Is Platinum Unattainable?

On 24/05/2022 at 2:11 PM, Destructor-8 said:

The requirements as @xXBurniXx mentioned were what I needed on the ps4 version so I think it was always the same. Yeah again as @xXBurniXx mentioned after you make it into the category you also need to drive at least that much whilst staying in it to basically confirm your position. I remember it took awhile to get into that category so it was great when I finally made it.

Yeah the ps4 version was the same. I actually went on it the other day to get some of the stuff that I needed. I haven't started the career yet so I'll probably get around to it sometime. I know the career is going to take a long time though lol.

long career took me 2 weeks

i started this platine as soon as i saw some people managed to get it but i regret it already, importing the ps4 save is a huge mess, ps4 version is 1.7 while actual ps5 version is 1.8 with different physics, and i got many issues because of that, actually i'm using both of 1.7 ps5 version (without last update) and 1.8 aswell

my sevral ps4 final career saves (short medium and long) did the auto pop on the 1.7 ps5 version only

some other trophies aslo worked for me only on the 1.7 ps5 version of the game( silver rank, spa francorpchamps trophies etc)

i couldnt transfert my driver stats on 1.8 so it saved new stats and even trying that with ps5 1.7 after was pointless so i have to start over leveling up my stats to platine

the only special even at the moment is with a dlc track, so i have to spend 8 more bucks on this broken game or wait for next month

i do not recommand to start this platimum hunt at least for now

On 17/10/2022 at 8:02 PM, Siggesvag said:

"Speed Demon" Complete a lap at Spa in under 2:25 is it bugged? I have done 2:24.xxx in practice and hot lap, different cars, on custom difficulty and on pro difficulty, no trophy. Did try PS4 version and no trouble to get it to pop there.

On 19/10/2022 at 5:08 PM, KILLMANster said:

Looks like it is mate :( i just tried on different account to get this thophy  - not working... Tried only "Hotlap"

Trophies in this game really piece of buggy crap unfortunately

i confirm, i got it only on the the 1.7 ps5 version, but broken on 1.8

On 03.11.2022 at 10:22 AM, o-XSephirothX-o said:

i do not recommand to start this platimum hunt at least for now

However, it makes sense to get the currently available trophies, as some of them only seem to work on certain versions of the game. And the moment when “everything works” may not come at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I just did a hotlap after installing patch 1.008.005 (PS5) and i unlocked the following trophies:

Top 1%

In the club

Dialled-in

Got the basics

I don't know if it was the patch at 11/11/2022 or the latest one who got released at 24/11/2022, who fixed the 'top 1%' since none of the both had "Fixed trophies not unlocking" in the patch notes.

I don't know either if more are still bugged or not, but i'm going for the platinum now.

For those who want this platinum, the only way is to buy the physical version of the game and not update. At the moment I'm doing career mode and without updating it's possible to get gold.

edit: after paul ricard endurance i go silver overall! Never see a game so glitched like this.

Edited by VirNeves

On 2/12/2022 at 7:35 PM, HuntingFever said:

Which trophies are currently unobtainable with the latest patch installed?

Hi, I'm 3 weeks in the game an what I can say is:

• Speed Demon seems bugged having a look at the comments in the forum, but I haven't yet tested it
  • Destruction Derby seems bugged as there is no way to totally destroy the car, but I will make more tests
  • The career is bugged as sometimes if you restart an event you won't get any medal at the end, lowering your career rating to silver and it seems there is no way to get back to gold. I'm half way into my medium lenght career, i will provide more details when it's over

all the others trophies are ok with the latest patch, including Variety is the spice of life and Master of All.

in general the game is pretty glitched.

hope this helps

Edited by CaptHowdy_84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptHowdy_84 said:

• Speed Demon seems bugged having a look at the comments in the forum, but I haven't yet tested it
  • Destruction Derby seems bugged as there is no way to totally destroy the car, but I will make more tests
  • The career is bugged as sometimes if you restart an event you won't get any medal at the end, lowering your career rating to silver and it seems there is no way to get back to gold. I'm half way into my medium lenght career, i will provide more details when it's over

all the others trophies are ok with the latest patch, including Variety is the spice of life and Master of All.

hope this helps

Thank you for the confirmation :).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:45 AM, CaptHowdy_84 said:

hope this helps

Speed Demon unlocked for me with the latest patch, with a simple hotlap in less than 2.25.00.

I'm still unable to get the Destruction Derby trophy and I'm not getting any medals on career endurance races despite arriving 1st. I think it might be something related to the name of the 2nd and 3rd drivers left blank...

