Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2022-05-19 Weekly Normal)

Arkiokin

27 minutes ago, x2-FoR-_u-MikoX said:

Yay finally!!

Nice suprise here, weekly one!

Layout seems to be easy for me, luckily no alphas

Just got 4095m score, next diamond cup to the collection!

Didn't get it. What are those alpha, beta, sigma phases?

3 hours ago, Omega-MkIII said:

These are just names given to special harder phases. Go to the other thread with the link in OP : there are turorial videos that show these paths. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Omega-MkIII said:

Just shorthand that the Top Minds of Rayman Legends challenges use to identify the location of certain specific and particularly challenging sequences of obstacles. So if you see "alpha" at a certain distance you know you need to to X, if you see "beta" you'll need to prepare to do Y, etc. That's it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

@Arkiokin tagging for visibility for you.

I put this aside because the daily grind was wearing me down, but I guess I have to dust off the Vita again and give it a go.

Thanks. How do you think its better to get good and beat this weekly 4095 or try to wait easy daily challenger with lower then 1000 ?

Edited by Provisorus

1 hour ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

@x2-FoR-_u-MikoX its always interesting to watch different playstyles of murphy distance of how people hold the vita and which hand they use.

BTW this is probably the easiest 4095 distance I've been to since last July 2021 if anyone wants to go for the Diamond. 

when i play murfy bot distance/lums, my vita is placed on bed (or sometimes desk). I use left hand to control murfy, beacuse i am left handed

yep, the layout is really easy, i got on 4095m 3 or 4 times, only to do some tests, or rec some gameplay

Edited by x2-FoR-_u-MikoX

2 hours ago, Provisorus said:

Arkiokin, can you be so kind to make a video for this weekly challenge, please?

Yes, I should do that, but first take a big look on the videos already done on this type of challenge (linked in the OP of this thread) and especially this one, which is a tutorial for this type of 4095 challenge :

Look more specifically the part at 5:20 to 6:30 (it's what you find at 2950m on this weekly challenge), but more generally ALL paths you can find on this tutorial video are also encountered on this weekly one, so it's probably useless to make another video to show the same things ;)

However, one more advice : me and some other players (like x2-FoR-_u-MikoX also do) have the use to grap all the lums, and especially we like to change them in purple lums. In fact, it's totally useless for you, and can spend few hundredth of seconds to do that, instead of concentrate on the path itself. More than that you can have the feeling a LOT of movements are needed for this challenge whereas it is not the case ;) : so don't take this into account, it will be probably much more easy for  you

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 11:45 PM, Provisorus said:

Thanks. How do you think its better to get good and beat this weekly 4095 or try to wait easy daily challenger with lower then 1000 ?

Just to answer to that : this weekly challenge is a very good chance to get a diamond cup (weekly + pretty easy). If you wait an hypothetic glitched challenge under 1000m (often under 500m), it will probably not occur again on this year. So wait at least 2023... if the servers are yet alive, or may the luck be with you in order that one of these challenges appear before that, but the probabilities are very weak...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Just to answer to that : this weekly challenge is a very good chance to get a diamond cup (weekly + pretty easy). If you wait an hypothetic glitched challenge under 1000m (often under 500m), it will probably not occur again on this year. So wait at least 2023... if the servers are yet alive, or may the luck be with you in order that one of these challenges appear before that, but the probabilities are very weak...

Just a quick one the post mentions to use a princess but no matter who I pick it’s globox running does that matter? Also I’m getting to around 1700m and the wind is supposed to blow me from a ring over some spikes but the wind doesn’t seem to be catching my character and I hit the spikes :/ am I doing something wrong? 

4 hours ago, Tomthefishfeeder said:

Just a quick one the post mentions to use a princess but no matter who I pick it’s globox running does that matter? Also I’m getting to around 1700m and the wind is supposed to blow me from a ring over some spikes but the wind doesn’t seem to be catching my character and I hit the spikes :/ am I doing something wrong? 

Yes, you must NOT put the ring at the extreme right : just move it at the middle of the string in order the character jump ON the ennemy and bounce over the spikes. Or use the other method I just mention at the special point in the video 2 posts upstair. More generally ALL your problem are found in the first post of this thread : LOOK the other thread with a ton of videos, and especially videos that show you how change the character for this challenge... This is why this is "highly recommended to read"... 

Thanks so much to you and the rest of the Rayman Legends players for continuing to post these callouts. Ordered the game a couple months ago, and was waiting for another opportunity for this trophy. After an entire 12 hour day of practice, watching some tutorials, and a little help from the posts here, I was finally able to get the 4095m goal. I even recorded myself doing it, to sit back and watch my accomplishment! Thanks again, everyone ?.

@Tomthefishfeeder

Watch this video. it explains the part you are struggling with. I had the same problem, it took me awhile to understand it, but eventually I got more consistent with those parts. Good luck.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NeoRaidenX said:

Thanks so much to you and the rest of the Rayman Legends players for continuing to post these callouts. Ordered the game a couple months ago, and was waiting for another opportunity for this trophy. After an entire 12 hour day of practice, watching some tutorials, and a little help from the posts here, I was finally able to get the 4095m goal. I even recorded myself doing it, to sit back and watch my accomplishment! Thanks again, everyone 1f600.png.

@Tomthefishfeeder

Watch this video. it explains the part you are struggling with. I had the same problem, it took me awhile to understand it, but eventually I got more consistent with those parts. Good luck.

Congratulations! That's some commitment ahah. Think I might just settle for a gold myself, can't get past the 3K mark no matter how much I try

10 minutes ago, Francis103 said:

Congratulations! That's some commitment ahah. Think I might just settle for a gold myself, can't get past the 3K mark no matter how much I try

Thanks! Wow 3k? Getting to that point was the biggest hurdle for me. That's exactly where my 12 hour day of practice ended. Picked it up again today and was abe to complete it in just a couple of hours. I think you got it, if you stick with it a bit longer. I ended adopting the skip the first ring strategy to make the "Sigma" pillar wind part at the 3k mark more reliable. Not sure if you've tried that. Anyhow, good luck to you too.

17 minutes ago, Francis103 said:

The video I post upstairs didn't helped you ? The path at 2950-3000 m is the same described between 5:15 to 6:30 and show how to succeed it. 

Btw, big congrats to NeoRaidenX ! Impressive really ! At least this topic would have helped 3 or 4 players to gain their first diamond cup, it's not too bad ^^

I think I'm going to have to throw the towel in on this one. I just can't get through the 'pillar wind' sections consistently. The character keeps behaving in ways I've not seen in any of the tutorial videos and I have no idea how to get around it! Even using the tactic of skipping the ring beforehand to keep my speed up isn't making a difference. I managed to reach 3500m earlier, but now I can't get past 1700m anymore ? My body ACHES haha

@Arkiokin I appreciate you calling this out though! Maybe I'll have better luck next time, if the servers hold ??