Death Stranding 2: On The Beach (coming 2025)

ziggypossum

Im fine with this as long as it is different enough (IE, remove the balancing act, make driving easier).

I could see this being Kojimas baby for the next 10-12 years. Probably a 2nd,  but maybe a 3rd.

I'd like to see where it goes, perhaps more action this time as i felt the first had too much just going point a to point b and back. 

The ending of it was great though. Final fights and cutscenes, great.

Lets see what happens 

I could be wrong on this... but isn't this a mistake? Death Stranding struck me as one of those games that sold well yes, but that was off Kojima's reputation. Now that people have actually seen what Death Stranding is I think there is good odds that a second one would sell at least 50% less than the 1st one. Which is fine if they spend much less money on it, but spending the same/more trying to get the same/more sales? Don't see it.

• Like 1

Was excited for the first one when it came out, but didn't really know what to expect so kept my hype in check.  Started slow but pushed through and ended up really enjoying it.  Probably one of my favorites from last gen.  Having a little trouble motivating to keep going through the PS5 re-release, but not really the games fault... it's a better second playthrough than I thought it'd be.

I'm down for a Part 2.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Hopefully I'm able to get into it sooner. Got the original on release day, played 15 hours and pretty much hated it and didn't pick it up again for over a year, then I decided over the lockdown Christmas 2020 to just platinum it and I found it drastically improved after those 15 hours... then there was a 50 hour grind for the platinum post-story... oof, will definitely be save-transferring for the PS5 version but I'm glad I got it and am down for a sequel for sure. 

I played during covid, and it was the perfect game for that- gorgeous to look at, but not too exciting so I could just relax and take things at my own pace. Really helped me get through being stuck indoors all day for a month or two.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Source: Stadia turned down an exclusive Death Stranding follow-up from Kojima

https://9to5google.com/2022/09/30/stadia-exclusive-death-stranding-kojima/

A source has told 9to5Google that the game Kojima was working on was meant to be a Stadia-exclusive follow-up to Death Stranding, a game which initially launched as a PlayStation exclusive in 2019. Where Death Stranding was an asynchronous multiplayer game — where actions taken in your world can have an effect on other players, such as building signs to help others find their way — the proposed game would be strictly a single-player experience.

In fact, our source says it was that single-player nature of the game that led Google to cancel Stadia’s collaboration with Kojima, with the company believing there was no longer a market for solo experiences. Reportedly, the game had gotten initial approval from Google and had begun the early stages of development. However, shortly after the first mockups were shown in mid 2020, Google scrapped the project entirely.

Previous reporting on Kojima Productions’ intended Stadia efforts claimed it would be an “episodic horror game,” and that Kojima himself was excited to work with the potential of the cloud. Ultimately, it was said to be Stadia’s General Manager, Phil Harrison, who made the final call to cancel the Death Stranding follow-up.

Since that cancelation, with its more recent PC re-releases, Death Stranding has grown to be a well-regarded game with a full sequel now said to be in the works.

• Like 1

uLiKOQc.png

Qng4Yyd.png

Hideo Kojima Posts First Images of Elle Fanning on Set of New Game

Hideo Kojima has posted new images of Elle Fanning on the set of his next game. Hideo Kojima is one of the most renowned video game developers out there, but he likes to keep some secrecy around his project and let fans bathe in the mystery. As such, he loves to tease and drop small hints to what his next project may entail. When Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was announced, the game was announced by a fake developer with simply just the subtitle of the game. Players looked closely, however, and noticed Metal Gear Solid V was etched into the top of the subtitle's letting on the title card. Their suspicions were later confirmed, but that didn't stop Kojima and players themselves from creating more mysteries around the game.

Last month, Hideo Kojima began teasing his next game with the silhouette of an actresses' face and fairly quickly, people assumed it was Elle Fanning. Earlier this week, Hideo Kojima confirmed the actress was Elle Fanning and that she'd be starring in his next game. He also began teasing a second actress for the game and no one has confidently guessed who it may be. Nevertheless, Hideo Kojima took to social media to share pictures of Elle Fanning on a stage that's typically used to scan actors into a game. It's largely not used for the actual performance itself, but to scan in the face and possibly the body of the person in question. With that said, it's hard to know how old these are or where in production the game actually is at the moment.

It's heavily speculated that Hideo Kojima will continue to tease his next game until December where it will have a grand unveiling at The Game Awards. It's unclear what the game may be, but a producer at Kojima Productions may have slipped up and revealed that it's a new Death Stranding game. Only time will tell, but it certainly seems like Kojima is eager to talk more about it.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/hideo-kojima-elle-fanning-set-photos-new-game/

16n3vhk.png

Edited by ziggypossum
even the moon
  • Like 2

Is it Death Stranding 2 though? The lines on the image with Elle remind of the "strands" you see on DS posters, but besides that, there's not much to go on. At least I'm glad he said it's a game because I had doubts even about that ?. Every Sony IP is getting a movie or a show nowadays, and Kojima's been overseeing some production in LA through Sony Mado and tweeting about it.

I assume this is separate from Overdose, or whatever that cloud game for Microsoft is.

Anyway, I like Elle. This announcement and footage make me want to rewatch The Neon Demon.

Edited by Slava

• 1 month later...