• 2 weeks later...

A final note: all the trophies are ok and can be obtained. The only issue for me is the career that is bugged, preventing gold medals on some events denying the gold rank on the career; moreover, I wasn't able to get needed time for gold on the Silverstone wet event, the trick to wait in the lobby in order for the track to dry up didn't work for me and the career is too long to give a second try. Enjoy!

Edited by CaptHowdy_84

26 minutes ago, CaptHowdy_84 said:

A final note: all the trophies are ok and can be obtained. The only issue for me is the career that is bugged, preventing gold medals on some events denying the gold rank on the career; moreover, I wasn't not able to get needed time for gold on the Silverstone wet event, the trick to wait in the lobby in order for the track to dry up didn't work for me and the career is too long to give a second try. Enjoy!

I saw you are on the ps5 version so I'm not sure if it's completely bugged on or not. How it should work is that you have to make sure of getting the gold requirements on the first time completing it so you have to upload your save to PS Plus every time you finish stuff. If you finish an event & get silver then restart you won't be able to get it unless you restart the career again. It's completely fine to restart during the event but you need to make sure you'll get the gold once you cross the line otherwise you have to download your save again from PS Plus. If you've already been doing this then it's probably bugged but just wanted to let you know in case. If you know about all this then apologies & can ignore this. I have only done the ps4 version for this.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, Destructor-8 said:

I saw you are on the ps5 version so I'm not sure if it's completely bugged on or not. How it should work is that you have to make sure of getting the gold requirements on the first time completing it so you have to upload your save to PS Plus every time you finish stuff. If you finish an event & get silver then restart you won't be able to get it unless you restart the career again. It's completely fine to restart during the event but you need to make sure you'll get the gold once you cross the line otherwise you have to download your save again from PS Plus. If you've already been doing this then it's probably bugged but just wanted to let you know in case. If you know about all this then apologies & can ignore this. I have only done the ps4 version for this.

Yes I'm on PS5 and I was able to get all trophies with the digital version of the game, except the career ones. The endurance races didn't award any medal, despite fulfilling requirements for gold on the first try; sprint races at the beginning worked fine, so my hypothesis is that endurance glitched because I didn't provide a name for the 2nd and 3rd driver, but I have no confirmation of that. Thanks for the hints anyway! 

• 3 weeks later...

Career had an old bug where it didn’t award points in endurance races for finishing top 3 so you get no medal which drops your overall career to silver. This was fixed but it looks like it’s been reintroduced with the latest patches. I just finished 1st at the monza endurance race and got no medal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 11:11 AM, CaptHowdy_84 said:

Yes I'm on PS5 and I was able to get all trophies with the digital version of the game, except the career ones. The endurance races didn't award any medal, despite fulfilling requirements for gold on the first try; sprint races at the beginning worked fine, so my hypothesis is that endurance glitched because I didn't provide a name for the 2nd and 3rd driver, but I have no confirmation of that. Thanks for the hints anyway! 

On 1/8/2023 at 11:55 AM, d41-2k8 said:

Career had an old bug where it didn’t award points in endurance races for finishing top 3 so you get no medal which drops your overall career to silver. This was fixed but it looks like it’s been reintroduced with the latest patches. I just finished 1st at the monza endurance race and got no medal.

Apparently, you have to play offline (with no internet connection) to be able to get the gold medal during endurance events. This is what @bdias10 told in MP.

I'm about to start the career mode on the PS5 version so will update you guys about this soon. 

Side note about the trophy "Special" (get on a special event leaderboard"), it's currently impossible for me to get it because the current event is on a DLC track, which is Autodromo di Imola, and it comes from the DLC "2020 GT World Challenge Pack". So if I don't get the DLC, the platinum is unobtainable at the moment until the developers release a new event with a track from the base game.

Anyway, I'm on the game for a while so will tell you right away if I see an event with a track from the base game.

Edited by Mystic_Snake
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mystic_Snake said:

Apparently, you have to play offline (with no internet connection) to be able to get the gold medal during endurance events. This is what @bdias10 told in MP.

I'm about to start the career mode on the PS5 version so will update you guys about this soon. 

Side note about the trophy "Special" (get on a special event leaderboard"), it's currently impossible for me to get it because the current event is on a DLC track, which is Autodromo di Imola, and it comes from the DLC "2020 GT World Challenge Pack". So if I don't get the DLC, the platinum is unobtainable at the moment until the developers release a new event with a track from the base game.

