Easiest Dark Souls game?

AJ_Radio

Overall, I would say yes - it's the Souls game I had the least troubles with. Or at least, if you use summons, the game is more trivial than any other Souls games. I mean...you find a Titanite Slab in the very first proper level, Forest of the Fallen Giants xD 

However it has some different rules from your average Souls experience. Enemies can swarm you like crazy if you rush in, and the hitboxes are super wonky.

• Like 2

Theres a reason this game is so divided in the community. The game has a lot of differing nuances for example how I-Frames work, so it all really does come down to personal preference and how you personally get along with the game.

AJ I don't think it is, This game is actually on my PS3 revisit list to soon be played. I just hope I kept my save.

I found the Scholar of the first sin edition a little easier on newer consoles.

If Elden ring counts it is in my opinion the easiest Souls game available.

17 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Overall, I would say yes - it's the Souls game I had the least troubles with. Or at least, if you use summons, the game is more trivial than any other Souls games. I mean...you find a Titanite Slab in the very first proper level, Forest of the Fallen Giants xD 

However it has some different rules from your average Souls experience. Enemies can swarm you like crazy if you rush in, and the hitboxes are super wonky.

How dare you say that about my beloved Best Souls! ?

If you say that again, I will swing my fist 3 feet to your left...

...brutally connecting with you somehow! :blink: ?

@AJ_Radio - I'd say it probably is, yeah - and bear in mind, I also think that it is the best one, so that isn't a slight!

The only contender for being maybe a little easier is Demon's Souls PS5 version, which removes some of the more wonky stuff that made the original Demon's Souls harder, and smooths some of the trophy requirements. 

I do think some of the DLC in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin stuff gets more tricky though - surpassing some of Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3

• Like 2

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

I do think some of the DLC in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin stuff gets more tricky though - surpassing some of Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3

I bought the PS3 version of Dark Souls II several years ago, around circa 2015 - 2016 when the PS4 version wasn't even out. Maybe my memory is failing me.

I imagine like with Dark Souls Remastered, you have a solid 60 FPS on the PS4 version and it adds additional content that is required for the platinum. The remastered version includes Artorias of the Abyss DLC, which you have to pay for on the initial PS3 version.

The initial PS3 version of Dark Souls II doesn't require the stuff that was added in Scholar of the First Sin for the materials and therefore the platinum, even though I still believe you can pay for that DLC. It's really not worth it though, especially this late in the game where PS5 is going strong and the PS3/Vita are both on life support, more or less.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

How dare you say that about my beloved Best Souls1f621.png

If you say that again, I will swing my fist 3 feet to your left...

...brutally connecting with you somehow! :blink: 1f602.png

OhNoMyADP.gif!!!

uUFGFm7.gif

But yeah, honestly in this game if you raise your ADP stat and play with a mace infused with lightning, you will pulverize 80%-90% of the game xD DLC is a doozy, indeed (Frigid Outskirts anyone?) but there's a lot of strategies to counter almost anything the game throws at you. That's why it's considered the "easiest" Souls.

Until you play Elden Ring of course :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I bought the PS3 version of Dark Souls II several years ago, around circa 2015 - 2016 when the PS4 version wasn't even out. Maybe my memory is failing me.

I imagine like with Dark Souls Remastered, you have a solid 60 FPS on the PS4 version and it adds additional content that is required for the platinum. The remastered version includes Artorias of the Abyss DLC, which you have to pay for on the initial PS3 version.

The initial PS3 version of Dark Souls II doesn't require the stuff that was added in Scholar of the First Sin for the materials and therefore the platinum, even though I still believe you can pay for that DLC. It's really not worth it though, especially this late in the game where PS5 is going strong and the PS3/Vita are both on life support, more or less.

Ah, yeah, I forgot the dlc on Ps3 had no trophies - I played both, so got them mixed up in my head I think.

The DLCs are good btw - well worth playing on Ps3 if you don’t plan on playing the PS4 version too - they actually add more narrative stuff than you’d expect, including changing the main game ending, and one of the areas in particular is, IMO, one of the best of the whole trilogy - so worth doing regardless of trophies!

• Like 1

Besides the total nuisance of your weapon breaking in like 5 hits. It's pretty simple. The weapon durability is by far the worst in the trilogy. Especially when you forget to repair it before a boss fight  But Speed running it is probably the easiest as you can skip alot for NG+ and ++. Just try to get the farming for sunlight medals early so you don't have to spend 30hours farming Falconers. As the online Is pretty dead for lvl 120 when I attempted to be summoned lol. So do the summoning method for sunlight medals first.

