Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

now everyone: "PS Plus premium is so good!" smh

Its still pretty meh. Even with trophies they seem to be launching it half baked. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they still have more to reveal for the service, but I wouldn't be surprised if what has been announced already is it for the launch. 

• Like 1

One thing I hadn't considered until now is that since PS1 and PSP games are also getting save states and the ability to rewind, that could potentially make any kind of skill-based trophy extremely trivial. I doubt they'd have it where using those features would disable trophies.

• Like 1

I don't care if they have platinum, just the fact of being able to 100% would make me happy. crash original trilogy, Silent Hill, and many others

Being able to platinum the original PS1 versions of the first few Crash and Spyro games would be really nice, although I doubt they'd ever be included in the service sadly.

Edited by Zephrese

1 hour ago, CelestialRequiem said:

DINO CRISIS 
DINO CRISIS 2 

As much as i may prefer a potential remaster (RE1 style), or a remake.... YES. JUST FUCKING YES. 

1 hour ago, ScottishNub said:

i just want to see every single game i couldn't care about the trophy side

Thats where i stand, ill play what i feel like. Wonder what the UI will look like for this. Hopefully easy to navigate, instead of a bunch of sub menus like "New releases PS PLUS PREMIUM" - PS NOW - PS CLASSICS.

Have them all under one thing we can filter by genre etc. 

37 minutes ago, shinkaix7 said:

Its still pretty meh. Even with trophies they seem to be launching it half baked. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they still have more to reveal for the service, but I wouldn't be surprised if what has been announced already is it for the launch. 

they have a few weeks. I expect a big sony state of play focusing on FF16, God Of War Ragnarok, Plus upgrading and maybe a few others like Stray. Rumors of FF7Rp2 being shown next month for anniversary is interesting too. How far along is that and how far would the gap between FF16 and 7P2 be?

All that said, this next upcoming month is going to be a good idea of where Sony stands and whats coming for better or worse.

2 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Watch them not have platinums, there’s always a catch 1f605.png

It may depend on the game if the ps2 games are any indication. Syphon filter will definitely have a platinum but tekken 2 possibly wont due to the fact its a barebones fighting game where a playthrough is around 30 minutes and it doesn't have much to offer as far as single player modes go(but to be fair this was standard for fighting games of the time)

Fuck yeah! Bring it Bend and thanks for supporting and appealing to the trophy hunting community. Let’s hope others follow. Shows that it can be done. Hunt on! ?

If more legacy titles get trophy support will the site add PS1, PS2, and PSP categories? A platinum trophy across all generations people!

Edited by MrTrofyHunter
  • Like 3

I need only one thing!

Parasite Eve 1 for Europe + trophy support!

Beside this psx has a lot of great games for platinum

All tekken games

All Resident evil games

Dino crisis 1+2

Silent Hill

Metal gear

Imagine going for the mortal kombat mythologies subzero platinum or unlock devil kazuya in tekken 1???

Good luck with that…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

One thing I hadn't considered until now is that since PS1 and PSP games are also getting save states and the ability to rewind, that could potentially make any kind of skill-based trophy extremely trivial. I doubt they'd have it where using those features would disable trophies.

Do you think that PS2 and PSP games will have the rewind and save state feature? Maybe trophies as well. 

Wow, this is actually a dream come true for me. I've always loved the idea of older games getting trophy support, can't believe it's actually happening. I hope this means PSP games can get them as well. There are so many games I'd love to go back and get a plat in.

• Like 1

I'm going to bang the drum for Xenogears and hope it gets released via the new service with trophies. Probably a pipe dream, though...

Please tell me someone else remembers Xenogears? The shiniest hidden gem of the approximately 4 thousand JRPGs Square released for the PS1, in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i hope so, black was ahead of its time and truly a great game

I agree. Black was the last game i played on ps3 before i started on ps4 and at the time i said wow. The realism and gameplay at the time was great! I really enjoyed that game.

18 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Do you think that PS2 and PSP games will have the rewind and save state feature? Maybe trophies as well. 

In the PlayStation Blog post, they only confirmed the rewind and save state feature for PS1 and PSP games. I believe the only PS2 games they've announced coming to the service so far are the ones that released on PS4 which explains why they wouldn't have these new features. The PS2 classics on PS4 already have trophies, and the subject of this thread confirms trophies for PS1 and I would assume PSP as well lol.