Anyway, I'm on the game for a while so will tell you right away if I see an event with a track from the base game.

Its just the SPA ENDURANCE RACE that is weird and sometimes can glitch out, one of my friends had the issue twice in a row and the game crashed on him and he lost a couple hours, its very annoying. I recommend either playing offline or just disable the online stats

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

Its just the SPA ENDURANCE RACE that is weird and sometimes can glitch out, one of my friends had the issue twice in a row and the game crashed on him and he lost a couple hours, its very annoying. I recommend either playing offline or just disable the online stats

Thanks for the info, so to avoid any surprise, better to play offline or like you said, disable the online stats. 

Like I said also, will definitely update everyone here about my progression of the career mode :)

32 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Hey @Mystic_Snake, you earned this trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/15502-assetto-corsa-competizione/28-destruction-derby

2 days ago. Did it unlock normally while playing on the latest patch?

Trying to verify for this thread:

Yes, I did unlock it normally while playing on the latest patch (1.8.7).

This is how I did it :

1. Set up a practice session in the single-player menu
  2. Select Paul Ricard track and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3
  3. Go in a straight line and go at full speed, then crash into the first tire barrier, and from that just keep driving and crash the car into any barrier of the track, after some hits the car should stop and the trophy should pop.

Here's a french video guide about this trophy : 

• Like 2

On 24/01/2023 at 2:07 PM, HusKy said:

Hey @Mystic_Snake, you earned this trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/15502-assetto-corsa-competizione/28-destruction-derby

2 days ago. Did it unlock normally while playing on the latest patch?

Trying to verify for this thread:

For anyone struggling with this make sure you choose a mid or rear engine car. If you choose a front engine car then going straight into the barrier can destroy the engine first, which is why people are struggling with the Aston Martin. I got it first try with with the Porsche on the latest patch

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are all the endurance events glitched? I completed the Monza endurance twice and no medal. The first time I stayed online and have the online stats disabled and the second time I played completely offline. The only constant, which I found weird, is that that my name appears twice in the driver list showing amount of time each driver has left.

I completed the practice, qualifiers, and the race in one sitting. 

2 hours ago, nivasan6 said:

Are all the endurance events glitched? I completed the Monza endurance twice and no medal. The first time I stayed online and have the online stats disabled and the second time I played completely offline. The only constant, which I found weird, is that that my name appears twice in the driver list showing amount of time each driver has left.

I'm not even close to this event but what I can tell you from what I read is you have to get the fastest lap for every session (practice, qualifying and race). 

Also, I read also that you have to play completely offline but seems it didn't work from your side :o?

You read more about every events of the career mode here : https://www.trueachievements.com/a299344/sprint-achievement

I just started the career mode but will definitely come back here from time to time to post about my progress.

Keep us updated about it :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nivasan6 said:

Since the 1.8 update there are quite a few bugs that affecting the Career Mode. Even under 1.7 it was never perfect but I was able to finish short & middle career. The most annoying problem was, that saving your session was messing up your whole race. If you saved during the race, after continuing your car was standing still on the track, AI cars standing still in the pits, next to or on the track, causing lots of yellow flags. Even if I finished the race = no medal. I tried without saving (in long career endurance races … lol) = no medal.
The problem you described I had also noticed. There is also another bug, where the race information on top of the screen is disappearing. I am not sure what is the cause that no medal is given, so the only hope is to wait for another bug fix and keep fingers crossed. A couple of days 1.8.8.4 was released where the save problem seems to be resolved, but the problem is not 100% gone. There are still reports on the official discord. Last but not least, the counting of career points is broken. So all in all a quite frustrating situation. In the meanwhile I started the platinum run on PS4 and for now I would guess that I will get the platinum trophy sooner, than for the PS5 version. I started at least 6 or 7 attempts with the long career and sooner or later I was running into problems, where I had to start all over. Here you can get an overview of actual reported bugs on discord: https://discord.com/channels/408202433181777920/1069626117054533723

• Like 2

I decided to just wait for a patch. Completed the race a few more times and still no medal. One of my runs I opted to place third in qualifying overall and hope the Top Qualifier objective would be completed, but that did not work. I even enabled tyre/fuel consumption, limited tyre sets, brake temperature, and damage; funny thing is only brake temperature seemed to be enabled during the race. Worst case scenario would be to buy the PS5 physical copy and play it unpatched. I am playing the free upgrade via the PS4 disc.

@TOTENTANZ_77

@Mystic_Snake

Thank you both for providing links and helpful experiences.

Edited by nivasan6
  • Like 1