I'm playing dark souls remastered right now and finding it to be really easy but I haven't played 2 yet.  Guess I'm getting used to the Series because I thought Dark souls was suppose to be one of the harder ones.  I had far more trouble in Dark souls 3 than Dark Souls.  Dark Souls 2 is next for me to finish out the series so i'll know soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

I'm playing dark souls remastered right now and finding it to be really easy but I haven't played 2 yet.  Guess I'm getting used to the Series because I thought Dark souls was suppose to be one of the harder ones.  I had far more trouble in Dark souls 3 than Dark Souls.  Dark Souls 2 is next for me to finish out the series so i'll know soon enough.

DS1 is really only hard because of the PS3 version of Blighttown where you get like 10frames lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

DS1 is really only hard because of the PS3 version of Blighttown where you get like 10frames lol

yeah i could see that. Some places in the game are so dark and I imagine it was worse on ps3 version.  Frames and darkness and a bit clunky.

That's a good question ? I actually thought Dark Souls Remastered was easier. Dark Souls 2 difficulty was mainly around frustration for me. Endless, endless amounts of bosses that just felt forced in at times, some of them literally copy pasted from the first game with no lore reason, just because they wanted to put another boss encounter in there. Some bosses which were literally just regular enemies in terms of power but still somehow had that big screen-wide health-bar that bosses get. Sometimes the rooms just before the fight were 10x harder than the boss fight itself. It just felt like they were trying to throw as much against the wall as possible and banked on at least some encounters to stick and be memorable. 

Dark Souls 2 was basically a hot mess. It had a few great moments, but ultimately it was just all over the place from a design and polish point of view. You could really tell that it had two directors who could never see eye-to-eye creatively, leading to one of them leaving the project halfway through. It's like two games forced together with a nonsensical map. The DLC is pretty amazing though and really shows the flaws of the main game. But yeah, compared to the first one at least, it's a mildly enjoyable game but nowhere near as polished and fun an experience. Looking at the metacritic score is kinda mind blowing to me because I genuinely don't think it deserved scores as high as it got.

I'm going to be starting Dark Souls 3 in a few weeks, which I hear good things about though, so hopefully the experience and difficulty will be closer to Dark Souls Remastered, rather than Dark Souls 2.

• Like 1

I believe, overall, if you’re a trophy hunter, the first one is the easiest of the three.  You start with normal i-frames, the  (physical) defense stat isn’t calculated horribly like in 2, you start with 10 estus and can kill very early a weak boss to have 20, humanity restores your health fully very quickly, and can be easily farmed as soon as you kill the tutorial boss, the dexterity stat isn’t horribly nerfed like in 2, pyromancies do not require stats (and there’s stuff like Power Within in 1), poise isn’t nerfed like in 2 or 3, and of course, getting the platinum is much more quicker and less painful in 1, than 2 or 3.

• Like 1

Elden Ring & Dark Souls 1

Dark souls 1 has a slow movement system compared to all the other games

Elden Ring has summons wich makes the game easy, and makes it super easy when you get the '' Mimic Tear '' Summon and upgrade it to the highest lvl, you can mange to do this before you even hit the halfway point in the game. There is also a youtube guide you can watch to get whatever weapon you want to second highest upgrade point at the start of the game

I was not sure if you meant Souls games or just the Dark Souls series.

Edited by Arzoden
Update.

DS1 is the easiest, dark souls 2 has some hard bosses, and if your doing all the dlc, scholar edition for example. then sir alonne and fume knight are bastards, and getting to the lurker and doing those gauntlets is fucking awful aswel. 

still in general dark souls games are mostly easy, it's only the first time u go through one that makes it difficult.

I haven’t completed it yet, but as far as I’m concerned, I don’t think so. Dark Souls Remastered seems easier to me for the same reasons mentioned earlier in the thread. For sure the first one is the easiest to plat since the requirements are pretty trivial. Also, in Dark Souls and DSIII, weapons basically don’t break (played both in their entirety with the same weapon. In DSII I felt like I was holding breadsticks?

I think with most souls games, it's difficulty is dependant on what you do/how you play. 

Going into DS2 blind, I had heard it was the easiest, then I join the covenant of champions, not knowing what it did, proceeded to forget about it until the end of my playthrough, spec'd my character for dex, didn't know how important ADP was, and refused to use life gems at all. 

In the early game, I felt like I was beating my head against a wall and was so frustrated how the "easiest" game was giving me such a hard time. It wasn't until I replayed it, with better knowledge of the game/series, that I could see why it's considered the easiest. 

Fridged Outskirts not withstanding, I'm never going near that area again. 

• 7 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 2:54 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Is this the easiest Dark Souls game?

I've been playing souls games from the beginning. Demon's Souls was my first! I did play them all in order. Dark Souls 2 is the ONLY one that I didn't get the platinum on. So I don't know if it's the easiest. I'm actually thinking of running through the games again. Maybe it IS the easiest. Only time will tell.