Can you play mafia 3 on PlayStation 5 ?

ItsVenss

I want to play mafia 3 on PlayStation 5, for cleaning up my backlog. I got Mafia 1 and 2 platinum, played on the PlayStation 5. 
But i seen some topics that Mafia 3 is not working well on the PlayStation 5. 
I think thats strange, because If you can play mafia 1 and 2 on ps5, Why not Mafia 3 on ps5. 
Is there someone that have platinum Mafia 3 on ps5? 
please let me know 

Yes, I platinumed it on PS5 a few months ago. Regardless of what system you play it on, some of the trophies are bugged out and don't properly track so you either have to download an older update when the trophies weren't bugged or play through the whole game in one session and hope and pray the game doesn't crash on you otherwise the tracker gets reset and you'll have to start over from the start. That's why there's so many complaints and issues with Mafia 3, has nothing to do with the system. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Yes, I platinumed it on PS5 a few months ago. Regardless of what system you play it on, some of the trophies are bugged out and don't properly track so you either have to download an older update when the trophies weren't bugged or play through the whole game in one session and hope and pray the game doesn't crash on you otherwise the tracker gets reset and you'll have to start over from the start. That's why there's so many complaints and issues with Mafia 3, has nothing to do with the system. 

Thank you for responding. 
So you platinumed it on Ps5, do you had problems? 
And how do you download the older update ? And what update should i use then ? 

15 minutes ago, ItsVenss said:

Yeah, I had most of the same problems everybody else has had. The flip/kill trophies not tracking properly, the game crashing on me which then reset my tracker and having to start a new game, etc etc. I did not bother with trying to figure out how to download a previous version and I played it with the newest update and the only way to achieve certain tracked trophies in the game with the newest patch is to play it all in 'one sitting' so the in-game tracker properly counts as you go. Once you exit out of the game or the game crashes it resets. 

There's plenty of threads on this game and how to get around the bugged trophies so I suggest you browse them before starting to get an idea of what you're going up against here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ItsVenss said:

Follow this guide and when you get to Step 11, use the regional code you need from this post: 

Good luck

Edited by KMan34
  • Like 3

On 21-5-2022 at 8:34 PM, mega-tallica said:

Yeah, I had most of the same problems everybody else has had. The flip/kill trophies not tracking properly, the game crashing on me which then reset my tracker and having to start a new game, etc etc. I did not bother with trying to figure out how to download a previous version and I played it with the newest update and the only way to achieve certain tracked trophies in the game with the newest patch is to play it all in 'one sitting' so the in-game tracker properly counts as you go. Once you exit out of the game or the game crashes it resets. 

There's plenty of threads on this game and how to get around the bugged trophies so I suggest you browse them before starting to get an idea of what you're going up against here.

Just got the platinum. 
For me the flip the rackets bosses and kill all the racket bosses where bugged. 
Yesterday done a playtrouch offline on patch 1.12, played in one sitting (15 hours ) for flipping 16 racket bosses. unlocked 
Today another run again in one sitting ( 10 hours ) for killing all the racket bosses. unlocked 
For me not a single crash on ps5
But the where a lot off bugs and glitchs in the game.

Edited by ItsVenss

• 1 year later...

Trying to patch a disc version of the game and remapping and setup in Charles is correct, but the update says 1.12 and it's the same file size I do believe. How will I know I've got the proper patch? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this to work for my bestie who doesn't feel like doing attempt #22 for the flip trophy lolz. Thanks in advance

On 27/07/2023 at 9:36 PM, mdkfuzz187 said:

Trying to patch a disc version of the game and remapping and setup in Charles is correct, but the update says 1.12 and it's the same file size I do believe. How will I know I've got the proper patch? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this to work for my bestie who doesn't feel like doing attempt #22 for the flip trophy lolz. Thanks in advance

The issue is likely that the "query" box on stage 12 of the process (mapping) is automatically filled when you do this for PS5. You need to delete what's there and make sure that box is empty.

Also make sure to press ctrl + alt + M to check this new correct mapping is the only one there.