Books are Fun and Never Mined, I won trophies

nurezku

51 minutes ago, nurezku said:

So did you just grind out the trophies in 1.04 or did you depatch the game? Should I continue my grind in 1.04 or is it glitched?

I actually screwed up and let my ps4 sneak patch on me.  I did max level on 1.04.  It will unlock at lvl 20.  Jukebox hero also unlocked fine

Edited by xTaterNutsx

7 minutes ago, xTaterNutsx said:

I actually screwed up and let my ps4 sneak patch on me.  I did max level on 1.04.  It will unlock at lvl 20.  Jukebox hero also unlocked fine

Say I have it on my PS4 v1.00, should I go all trophies on that version, or do some and then the rest on the latest patch?

11 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Say I have it on my PS4 v1.00, should I go all trophies on that version, or do some and then the rest on the latest patch?

Trophies like Arcade Master and any kill specific trophies (kill 3 ducks with x weapon) i would go for pre patch.  The Arcade Master  exploit still works on 1.03 but not on 1.04.  You may want to do max level pre patch too thats up to you.  100k xp is a lot but level editor allows you to set it up to autoplay.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xTaterNutsx said:

Trophies like Arcade Master and any kill specific trophies (kill 3 ducks with x weapon) i would go for pre patch.  The Arcade Master  exploit still works on 1.03 but not on 1.04.  You may want to do max level pre patch too thats up to you.  100k xp is a lot but level editor allows you to set it up to autoplay.  

For the Arcade Master exploit, Do you need to fully back out the arcade after each platinum for them to count on the same mini game? How exactly do you set up the rounds for the max level and little guys trophy. That's like the one thing I can't seem to understand from the guide. I know I have the game prepatched on PS4 and patched on PS5. Sorry for all the questions btw.

13 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

For the Arcade Master exploit, Do you need to fully back out the arcade after each platinum for them to count on the same mini game? How exactly do you set up the rounds for the max level and little guys trophy. That's like the one thing I can't seem to understand from the guide. I know I have the game prepatched on PS4 and patched on PS5. Sorry for all the questions btw.

No i dont mind.  Not a lot of info on this game happy to fill in any gaps.  I think i just backed out of the arcade machine but not the arcade itself.  Like you dont have to go back to the main menu.   I must have tried 100s of times on 1.04 with no luck.  On 1.03 it unlocked after 30 or so tries.  As far as round set ups i just mixed it up a lot because i wasnt sure if wins or rounds were giving more xp.  Plus the game crashes a lot, at least for me.  I used these set ups the most.  5 wins Break at 15.   50 wins break at 100.  If i got tired i would do 100 wins break at 100 just to keep the grind going if i fell asleep.  And for all those setups i would usually restart them rather than cash in for xp. The longer the setup the less i would restart in fear of a crash.  Hope all that makes sense.  Really no wrong way to do it.  Its a slow grind either way.  I didnt understand the trophy guide either btw  i didnt use that method.  If your going for max level on 1.04 youll get jukebox hero long before king me

Edited by xTaterNutsx
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, xTaterNutsx said:

No i dont mind.  Not a lot of info on this game happy to fill in any gaps.  I think i just backed out of the arcade machine but not the arcade itself.  Like you dont have to go back to the main menu.   I must have tried 100s of times on 1.04 with no luck.  On 1.03 it unlocked after 30 or so tries.  As far as round set ups i just mixed it up a lot because i wasnt sure if wins or rounds were giving more xp.  Plus the game crashes a lot, at least for me.  I used these set ups the most.  5 wins Break at 15.   50 wins break at 100.  If i got tired i would do 100 wins break at 100 just to keep the grind going if i fell asleep.  And for all those setups i would usually restart them rather than cash in for xp. The longer the setup the less i would restart in fear of a crash.  Hope all that makes sense.  Really no wrong way to do it.  Its a slow grind either way.  I didnt understand the trophy guide either btw  i didnt use that method.  If your going for max level on 1.04 youll get jukebox hero long before king me

My main concern is just the Jukebox hero, since it's the rarest trophy before the platinum. So you don't need to do the grind all in one go prepatch?, you can close the game and keep at the grind?

5 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

My main concern is just the Jukebox hero, since it's the rarest trophy before the platinum. So you don't need to do the grind all in one go prepatch?, you can close the game and keep at the grind?

You may want to ask user TwoThirdsSoul in this thread.  The only thing i used 1.03 for was Arcade Master.  Im not aware of which patch fixed the jukebox hero trophy.  I can only say in 1.04 its safe to close the game and go at your own pace.  You can finish both king me and jukebox hero in less than a week if your steadily grinding.  I liked doing those on 1.04 because you dont have to actively play.  Just make a level with spikes.  Put one spawn in a safe spot and another on the spikes.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xTaterNutsx said:

You may want to ask user TwoThirdsSoul in this thread.  The only thing i used 1.03 for was Arcade Master.  Im not aware of which patch fixed the jukebox hero trophy.  I can only say in 1.04 its safe to close the game and go at your own pace.  You can finish both king me and jukebox hero in less than a week if your steadily grinding.  I liked doing those on 1.04 because you dont have to actively play.  Just make a level with spikes.  Put one spawn in a safe spot and another on the spikes.  

