Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

1 hour ago, Viscera1900 said:

I wanted to replay Tekken 3 for the longest time. It was never released on PS Store EU during PS3 & PS4 generation. Hopefully it will finally be released during this console generation and having trophy support would be icing on the cake.

That's never going to happen unfortunately, because of licensing issues. This is why it wasn't released as PSone classic in the first place. But at least we get Tekken 2 ?

• Like 3

On 5/20/2022 at 7:17 AM, The_Kopite said:

Would love to see Final Fantasy 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 with platinums if SE never decide to bring the Pixel Remasters to Playstation. 

Chrono Trigger too would be awesome, as would Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3!

YES. I'd also include those Mega Man classic PS1 ports.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, the_real_culture said:

P.N.0.3

I, too, wish Capcom would accidently work on a PS2 port to then stealthily drop it as a classic with a platty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G4Knight said:

YES. I'd also include those Mega Man classic PS1 ports.

I, too, wish Capcom would accidently work on a PS2 port to then stealthily drop it as a classic with a platty.

If Capcom and Square Enix could work with Sony on this, man the service could have some absolutely banging games and platinums on it to play and go for! Would be insane!

• Like 1

Okay, so apparently a bunch of PS1 titles have leaked. Here's what I've ascertained so far:

• 'Some' was entirely accurate. So far none of the leaked titles have trophy support. Disappointing, but I guess if they want to do this quickly they'll need to pick and choose with these things...

• Lots of little emulation features otherwise, though. Save states, rewind, stuff like that.

• Load times aren't effected in the least, so if it was slow back in the day it'll be slow now.

• Graphic upscaling seems to be pretty common.

So yeah, trophy support isn't going to be universal with these going forward like I hoped. I'm a little more on the fence about upping my sub now, guess we'll see what does and doesn't get support going forward- if it's for first party games only I'm going to be very disappointed.

• Like 4

We now know PSP title Ridge Racer 2and PS1 game Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee will be included in the top tier. Both of them have been updated with "up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters".

In the case of Oddworld, pricing outside of PS Plus Premium works out at roughly $4 to buy the game standalone. Some images of the new user interface that lets you select various visual modes have also appeared online, which you can check out through here. It includes the previously announced rewind feature, some visual presets, further video options, and selectable aspect ratios. According to users, Oddworld does not have Trophies.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/more-ps1-psp-games-launching-on-ps-plus-premium-revealed

• Like 3

Not that I know anything about what goes into these ports, and hell, I certainly wouldn't expect them to do this if I would be giving them too much credit, but is it still possible trophies could be patched into these games that don't have them at launch like Oddworld to arrive at a later date by chance?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

Not that I know anything about what goes into these ports, and hell, I certainly wouldn't expect them to do this if I would be giving them too much credit, but is it still possible trophies could be patched into these games that don't have them at launch like Oddworld to arrive at a later date by chance?

Its possible but the question is whether or not the publishers want to do it. It took half a decade for metal gear solid 4 to get trophies back on ps3 so i wouldn't be surprised if some games get trophies 6 months down the line.

• Like 1

I was thinking I'm not interested in the Classics at all, but @X_Wizi_X has just reminded me of a particular game so thanks for that ;)

Gimme some Parasite Eve 2 with trophies and I would upgrade for a month just to play that with trophies!!!

In fact, that would be a awesome remake.

I guess Dino Crisis could be nice as well, but always loved PE2

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

We know Syphon Filter will get trophies because Bend Studios made a post about it on Twitter. The trophy list might not available atm (like Syphon Filter) on PSN and that's why they're reporting that... Or maybe it truly doesn't have Trophies, that's a shame :(