Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

Excellent news. Might subscribe at least for a while for that top tier to get some old favourites done. 

As someone else said, might explain why the rollout of the classics looks slow, as they need to worked on to add the trophy triggers. Hopefully the lists aren't just straightforward "complete the game", though with both save states and time rewinds nothing is going to be all that difficult.

Eventually if these get trophy support and a ps1 classic release, ill be more than satisfied:

Xenogears (unlikely)

Chrono Trigger

Valkyrie Profile

Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6

Parasite Eve 1, 2

Dino Crisis 1, 2 

Revelations: Persona

Persona 2

Vagrant Story

Silent Hill 1

ah theres many I want. Prob won't play lots of them but if those above never saw a remaster or remake... well then...next best thing...ps1 classic with trophy support. 

Edited by Infected Elite
i knew Silent Hill 2 had a plat. Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Dude, I would not be able to contain myself if that game got a plat

100% ? I have to contain myself for a little while (couple months) to see if Crisis Core on PS+ (and preferably to Buy and Own permanently) will even happen before breaking that UMD out and popping it into my PSP for another playthrough ?

I imagine trophy support could be limited if the original developers don’t exist anymore. Maybe Sony could offer a financial incentive to add trophies to pre-existing games or even gate off the service/lump sum payments without trophies? Feel like the second one would cause a lot of developers to just say “why bother.” Hopefully it’s the former.

2 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I imagine trophy support could be limited if the original developers don’t exist anymore. Maybe Sony could offer a financial incentive to add trophies to pre-existing games or even gate off the service/lump sum payments without trophies? Feel like the second one would cause a lot of developers to just say “why bother.” Hopefully it’s the former.

Remember how they said some games would be downloadable/purchasable outside of the service? I'm thinking something like that, where the dev takes a cut. Would work great as an incentive.

• Like 1

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium**/Deluxe Plans

We’re focused on adding high quality titles into the PlayStation Plus service for players to enjoy. I’m pleased to share a selection of the content that will be available for PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe plans. PlayStation.com will be updated with the game list when it launches in your region.

Classic Games Catalog 
PlayStation Plus Premium**/Deluxe Plan

PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have a selection of popular classic games to play, with some titles that will show improved frame rates and higher-quality resolution compared to their original launch versions. For select original PlayStation and PSP classic games, members will also enjoy a new user interface with menus that allow you to save your game at any time, or even rewind the game if you want a do-over. 

The games available in our PlayStation Plus games catalog will continue to refresh and evolve over time, so there is always something new to play.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe
An additional monthly refresh will occur in the middle of each month with new games across the PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe plans. The number of games refreshed will vary per month.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

Ever since I learned multiple big games on PS3 had their trophy lists patched in months or years after release with Sony rolling them out, I've been hoping and assuming that the same could and would happen with these PS1 and PS2 games coming to the new PS+ (or rather, being "released" with lists) even as others decried it being possible or even likely. Lo and behold, I feel vindicated, haha. Can't wait to see what new old lists I can add to my profile with this.

• Like 1