Idol Manager coming to PS5, PS4 & Switch on August 25

Suminya

Seems interesting, I generally like business management sims like this. I'll definitely keep my eye on it, will likely import from PlayAsia since I like hoarding my physical games.

Considering the Japanese trailer also has English audio, I assume there's no Japanese audio option? Not a dealbreaker, though I can't say I'm a massive fan of the voice acting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MercilessWaffle said:

Seems interesting, I generally like business management sims like this. I'll definitely keep my eye on it, will likely import from PlayAsia since I like hoarding my physical games.

Considering the Japanese trailer also has English audio, I assume there's no Japanese audio option? Not a dealbreaker, though I can't say I'm a massive fan of the voice acting.

I'm pretty sure the voice over was solely made for this trailer, since the game itself only features the voices of 3 members of the idol group Kamen Joshi - Moa Tsukino, Yuka Kojima, and Yuri Kinoshita - and some additional voices from a handful of voice actors for certain characters, like rival managers or people working in your agency. All in Japanese, obviously.

Here's a list of the voice actors I remember being in the game: Koji Kawakami, Keisuke Tokumori, Mayuko Kazama, Matsuri Mizuguchi, Wataru Katou, Reiko Muratsubaki, Sachi Asahina, and Hayato Kashiwazaki. Some of them also voice more than one character if I remember correctly.

Kamen Joshi is also responsible for the two theme songs of the game, "Dreaming Days" and "Masquerade Nights", by the way.

• Like 1

Oh cool, cool, I am majorly down for this. :D Both the kawaii and the business-sim facets. It can't be as brutal as the real deal, thank Shiki. And heck that's an affordable pricepoint for digital - typically swing physical, but it's worth consideration on the cheap.

- jeez, flashback, reminded outta nowhere of the earliest 'moneymaking' game that I ever played: 'Wall Street Kid', NES. I have no bloody idea why my parents purchased that for us sibs; our family weren't even middle-class. Never won that game, its RNG stock market bamboozled me. x.x;; I'll take fifty-seven idol managements before even a whiff of stock brokerage again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suminya said:

I'm pretty sure the voice over was solely made for this trailer, since the game itself only features the voices of 3 members of the idol group Kamen Joshi - Moa Tsukino, Yuka Kojima, and Yuri Kinoshita - and some additional voices from a handful of voice actors for certain characters, like rival managers or people working in your agency. All in Japanese, obviously.

Here's a list of the voice actors I remember being in the game: Koji Kawakami, Keisuke Tokumori, Mayuko Kazama, Matsuri Mizuguchi, Wataru Katou, Reiko Muratsubaki, Sachi Asahina, and Hayato Kashiwazaki. Some of them also voice more than one character if I remember correctly.

Kamen Joshi is also responsible for the two theme songs of the game, "Dreaming Days" and "Masquerade Nights", by the way.

Thanks for the detailed response. Strange they'd pick English voice overs solely for a trailer. I'm not sure who the English voice actors are, so maybe there's some relevance to it that I'm not picking up on or something.

Good to hear that the game does have a Japanese voice acting option though.

• 1 month later...

Final confirmation that the Japan-only physical release will be playable in English (lifted from an official e-mail I received earlier this week):

Region information for the physical release

Idol Manager is receiving a physical console release in Japan, with physical versions for Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5. The physical release is Japan-only, but the game card/game disc will include all supported languages (including English), and the physical copy of the game should play in your console regardless of region.

In case you're curious, these are the supported languages: English, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese (Brazil).

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 2