Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suminya

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+ coming to Steam (May 26, 2022)

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

At least according to the Steam database: https://steamdb.info/app/1905750/

There's no official announcement yet, but I'm pretty sure, we'll get one in the upcoming weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update - May 26:

Here we go, the game just dropped today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1761390/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_Mega_Mix/

It is available as a standalone game for $39.39 / 39.39€ and in a VIP Bundle including 72 extra songs (for a total of 250 songs) and immediate access to in-game unlockable content for $59.99 / 59.99€.

Edited by Suminya

Mega Mix instead of Future Tone is disappointing, but expected. It'd be nice if this led to more arcade controllers being made, at least. Last time I checked, they were around $600 on ebay, with some listings as high as $800. Whether or not anyone was actually paying that much, I have no idea.  

1 hour ago, Cave Johnson said:

Mega Mix instead of Future Tone is disappointing, but expected. It'd be nice if this led to more arcade controllers being made, at least. Last time I checked, they were around $600 on ebay, with some listings as high as $800. Whether or not anyone was actually paying that much, I have no idea.  

You know you can use most arcade fighting sticks as a game pad for Future Tone, right? I bought mine under 20 bucks and the result is literally the same.

Overall this is interesting but also strange if this will be as profitable as Sega's hoping it to be. Only time will tell. 

18 minutes ago, Melachorn said:

You know you can use most arcade fighting sticks as a game pad for Future Tone, right? I bought mine under 20 bucks and the result is literally the same.

What I meant was the controller that has the same button layout as the arcade version:  

NEODAI-71338_103.jpg?v=2

I'm used to playing the arcade version, so that's how I prefer it.

Can still be mapped to exact same layout on a standard 4 or 8 button fighting stick which will probably cost you less than that controller though....

1 hour ago, Melachorn said:

Can still be mapped to exact same layout on a standard 4 or 8 button fighting stick which will probably cost you less than that controller though....

Unless it were an absurdly large fight stick, then it wouldn't be the same. The picture I included doesn't demonstrate the scale of the controller, so here's a video I found:

All you really need to see is the thumbnail, and maybe the first few seconds to get an idea of how big this controller is. 

Posted (edited)

Here we go, the game just dropped today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1761390/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_Mega_Mix/

It is available as a standalone game for $39.39 / 39.39€ and in a VIP Bundle including 72 extra songs (for a total of 250 songs) and immediate access to in-game unlockable content for $59.99 / 59.99€.

Edited by Suminya

On 26-5-2022 at 2:15 AM, Cave Johnson said:

Unless it were an absurdly large fight stick, then it wouldn't be the same. The picture I included doesn't demonstrate the scale of the controller, so here's a video I found:

All you really need to see is the thumbnail, and maybe the first few seconds to get an idea of how big this controller is. 

Oh I totally understand you! If you really want that arcade experience then, besides buying the real cabinet, the next best thing would be that authentic controller.

Sadly not everyone has a budget to spare, even for the (by now expensive) mini megamix switch arcade verssion. I personally went for the fighting stick approach and besides the weird looks I'd say that it is working pretty fine. (from 05:21 youtube .com/watch?v=z-8My3QNn20 .)

5 hours ago, Melachorn said:

Oh I totally understand you! If you really want that arcade experience then, besides buying the real cabinet, the next best thing would be that authentic controller.

Sadly not everyone has a budget to spare, even for the (by now expensive) mini megamix switch arcade verssion. I personally went for the fighting stick approach and besides the weird looks I'd say that it is working pretty fine. (from 05:21 youtube .com/watch?v=z-8My3QNn20 .)

If anymore arcade controllers are manufactured I'd probably buy one, but I could never justify paying two times the original cost or more. I can see how a fight stick would be useful though, especially for the previous Project Diva games where you'd definitely want to have eight buttons.

I like how the Steam Achievements have the same Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum color scheme as the Trophy lists for the PlayStation series.

TAlwayi.png