Books are Fun and Never Mined, I won trophies

nurezku

I have the same issue: I cannot get either “Books are Fun” or “Never Mined, I Won” trophies to pop. I’ve tried getting these to pop by waiting for the right items to legitimately spawn through normal play (good book and the mine) with no success, and also through creating custom levels with those items in, to make it quicker.

For the mine trophy, I’ve tried approximately 50 times - I’ve tried having an enemy player throw the mine, or my main player to throw it then stand on it… I’ve tried different standing positions (centred on the mine, off to one side etc)… nothing seems to work.

For the book trophy, I’ve tried to convert each player individually, tried to convert them all at the same time. Neither approach works. I’m at a loss as to what else to try…? Hoping someone else here has some ideas?

I’ve also tried restarting the game and the PlayStation too, which were suggested strats in the Trophy Guide… didn’t help.

Luckily, I’ve been playing this on a blank / dummy account as I’d read how buggy this game was, but neither of these two trophies were ones I’d expected to cause the big issue (I was worried about “Jukebox Hero” more tbh).

5 hours ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

It might just be a coincidence but the game was updated about a month ago and the last achiever for Books are fun was about a month ago... It feels like the dev screwed up the trophies possibly. You might want to try reverting back to 1.0 patch after the other trophies are done

Yeah, I was afraid that might be my only option… ?

I'm not sure if the trophy is glitched more than normal since when I tried it at first (months before I got the plat) it didn't unlocks tried multiple times, but it seems to be just based on randomness, as I got the trophy first time when I tried it after randomly doing it. So it might be that, or the devs have ruined the trophy which is highly unlikely, since nothing in the update suggest changes to those trophies, it might be if you are doing it via level editor. Since that is connected online it might bug more out, but again I have tested this and on pc it does work through level editor. So best bet is to keep restarting your Playstation or maybe trying some other days. Where the network for duck game might be more stable. Also remember to do it on your main profile since it seems to work only from there, i can't confirm if you have to but i never got the trophies to unlock from a different profile

So the 3 things i recommend doing after a couple of tries for these few glitchy trophies is

1 Close the game and open it again

2 Restart your Playstation 

3 Try again another day or time.

It does work but is just random hopefully that helps.

Edited by MemegodOshi

23 hours ago, MemegodOshi said:

I'm not sure if the trophy is glitched more than normal since when I tried it at first (months before I got the plat) it didn't unlocks tried multiple times, but it seems to be just based on randomness, as I got the trophy first time when I tried it after randomly doing it. So it might be that, or the devs have ruined the trophy which is highly unlikely, since nothing in the update suggest changes to those trophies, it might be if you are doing it via level editor. Since that is connected online it might bug more out, but again I have tested this and on pc it does work through level editor. So best bet is to keep restarting your Playstation or maybe trying some other days. Where the network for duck game might be more stable. Also remember to do it on your main profile since it seems to work only from there, i can't confirm if you have to but i never got the trophies to unlock from a different profile

So the 3 things i recommend doing after a couple of tries for these few glitchy trophies is

1 Close the game and open it again

2 Restart your Playstation 

3 Try again another day or time.

It does work but is just random hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the response. I’ve tried the “Never Mined, I Won” trophy requirements over 50 times now, split roughly half-half between using the level editor and doing it legit in normal play. This has also been split up further with restarts of both the game and the PlayStation. Neither seem to work… However, “Dr. Death” worked first time in a level editor created level…

I know that not many people play this game, but it just seems like too much of a coincidence that no-one has earned those two trophies since the update was launched. I’ll keep trying but I’m not holding out much hope tbh. 

On 25/05/2022 at 4:12 PM, Thropy_Croissant said:

It might just be a coincidence but the game was updated about a month ago and the last achiever for Books are fun was about a month ago... It feels like the dev screwed up the trophies possibly. You might want to try reverting back to 1.0 patch after the other trophies are done

So it looks like reverting to the the 1.00 base game (or even a previous patch with the Charles method) is not possible digitally. It looks like because of the game size (circa 500MB) that they just replaced the package with the 1.03 version, rather than including any incremental updates. Ive tried it a few times now, and the only referenced URL is the 1.03 version ? 

So I just got the two trophies by downgrading the game to 1.0. Got them on my first try. So it's true the devs have made them unobtainable. I will also be going for the Arcade Master before updating the game because that has seem to be also unobtainable with the glitch.

And I got Arcade Master trophy as well. Took me 55 platinums on the open road map. I highly recommend downloading the 1.0 version or the platinum will be unobtainable.

Edited by nurezku

5 hours ago, nurezku said:

So I just got the two trophies by downgrading the game to 1.0. Got them on my first try. So it's true the devs have made them unobtainable. I will also be going for the Arcade Master before updating the game because that has seem to be also unobtainable with the glitch.

