Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

21 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:
Perhaps trophy support is up to the developers and Sony is committed to all first party games coming to PS+ Premium to have trophy support? 

Maybe all PS+ classics are getting trophies and that' why the service is launching with so few classic games? Whatever the case is, we now know that at least some classic games will be getting trophies.

It's been required for games to have trophies since the feature was launched so I don't think it's going to change now. Now it's confirmed the PS1 games can have trophies I expect they all will. Adding trophies will probably be done alongside whatever testing and maintenance is required to publish the games in the first place 

Launching with so few games is probably so they can either dripfeed games over a long period of time, or so there's less competition between games right at the start. Nintendo Switch Online doesn't add trophies and that still doesn't have the largest of catalogues

• Like 2

Sony PR:

"Alright guys, let's put trophies in Syphon Filter - 21 Bronzes. Once we've signed them up, don't stress too much about doing trophies for the rest."

I hope that this isn't the case but you know it's a real possibility

Edited by airpeety
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, airpeety said:

Sony PR:

"Alright guys, let's put trophies in Syphon Filter - 21 Bronzes. Once we've signed them up, don't stress too much about doing trophies for the rest."

I've never played Siphon Filter before but seeing that the first trophy "An Explosive Start" is a Silver, it seems to suggest PS1-2 games will be handled like indies, ie: bronze to gold with no platinum (perhaps some games are given many silver and golds to encourage players). This is of course my own speculation. 

• Like 1