your gear further, while the game keeps doing it, loses a big part of the fun, character development shouldn't become "static" on an RPG that keeps evolving through new cycles. Plus it would give a very nice incentive to make further cycles without feeling you're just stacking enemies multipliers and making your character more useless everytime.

Also always bothered me that, of all, Demigod armours don't give any skill related to them. Like, Malenia's should either give a bonus to consecutive attacks, Faith, or rot, more casting speed to Scarlet Aeonia or anything related to this. Instead, it doesn't give any special stat. Still I never took it away since I love her and her armour is so beautiful, but just like some heads and bodies give stats or special enhancements, Demigods, of all, should give something related to them.

TL;DR: Implementing duplicate mechanic on armours/weapons, unlocking an additional enhancement slot with each cycle to further improve your gear with duplicates. Giving you a reason to make multiple NG+ runs and not breaking one of the cores of the fun in RPGs, keep developing your character further -as you reach your maximum gear potential in the first run- especially when the world around you keeps doing it cycle after cycle.

• Like 1