Sweet, I really appreciate you clearing things out for me. Guess I'll do the max level and jukebox trophies on 1.04. And the the rest on the old version. 1.04 is the latest patch right? I'm not in front of my console to check myself. 

14 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Sweet, I really appreciate you clearing things out for me. Guess I'll do the max level and jukebox trophies on 1.04. And the the rest on the old version. 1.04 is the latest patch right? I'm not in front of my console to check myself. 

Yes thats correct

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

@Suicide_Tortuga

Hi! How did you start the game? Did you play on version 1.00 or 1.04? Could you explain to me your walkthrough to platinum? Thanks in advance.

I started playing the game on my PS4 since I had the version 1.03 installed and NOT updated. Mainly went for Never Mined, I won, Books are Fun and Arcade Master. The two trophies are glitches on the latest patch and the Arcade Master exploit doesn't work either. For Books are Fun you're going to need to have 4 controllers with you. Everything else I did on my PS5 on version 1.04. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

how do you unlock 'books are fun' in 1.00? I've done it 10+ times now and the game crashes every single time as soon as I convert the final duck, just before ending the round and probably unlocking the trophy, no idea what to do.

Edit: tried on both ps4 and ps5 (1.0), deleted save files, reinstalled the game and just tested dozens of different little things, the game just crashes every time shorty before the round ends, can't think of many more options tbh... I really dont understand how anyone got it on 1.00

Edited by LucasDiasC

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 9:20 PM, xTaterNutsx said:

I liked doing those on 1.04 because you dont have to actively play.  Just make a level with spikes.  Put one spawn in a safe spot and another on the spikes.  

Hey, so i got a few questions if you dont mind. Firstly how do you get it so that the other duck spawns over the spikes? For me its always random sometimes i spawn and die sometimes the other duck dies. And secondly is xp measured by rounds won or rounds played? Im on version 1.03 (latest patch for EU) is the game still glitched or can i play normally for jukebox hero?

On 2/22/2023 at 3:56 PM, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Hey, so i got a few questions if you dont mind. Firstly how do you get it so that the other duck spawns over the spikes? For me its always random sometimes i spawn and die sometimes the other duck dies. And secondly is xp measured by rounds won or rounds played? Im on version 1.03 (latest patch for EU) is the game still glitched or can i play normally for jukebox hero?

The spawns are random i think.  It was the same for me. Im not sure theres a way to pick where player1 spawns.  You still get xp just a little less i think if other player wins but its something i just had to deal with. Im not sure how xp is measured either to be honest.  Jukebox hero worked fine on latest update.

4 hours ago, xTaterNutsx said:

The spawns are random i think.  It was the same for me. Im not sure theres a way to pick where player1 spawns.  You still get xp just a little less i think if other player wins but its something i just had to deal with. Im not sure how xp is measured either to be honest.  Jukebox hero worked fine on latest update.

Thanks, yeah it was random and jukebox hero unlocks fine. Boosting online gives you more xp when you win so i had a map with 2 blocks and just rubberbanded so the other player keeps falling off repeatedly.

• 5 months later...

did you find a way to get the books are fun achievement? And if so can you explain bc I am lost on how to get it?

On 8/2/2022 at 3:58 PM, LucasDiasC said:

how do you unlock 'books are fun' in 1.00? I've done it 10+ times now and the game crashes every single time as soon as I convert the final duck, just before ending the round and probably unlocking the trophy, no idea what to do.

Edit: tried on both ps4 and ps5 (1.0), deleted save files, reinstalled the game and just tested dozens of different little things, the game just crashes every time shorty before the round ends, can't think of many more options tbh... I really dont understand how anyone got it on 1.00

Did you get the achievement for books are fun? I need help in getting it since its bugged to hell.

7 hours ago, LittleCaesars101 said:

did you find a way to get the books are fun achievement? And if so can you explain bc I am lost on how to get it?

Did you get the achievement for books are fun? I need help in getting it since its bugged to hell.

I had to downgrade it to v1.03 specifically for that one if I remember correctly

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2023 at 3:20 PM, LittleCaesars101 said:

I used the PSX to revert to v1.00 to get most of the trophies but idk how to make it v1.03. Pretty much the thing I am stuck on. Do you remember how you did that?

You can use the Charles Proxy method to choose specific patches for a game, there's a few forum topics/posts on how to do it, one of them is for FFXV, here

Edited by LucasDiasC