AihaLoveleaf

Just how tough is the Gal*Gun Platinum?

6 posts in this topic

Pretty difficult since you have to play one-handed. 

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Pretty difficult since you have to play one-handed. 

What do you mean : )

If someone doesn't only have one hand to begin with, what could possibly make them play with only one hand while playing a game such as Gal Gun?

Really want to give this series a go sometime soon and, since I own this very first entry on the PS3 as well, I was looking forward to hearing some inputs on here too.  I haven't really had that much experience with rail shooters in general, but the trophy guide on PST makes it seem as if this one is considerably hard. Maybe not House of the Dead or Time Crisis hard but it's kinda up there too, and given that this entry is only in Japanese, well, it'd be great to have some more info about it.

And aye, we all know the game is hard to play when playing one-handed. That's the entire point of it, no? 83

Posted (edited)

At least the Switch version is a bit tougher than Double Peace even just getting true ends. Everything is faster in the game with stricter choice requirements. I think it was compatible with move controller on ps3, but dunno if it would be easier or harder.

edit: also while the plat might be appealing, I think this GalGun 1 was the weakest game of the three. I'd heavily recommend Double Peace on ps4 (switch has weird aim sensitivity issues with the games) over it any day of the week

Edited by mecharobot

9 hours ago, mecharobot said:

At least the Switch version is a bit tougher than Double Peace even just getting true ends. Everything is faster in the game with stricter choice requirements. I think it was compatible with move controller on ps3, but dunno if it would be easier or harder.

edit: also while the plat might be appealing, I think this GalGun 1 was the weakest game of the three. I'd heavily recommend Double Peace on ps4 (switch has weird aim sensitivity issues with the games) over it any day of the week

Thank you mecharobot for sharing your experience, I appreciate it. 😄

Was not aware that Gal*Gun was remastered and localized in English for the Switch (Gal*Gun Returns). That's pretty cool. Gal*Gun (PS3) is indeed Move compatible. I've experienced a couple of PS3 rail shooters before this one, and Move controls make speed and accuracy significantly easier - for me at least.

It's pretty much already decided that I'll be playing Gal*Gun 1. I've been on a good streak lately with enjoying the "worst game" in a particular series, so I'll hope to get lucky here as well. I'll definitely play out the rest of the series, though it will be done entirely on PlayStation.

Considering the fast pace of gameplay, combined with the difficulty modifiers of arcade mode, I'll go in expecting the higher end of previously voted difficulty, rather than the lower. Thank you again.