I’m glad its possible, but I wonder why it wouldn’t work for me… its worked on other games.

Would you be able to post the appkgo URL? I tried a number of times with no success… 

7 hours ago, TwoThirdsSoul said:

I’m glad its possible, but I wonder why it wouldn’t work for me… its worked on other games.

Would you be able to post the appkgo URL? I tried a number of times with no success… 

I did it with this method. Not sure what you mean by appkgo URL

I can’t run PSX Download Helper unfortunately (no Windows-based PC), so I used the “method 2” approach (which is what I was referring to above). That didn’t work unfortunately, but I did manage to get hold of a copy of the Limited Run Games version, which is at 1.03, so used that and was able to obtain these two trophies fairly quickly.

I’ve had to switch between using the disc-based 1.03 version and the digital 1.04 version to get all the trophies - this game is a mess! It is great fun as a couch co-op game though, and now I don’t have to worry about the trophies, it’ll still be played fairly frequently I imagine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TwoThirdsSoul said:

I can’t run PSX Download Helper unfortunately (no Windows-based PC), so I used the “method 2” approach (which is what I was referring to above). That didn’t work unfortunately, but I did manage to get hold of a copy of the Limited Run Games version, which is at 1.03, so used that and was able to obtain these two trophies fairly quickly.

I’ve had to switch between using the disc-based 1.03 version and the digital 1.04 version to get all the trophies - this game is a mess! It is great fun as a couch co-op game though, and now I don’t have to worry about the trophies, it’ll still be played fairly frequently I imagine.

Hey man could you give me some info on the max level trophy.  Im lvl 13 on version 1.04 and no trophy, is lvl 20 the new lvl needed to get the trophy.  I also have the 1.03 version on ps4 if thats the way you did it.  Just want to make sure im not bugged out of trophy before i continue this grind.  Thanks in advance

On 05/06/2022 at 1:07 PM, xTaterNutsx said:

Hey man could you give me some info on the max level trophy.  Im lvl 13 on version 1.04 and no trophy, is lvl 20 the new lvl needed to get the trophy.  I also have the 1.03 version on ps4 if thats the way you did it.  Just want to make sure im not bugged out of trophy before i continue this grind.  Thanks in advance

I did it on version 1.03 I’m afraid, so I’m not sure what the max level is on version 1.04… I’m guessing now that the eggs hatch properly in v1.04, that the max level is tied to unlocking all little men legit for Jukebox Hero. How many eggs / little men do you have?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TwoThirdsSoul said:

I did it on version 1.03 I’m afraid, so I’m not sure what the max level is on version 1.04… I’m guessing now that the eggs hatch properly in v1.04, that the max level is tied to unlocking all little men legit for Jukebox Hero. How many eggs / little men do you have?

6 little men hatched and lvl 15 at the moment. 

1 hour ago, xTaterNutsx said:

6 little men hatched and lvl 15 at the moment. 

Then it sounds like you’re probably best off continuing the grind on v1.04 rather than starting from scratch on 1.03, especially as I’m assuming you’ve created a custom map to allow you to instantly pick up a weapon and shoot your second player. For me, doing wins like this was substantially faster than using the OG maps on V1.03 and stamping on opponents or jumping off edges…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TwoThirdsSoul said:

Then it sounds like you’re probably best off continuing the grind on v1.04 rather than starting from scratch on 1.03, especially as I’m assuming you’ve created a custom map to allow you to instantly pick up a weapon and shoot your second player. For me, doing wins like this was substantially faster than using the OG maps on V1.03 and stamping on opponents or jumping off edges…

Yea i actually made a map where one duck spawns in spikes so it just auto plays for me.  I just recieved a hat for raising 8 men but theres only 7 at the bottom of the end screen so im fearing it may be bugged.  Also read that max lvl is 100k xp so thats going to be a pain.  Thanks for the info though, not really much out there

18 minutes ago, xTaterNutsx said:

Yea i actually made a map where one duck spawns in spikes so it just auto plays for me.  I just recieved a hat for raising 8 men but theres only 7 at the bottom of the end screen so im fearing it may be bugged.  Also read that max lvl is 100k xp so thats going to be a pain.  Thanks for the info though, not really much out there

Damn, spikes…. I wish I’d thought of that!! ?

I sincerely hope you don’t have to get to 100k xp - if that is the case, you would probably be better off going back to v1.03. I’m sure that was only circa 10k to get to max level, and then the 800 round set of matches back-to-back to glitch the little men.

• Like 1

On 7.6.2022 at 0:32 PM, xTaterNutsx said:

So did you just grind out the trophies in 1.04 or did you depatch the game? Should I continue my grind in 1.04 or is it glitched?