Episode 4 - Boarding Party challenge not working

I’m trying to 100% Episode 4 - Boarding Party. I have everything except for the challenge “I Suggest a New Strategy.” It’s for killing a stormtrooper with their own weapon. I already know what you’re supposed to do from looking at a guide and a video. I use C-3PO to activate the terminal near the end and use the turret to shoot the enemies in the room. It’s not registering. I’ve done it 3 or 4 times now. Free play mode and story. This is really frustrating. Has anyone else had any problems with this challenge?

I’ve 100% all first 3 episodes and this is first level of episode 4 and only thing that has not worked properly. 

Edit: I noticed in another video you can use the villain locker to pick a weapon and shoot a storm trooper with that as well. I tried that also. And that didn’t work either. 

Edit again: I finally got it after trying it in story mode yet again. Got it on first enemies in level by wearing their disguise from pieces on ground and killing one enemy. Makes no sense cause I did that before as well and it never worked before. 

Edited by rockhopper78