Does Progress Carry Over? (PS4-PS5)

Liamnator1005

34 minutes ago, Liamnator1005 said:

Now that the PS4 version has its trophies live, does anyone know if the trophies carry over between versions as well as progress with character upgrades/unlocks?

Nope. Just Player Level i think...

Edited by SairenOne

7 hours ago, SairenOne said:

Nope. Just Player Level i think...

how are you gonna give an answer yet don’t have full confidence? Anyway…

7 hours ago, Liamnator1005 said:

Now that the PS4 version has its trophies live, does anyone know if the trophies carry over between versions as well as progress with character upgrades/unlocks?

Yes it does ? Charcater level and User level

1 hour ago, Liamnator1005 said:

thats good, do any earned trophies pop as soon as you start the game?

Everything is zero so you will need to re-kill 20 bosses, win 30 matches with each role, etc. The only thing that presumably would pop is maxed user level and the ones to reach level 25/45 and earn all the skills with each role. I haven't gotten there yet but my guess is you will need to reset the SkillPoints and that should trigger those trophies and likely play one more S and D match to trigger the role level trophies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liamnator1005 said:

thats good, do any earned trophies pop as soon as you start the game?

I fired up the ps5 version on my wife’s account and no, her ps4 progress didn’t cause the ps5 version to auto pop.

But as the person above me said, maybe you’ll just need one more of everything to get it to register. Not sure.

45 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Everything is zero so you will need to re-kill 20 bosses, win 30 matches with each role, etc. The only thing that presumably would pop is maxed user level and the ones to reach level 25/45 and earn all the skills with each role. I haven't gotten there yet but my guess is you will need to reset the SkillPoints and that should trigger those trophies and likely play one more S and D match to trigger the role level trophies. 

The trophy for having a max level demon or survivor pops after you do a match with that survivor or demon. But the skills one sadly does not pop. I have Warlord at maxed and I can not get "Out of the Cellar" for anything. I even reset the talents. So it looks like you will have to max out another demon or survivor for those skill trophies.

I have both the PS4 and PS5 versions and can confirm the only thing that carries over is your account and character levels. You start all trophies over at 0. Like Puppetmaster of possessing 50 basic units, for example. I had that on PS4, before I started the PS5 version. I played a demon match on PS5, where I possessed several basic units, and no Puppetmaster trophy. You have to do all 50 of them over again. But getting to max user level of 100 is going to take forever anyways, so you'll probably be able to have all the other PS4 and PS5 trophies by the time you get there. Ha ha.

EDIT: It turns out the max user level trophy currently pops at level 50, not 100. Even though 100 is the max level. But even 50 is pretty time consuming, and you can probably have all other trophies done by then as well. But who know if/when they might fix the trophy popping at level 50.

Edited by BloodySky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BloodySky said:

The trophy for having a max level demon or survivor pops after you do a match with that survivor or demon. But the skills one sadly does not pop. I have Warlord at maxed and I can not get "Out of the Cellar" for anything. I even reset the talents. So it looks like you will have to max out another demon or survivor for those skill trophies.

I have both the PS4 and PS5 versions and can confirm the only thing that carries over is your account and character levels. You start all trophies over at 0. Like Puppetmaster of possessing 50 basic units, for example. I had that on PS4, before I started the PS5 version. I played a demon match on PS5, where I possessed several basic units, and no Puppetmaster trophy. You have to do all 50 of them over again. But getting to max user level of 100 is going to take forever anyways, so you'll probably be able to have all the other PS4 and PS5 trophies by the time you get there. Ha ha.

EDIT: It turns out the max user level trophy currently pops at level 50, not 100. Even though 100 is the max level. But even 50 is pretty time consuming, and you can probably have all other trophies done by then as well. But who know if/when they might fix the trophy popping at level 50.

Thanks for confirming this for some people. I stay away from stacking now, too many issues with certain trophies not popping as they should. But best of luck to those who want both Plat… I can’t even get the regular trophies to unlock like the “one by one we will take you”

23 hours ago, BloodySky said:

You don't have to level up all demons just start as demon in private match then finish the match then the trophy will pop at the scoreboard.

7 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

You don't have to level up all demons just start as demon in private match then finish the match then the trophy will pop at the scoreboard.

Hm? Where did I mention you have to level up all demons? Yes, you get the trophy for having a max level demon after playing a match with that demon. The problem trophy is "Out of the Cellar", which is having max skills for a demon. That one would not pop for me, even after finishing a match. It only unlocked after I full leveled up another demon. So if you go from PS4 to PS5 (or vice versa, I suppose), then make sure you still have at least one demon not fully leveled up yet so you can get the "Out of the Cellar" trophy. Same goes for the "Truly Amazing" trophy on the survivor side as well.

On 5/19/2022 at 4:30 PM, BloodySky said:

Oh thanks for the info. I intend to level up all three demons anyway but it's too bad it doesn't pop. I'm glad you told me because I'll prioritize popping the PS4 version so I can get that done.

• 9 months later...
On 20/05/2022 at 9:31 PM, BloodySky said:

Hm? Where did I mention you have to level up all demons? Yes, you get the trophy for having a max level demon after playing a match with that demon. The problem trophy is "Out of the Cellar", which is having max skills for a demon. That one would not pop for me, even after finishing a match. It only unlocked after I full leveled up another demon. So if you go from PS4 to PS5 (or vice versa, I suppose), then make sure you still have at least one demon not fully leveled up yet so you can get the "Out of the Cellar" trophy. Same goes for the "Truly Amazing" trophy on the survivor side as well.

What if I've already got max skills on all demons on PS4 and I transfer over to Ps5, will I be locked out of trophies?

On 3/3/2023 at 5:52 PM, THJamie said:

What if I've already got max skills on all demons on PS4 and I transfer over to Ps5, will I be locked out of trophies?

Sorry, I don't know. They have done a lot of updates since I posted that, so maybe they fixed it. They also added prestige levels now, so maybe getting a prestige level would unlock the trophy? Unless you already had all demons at max level and max prestige. I think there are rumors that they will release Baal has a demon in the future, so you could always try to get it then, if it ever came to that.

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Survivor, Demon and profile XP carries over, so you keep your level progress. Everything else needs to be completed again.

I have the plat on the PS4 version, might wait for demon buffs before I try again on PS5 haha

If you have everything but Groovy unlocked on the PS5 version, you could soft stack it while you finish Groovy off.

As you retain player level and character progress across both versions you don't have to worry about losing xp. This means that while grinding out the rest of Groovy you can be re-earning all the Survivor & Demon trophies on the PS4 version instead of focusing only on Groovy on the PS5 version.

Seeing as it takes a little while to hit player level 50, you could potentially have all trophies but Groovy unlocked on both versions of the game & then unlock Groovy & the Platinum in back to back games, hit rank 50 and the Platinum on the PS4 version in a match and then go back to the PS5 version and play a single match which would again cause the trophies for Groovy and the Platinum to unlock or vice versa.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...