Oh Look, Another Game By Gilson B. Pontes. Yawn.

2 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

This guy gets a lot of grief, but any press is good press, as they say. I'll look forward to seeing this listed in the top ten worst games of 2022 on a future Jimquisistion.

Yeah, that's a fair point, and I'm sure Stephanie will include this game somewhere in a future video for sure! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

and whoever's behind The Voices games

Oh yeah, Matthew Green

6 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Ophiuchus, Onomuzim, Kaiseki, Ronin, Ashigaru.

What's next? :hmm:

You forgot about last year's masterpiece, Taishogun :P

6 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

This guy gets a lot of grief, but any press is good press, as they say. I'll look forward to seeing this listed in the top ten worst games of 2022 on a future Jimquisistion.

Depends on if JSS doesn't wanna risk Gilson trying to nuke their channel like he tried to before.

Never forget that Gilson B. Pontes is an anagram of Goblin Stepson. Goblins are, as we all know, not known for their intellectual capacity... see? He couldn't even get his own anagram 100% correct. This would explain the comparatively low level of quality.

If anything, we should praise Gilson for providing representation for his species, even though they are the dull middle ground between orcs and kenders that nobody cares about.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I was going to ask who that is, but now I see that it's some sort of in-joke for the 5 people who still watch Jim Sterling.

You mean the 830,000 people who subscribe to their channel?

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

You mean the 830,000 people who subscribe to his channel?

It was hyperbole, obviously. A lot of his older Jimquisition episodes racked up a ton of views, with some even surpassing a million. Now he can barely even manage to break 200k anymore. My point was that this dude stopped being relevant a while ago.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

It was hyperbole, obviously. A lot of his older Jimquisition episodes racked up a ton of views, with some even surpassing a million. Now he can barely even manage to break 200k anymore. My point was that this dude stopped being relevant a while ago.

The relevance hasn't dipped at all. The topics discussed are, if anything, more relevant than ever, and JSS deserves respect for keeping on the scumbaggery in the gaming industry despite losing subscribers and dealing with backlash. Video game reviews and still something done, not like those were ditched, so the variety persists. 200K views is typical for the channel; the series regarding the lawsuit racked up the views, sure, but without doing the math I'd guess the average view per video is right around 200-300K.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

You mean the 830,000 people who subscribe to his channel?

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Just a reminder that Sterling uses they/them pronouns now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

The relevance hasn't dipped at all. The topics discussed are, if anything, more relevant than ever, and JSS deserves respect for keeping on the scumbaggery in the gaming industry despite losing subscribers and dealing with backlash. Video game reviews and still something done, not like those were ditched, so the variety persists. 200K views is typical for the channel; the series regarding the lawsuit racked up the views, sure, but without doing the math I'd guess the average view per video is right around 200-300K.

If you still like his content, then good for you, but his viewership has clearly dropped off a cliff compared to how it was like 5+ years ago. Even I used to watch him back in the day, but he became increasingly insufferable over time, and this was even before his more recent "transformation". Seems like all he does now is bitch about capitalism and other far left talking points. It wasn't always like that.