Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

18 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

100%, Even angel of darkness and we know how bad that was !!

Only bad because the publisher rushed the game out before Core were finished. It clearly wasn’t ready but I still really enjoyed parts of it, especially the hall of seasons.

Eidos really were done with Core after that, even though it was their doing. Yet Crystal Dynamics ran the series into the ground again after only two games (excluding Anniversary) and needed to reboot a second time. Still bitter about the whole situation tbh. ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Only bad because the publisher rushed the game out before Core were finished. It clearly wasn’t ready but I still really enjoyed parts of it, especially the hall of seasons.

Eidos really were done with Core after that, even though it was their doing. Yet Crystal Dynamics ran the series into the ground again after only two games (excluding Anniversary) and needed to reboot a second time. Still bitter about the whole situation tbh. 1f602.png

Yeah and i also heard it clashed with the release date of the 2nd film too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 5:56 PM, Don_Chipotle said:

ridge racer type 4 without trophies is a crime TBH

RR2 without trophies is also awful, that game could have an incredibly satisfying trophy list. Still finished it because I had to pay my respects to one of the PSP games that kept me entertained for a month or so, but still...missed opportunity 

• Like 2

I'm more annoyed how Namco games seem to drop without any way of purchasing, even honouring "Legacy Purchases" as I own Tekken 6 PSP on my PSP/PSVita Digitally yet can't get it as it's "Subscription Only" (same with Soul Caliber Broken Destiny) though they finally made Mr Driller/Tekken 2/Ridge Racer 2/Ridge Racer Type-4 available after about a YEAR so there's hope I guess 🤷‍♂️

Also where the hell are the games from other big Publishers/Developers that aren't Sony/Namco? It's kinda ridiculous at this point. Don't even get me started on the months that they only add "Remasters that were made on PS4, but they're originally PS1/PS2/PS3 Era titles so it totally counts as a Classic" bullshit 😑 Spoiler alert, we already bought those during the past decade if we cared enough, so that adds nothing, drop those on PS+ Extra and release actual Emulated Classics every month (especially with the huge price increase a few months back 😒)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cashaddi said:

Is there a website where upcoming classics releases are tracked? Does Sony even share this information anywhere?

I find Sony usually announces the classics that are coming out each month in the second week of that month on PlayStation Blog within the "PlayStation Plus Game Catalog" posts. Then the classics come out the week after that. Sometimes it's a slightly different timeline, but that's usually the case. You'll probably see the announcement for November classics posted within the next few days there

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cashaddi said:

Damn, but how do you know?

If the game was a first party on PS1 or PSP, they usually release trophy support for these new releases. Talking about games that were multiplatform, we don't get trophy list.

That is why this service is a joke and makes ZERO sense they only release 2-3 games each month, most of them already available on PS3. For PS1, in a year, there were only 2 games that weren't possible to buy on European Stores: Legend of Dragoon and Hercs Adventures. No trophy support for most games, quality is questionable, Toy Story 2 still doesn't have the BASIC 60hz for the European version and still being one of the most requested games to have trophy support... 🙄 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ping182 said:

Seems like we won't be getting PS1 trophies with this update. This is the sole reason why I'm keeping my expensive sub, maybe I'm in minority, but ain't gonna renew anymore.

Jet Moto will likely have trophies as the IP is owned by sony. Up probably won't as none of the Disney stuff has so far. Grandia is a mystery. It is owned by Gungho but if Sony is publishing it may get them, it may not. Regardless the lists usually don't go live until 1 or 2 days before the drop.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 7:29 PM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

http://www.retroplace.com/pics/ps2/packshots/74144--dogs-life.png

I hope you guys aren't forgetting about the greatest of all PS2 games. 

Damn I remember this one, still got my copy. The game was also a pain to save: it was like 1000+ kb to save one file - and remember, a memory card was only 8mb!

Edited by Darghel
Woops, i meant kylobite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish Sony would help these other devs and publishers out and mandate trophies. Now, it wouldn't be ideal, but at least some very simple to implement "play for x hours", "start the game", "beat the game". Just so we can track our gaming history... 😕 Like I said that would be beyond lazy, but at least it would be something.

I recall there's at least one classic game that utilizes image recognition for trophies. Having a partner called "Rose" to join should unlock the trophy, but a random NPC talks about a rose and it also triggers the trophy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cashaddi said:

I wish Sony would help these other devs and publishers out and mandate trophies. Now, it wouldn't be ideal, but at least some very simple to implement "play for x hours", "start the game", "beat the game". Just so we can track our gaming history... 😕 Like I said that would be beyond lazy, but at least it would be something.

I recall there's at least one classic game that utilizes image recognition for trophies. Having a partner called "Rose" to join should unlock the trophy, but a random NPC talks about a rose and it also triggers the trophy.

I agree. I like to scroll my list and remember what I’ve played and when. I was lamenting this to myself and scrolling through my list and it brought three games I’ve not finished back to my attention to finish.

While I wouldn’t necessarily say a Rataliaka level of lazy would be better than nothing, at least a set of all golds where it’s like you said. Start, finish, play X hours would be better than none at all.