Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

On 20/05/2022 at 7:23 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

Judging by the wording of the patent, it seems like original developers not required.  They aren't recoding the games for trophies, just running checks against an emulated version.

If anything, I would think original studio gets some kind of payment/royalties for putting the game on plus

I see. I'm mainly crossing my fingers for MGS over here. Thanks for the info!?

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Lol, on my HK account it stats that can only be accessed through the subscription..

Tekken and Mr. Driller are the only two classics like this. Everything else has price tags.

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

There are 16 Classic games there, but I only see trophy lists for 5...

Four of those are the old "PS2 on PS4" branded games, not new so you wouldn't see new lists. They're the same old PS2 games running on that special PS4 emulator with no native PS5 versions.

The rest will either get trophies later or never.

another one here for wishing they had icons for the console they were released on.

I only ever bought 1 PS1 game on my PS3 which was Crash 3 so, heres hoping that gets added down the line.

I'm skeptical of Capcom adding trophies should their RE and DC games come too, they can be a bit hit and miss with their port trophies. But i'd welcome all 6 RE and DC PS1 games to be added regardless.

12 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Tekken and Mr. Driller are the only two classics like this. Everything else has price tags.

Four of those are the old "PS2 on PS4" branded games, not new so you wouldn't see new lists. They're the same old PS2 games running on that special PS4 emulator with no native PS5 versions.

The rest will either get trophies later or never.

Ok, I was expecting them to at least get a PS5 trophy set, since the PS1 games got one. But makes sense. 

I do expect that Tekken 2 becomes buyable when they added trophies, because I don't want to subscribe to the more expensive tier just to be able to get the trophies in a single game..

Still, the list is vastly underwhelming, and I hope that when they release it in other regions that the number of games is much closer to the 700 number announced, instead of what they released in Asia.. 

I know that in defense of what they're doing they'll likely get more games out faster, but really, once you introduce the factor of trophies to the equation, you should really either fully commit or not have them at all because now it just leaves people on edge anticipating their favorite PS1 games only to be left with disappointment when they do finally arrive. All I can say is, hope for a patch to add in trophies in which case is a rarity in itself but even if they had all the time in the world while bringing new games to the service in the future, I can't imagine that's a priority for them knowing the nature of ports.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is nothing new. All these games so far being mentioned and released have been on PS3 PS Store for years as standlone PS2 classics. 

Seems like copy and paste attempt to make money out of existing games hoping no one would notice from PS3 era. 

Apparently the performance is much worse than their orginal counterparts which again adds to the pot of copy and paste. 

Sure some have trophies or will have which is nice added touch which will give them replaybility. 

• 8 months later...

Wild Arms 2 will most likely have trophies I assume, since Wild Arms 1 did, and Legend of Dragoon is a Sony game I believe, so hopefully it will too. What sucks are games likes Resident Evil 1 not getting trophies, that's a huge bummer especially for someone who is such a huge RE fan. With that being said, I still REALLY hope we get Resident Evil 2 & 3 original on PS soon, same with the old Tomb Raider games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

Wild Arms 2 will most likely have trophies I assume, since Wild Arms 1 did, and Legend of Dragoon is a Sony game I believe, so hopefully it will too. What sucks are games likes Resident Evil 1 not getting trophies, that's a huge bummer especially for someone who is such a huge RE fan. With that being said, I still REALLY hope we get Resident Evil 2 & 3 original on PS soon, same with the old Tomb Raider games. 

Classic tomb raider with trophies , hell and yes!!!!

• Like 3