Trophies not popping- returning to returnal

Zeep_Xanflorp92

After a year of it being an incomplete game on my card, I decided to start playing Returnal again. I started it up, picking right where I left off in echoing ruins. The thing is… I just beat Ophion and didn’t receive any trophies. I played a little bit of tower, got to weapon proficiency 34. Beat ophion, and completed act 2. Didn’t get a single trophy pop. I decided to go through and start collectibles since I haven’t played since all the patches. I ended up on a good run and beat Ophion a SECOND time. I even equipped 5 parasites, and finished a Xeno-archive set. 

NO trophies. Zip. Nothing popped.

Anyone shed some light as to what’s wrong? I played when the game first launched for about a week or so. Haven’t touched it since til now, basically a year later almost to the day.

I tested to see if there was something wrong with my account. Right now I’m suspended for 3 more days, so I thought that was it. (It’s a long story but basically someone was being a huge homophobe in a match, and I decided to send him a message, he reported me, and I got a ban. The irony.) but Nope, I just unlocked one for Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves. So it’s not that my account being suspended from PSN.

At this point I’m hoping once I’m back online, they’ll just magically pop. Even though that doesn’t make much sense IMO. Unless progression is like server based and needs to be online. I’m not sure what could’ve happened.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

On 5/23/2022 at 8:13 AM, Therainbowf1sh said:

Most Guides suggest to make sure you are always connected to online when you are in the pause screen.  Check to see if you still are through the ban.  It says connection status in the top left when you pause the game.

So I’m not banned anymore, and I only popped completing a Xeno set after loading back in while connected to PSN. Now idk if beating Ophion will even trigger beating Act 2 trophy. I feel like I’m screwed. I haven’t collected all the pieces yet to trigger Act 3.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

Being Offline can cause Trophies to not pop in this game, guides should tell you this. It literally takes like 10 minutes to test and is quite a significant problem, especially if somebody cannot go online often. If somebody starts Returnal for the 1st time with no online connection, they literally can't pop trophies!!!!

The online functions are heavily linked to the trophies, which is why sometimes they won't pop.

Online affects the trophies so much, that if you start a brand new save and NEVER go online, ZERO trophies will pop!!!

This is my theory on how some players have got crazy plat times. They have started a fresh account, but Offline so no trophies, they then get to the point where only 1 Cipher and Log of each is needed (the easiest ones) and then backed up their save. They have then deleted their save and started again, but now online so all trophies pop. Then when they have everything else, restore that save and quickly get those final ciphers/logs in like 15 mins!! I think could be possible to get near to a 3 hour platinum time if one was to do this efficiently. 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1