Mayo Takes #1 Spot From Elden Ring LOL

Camokidd87

Mayo’s count will drop below 2k by next week so maybe Elden Ring will take the crown again. Any big releases in the next week? 
I’ve got Sniper Elite 5 on preorder but I don’t think that will surpass 2.5k players, we’ll see. 

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Very sad, but I'm not surprised. Is now a good time to ask for rarity leaderboards again?

I hope they bring rarity leaderboards or change the leaderboards so that harder, difficult games and platinums are more points worth than these shitty 5 minute plats.

2 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

I hope they bring rarity leaderboards or change the leaderboards so that harder, difficult games and platinums are more points worth than these shitty 5 minute plats.

No good way to do this correctly. Elden ring platinum is by no means easy, and takes more than 20+ hours to obtain. But with 40% platinum rate, it will be rated much lower. Judging by the time to complete is also not a good indicator, as the time recorded is usually the time between the first trophy and the last trophy.

If you are proud of your trophies, just put them into the Trophy Cabinet (premium membership required though).

Amusingly though, Elden Ring, a game that has been out for 11 weeks now (and also has 2 stacks) will probably be back on top again by the end of the week, due to everyone achieving the platinum so quickly and then it falling down the list because nobody is playing it longer than a day.

• Like 1

What gets me the most is that if Green Lava didn’t choose to upload two PS4 regional stacks for Mayo III unlike its predecessors Elden Ring would’ve been dethroned days earlier (as proven by the math I did down below). Preventing the possibility for any universal game/trophy statistics to exist for a given game, just one of the reasons why I Sony should not have allowed for regional trophy stacks to exist since they set up the rules and characteristics for how trophy lists act in time for the July 2, 2008 PS3 system software update that first introduced them, whatever that patch number that was (I was too young to experienced this part of the 7th Generation for myself). If it weren’t for this Fortnite on PS4, for example, would be one of the top most-owned games among all users added to this website (and of course, not flagged from the leaderboards) but that’s not the case because whoever at Epic Games uploaded the trophies to Sony’s servers duplicated the same trophy list so that it bares two trophy lists (EU and NA regions, not too long ago both stacks have gained over 400,000 owners as I’m typing), whether this was intentional or not is unknown but one thing’s for sure… Sony doesn’t take their own system seriously enough.

Now, I would say shame on Sony for not taking away regional stacking with the introduction of PS5 trophy lists (which did what, take away the 128 max. trophy limit as was given for legacy trophy lists a.k.a. PS4/PS3/Vita and replace rectangular thumbnails with squares?) but with how things have been going for the past half a decade now… Why should they do anything about it? It’s evident that the games publishers who abuse regional stacking on a weekly basis (ahem, Breakthrough Gaming!) generate additional sales from us trophy hunters who wouldn’t be buying into their  The unfortunate reality is, Sony has no reason to fix things these days until whatever the problem may be costs them money (which can’t be a possibility given how devoted some trophy hunters are to keeping their “oh so precious!” high leaderboard positions, because if you choose quality over quantity you gonna go down the ranks!)

OKAY, RANT IS OVER.

As of Monday May 14, 2022 23:00 BST, Mayo III EU is 1st place with 2,738 recent players and Mayo III NA is in 4th place with 1,934 recent players. 2,738 + 1,934 = 4,672.

If Mayo III was united under one (Worldwide) PS4 trophy list, it would be at #1 spot with 4,672 recent players. Actually I can’t say I know how many of us have stacked both trophy lists up to this point instead of just sticking to one list from your region only but I can only imagine it’d be a few hundred less than what it is, hmm… IDK, maybe I’ll just take 301 away, 300 because turns out this is my 300th post to the PSNP Forums with this account (“THIS. IS. SPARTA!”) plus another 1 because I myself have stacked this game, yeah I’m a bitch for wanting to own every regional stack from the games I own and all the games I buy going forward. 4,371, that about does it…

Edited by TurningRedEye

Keep in mind that site stats are botched beyond belief because most accounts haven't been updated in years. In 2017, Sly deactivated weekly updates for non-registered non-premium accounts. That's why so many profiles show this:

screenshot278jw0.png

Not to mention all the accounts that haven't been updated because of name changes.

But since Sly has stopped working on the site, that's all we have now, I guess...

Edited by R4M Razr

That game is probably cheaper to be fair. 

1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

I honestly wish I could develop some lame crap like My Name Is Mayo just to get an easy payday from the thousands of trophy-obsessed gamers out there. lol

If I ever become a game developer, I will probably make cash grab games myself so people will buy the game for fast trophies because money you know? I will make a game not only for trophy sake too though if I do become a game developer.

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1

Might not be quite as popular if it wasn't for PowerPyx's in depth trophy guide, fortunately he lists all 3 buttons you will need to press (though one button is optional), he just doesn't list where they are, so for help if you're struggling:

6rw025z.png

• Like 4

New Zealand is always the first country to properly get their hands on new games and other products from the PlayStation Store. I believe it’s 22 minutes past Midnight in Auckland as of this post, just a little over a week ago has now passed since Mayo III has been playable from said country so expect the recent player counts (across both regional trophy stacks, dare I mention it all again…) to begin declining at any point over the next few hours.

I don't see a game like My Name Is Mayo being much different than a game like Terminator Salvation back in the day. Rather than having to suffer through a longer, easy game just to give yourself another plat that you would probably never have played otherwise, games like these achieve the same result within a much smaller fraction of time and cost much less. The natural progression of trophy hunting evolution and exploitation of the trophy hunting obsession. Many 'respectable' games trophy lists these don't require that much more effort anyway, just more of your time mainly. 

14 hours ago, dragonending said:

No good way to do this correctly. Elden ring platinum is by no means easy, and takes more than 20+ hours to obtain. But with 40% platinum rate, it will be rated much lower. Judging by the time to complete is also not a good indicator, as the time recorded is usually the time between the first trophy and the last trophy.

If you are proud of your trophies, just put them into the Trophy Cabinet (premium membership required though).

Personally, I don't really think it's that hard to do it. I mean, while it's true that every game has different difficulty/time requirements in order to obtain the Platinum/100%, you can't really say that a platinum in Elden Ring should have more or less merit in comparision to an easier game (but that still takes time and skill) whose platinum rate could sit around 20%. At the end of the day, both platinums required someone to play, while also putting some time and skill to earn the platinum. The problem with the trophy system and leaderboards in general is that, right now, it's not about skill or time investiment, but rather, who's willing to burn more money on "Press X to obtain the platinum" games.

In my opinion, this could be easily be solved by implementing a leadearboard where all trophy lists that have platinums with a rarity equal or above 50% being worth 0 points. For lists with no platinums, the rarest trophy could replace the platinum. I think this is easy to implement, and avoids all the hassle that people have been suggesting over the years with making ez plats being worth less and rare games being worth more.

I honestly found it amusing that Mayo 3 is at the top of the most played list, but due to it's short lenght it won't be there for long, I imagine. I wonder if the newly released PS classics will break the top played list as I'm sure a lot of people would want to jump on them for nostalgia, myself included. They also look fairly easy trophy-wise.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up
  • Like 3