[POLL] New PlayStation Plus Service You'll Choose

TurtlePM

PS+ Service You'll Choose  

565 members have voted

1. 1. What service will you choose when it's available in your country?

• I already have PS+ Premium/Deluxe (Plus+Now)
    • I'll upgrade to PS+ Premium/Deluxe
    • I'll upgrade to PS+ Extra
    • I'll stick with PS+ Essentials
    • I won't subscribe to any PS+ Service

6 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

Out of curiosity, how well does streaming work? And does streaming include the DLC in one package? For example, in Asura's Wrath there's DLC trophies, does it include in the PS now version?

Unless specifically mentioned streaming doesn't include the dlc. Also as for speeds needed unsure now with new one. But previously PSNow always said it required at least 5mb/s second for connection but honestly it was closer to 10-12mb/s I felt for adequate 720p streaming even at least. Quality of streaming has always felt slightly worse though when compared to other streaming services. (Less stabilization in those moments your connection may suddenly spike down)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Unless specifically mentioned streaming doesn't include the dlc. Also as for speeds needed unsure now with new one. But previously PSNow always said it required at least 5mb/s second for connection but honestly it was closer to 10-12mb/s I felt for adequate 720p streaming even at least. Quality of streaming has always felt slightly worse though when compared to other streaming services. (Less stabilization in those moments your connection may suddenly spike down)

I figured as much, streaming games is still ass! I'm sticking to digital and physical. I'll still be getting the premium because it is quite the steal if you take into account what you get in return. 

I had no intention of upgrading from Essential until I saw the prorated price to upgrade. My subscription goes through the end of the year so it was about $22 to upgrade to Extra. I was waiting for GoT DLC to go on sale again but this basically covers it as long as I play another game. There were actually a few games that i was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd like to play so I bit the bullet.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:21 AM, Xugoshi said:

Out of curiosity, how well does streaming work? And does streaming include the DLC in one package? For example, in Asura's Wrath there's DLC trophies, does it include in the PS now version?

No DLC, like how PS Now usually was. 

Streaming varies on your own connection and how demanding the game is. I've never bothered to stream PS4 games, but some pretty simple PS3 games have streamed fine for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, plafix68 said:

I had no intention of upgrading from Essential until I saw the prorated price to upgrade. My subscription goes through the end of the year so it was about $22 to upgrade to Extra. I was waiting for GoT DLC to go on sale again but this basically covers it as long as I play another game. There were actually a few games that i was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd like to play so I bit the bullet.

I'm largely in the same boat, I have less than a year left on my current sub, and there are enough games in the highest tier to make it worth upgrading, at least as a trial.

My question though is what happens now? If I upgrade, am I locked in at that highest tier forever when I renew? Will I have to cancel Plus at the end and resubscribe to move back down? What if I buy a Plus yearly sub code between now and the end of my current subscription - can I redeem it?

Standard, if I'm still paying for PS Plus in the next year.

Don't need additional games to add to my already insufferable backlog. Don't need to stream older PS3/PS4 games either. Also not interested in the game catalog Sony has to offer. I just want the Plus service to play online (boosting online trophies) and to tackle the PS Plus backlog I have.

• Like 1

My backlog consists over over 250 games right now. There is no reason to subscribe to anything. I used Game Pass for a few months, but this is pointless to me as well.

If I'll ever subscribe to PS Plus again, it will be the basic tier. Everything else is just a waste of money in my case.

• Like 1

PS+ Essentials does it for me. Already have a mountain-sized backlog of games when it comes to both my digital and physical libraries, streaming doesn't appeal to me in the slightest due to my substandard slow and spotty Internet connection, and retro games being available to purchase on their own outside of the tiered service are more than enough reason for me to stick with the basic service and not pay more for it. 

• Like 2

I was going to stay on Essential because I have a giant backlog and, although I spend the vast majority of my spare time playing games, my backlog only gets bigger.

But then they said Stray would be on Extra/Premium day 1.

I'm going to upgrade to Extra the day Stray drops. I can't resist that kitty.

(and to be honest, I have enough money that the extra cost wouldn't even be noticeable)

I’ll stick with basic but every now and then upgrade for the month and make use of it. No point paying maximum amount all year round. Done the same with ps now every 6 months bought a month and made good use of it. Hopefully be some really good ps1>3 games without the insanely long loading times ?

• 2 weeks later...

I went straight into premium as I had PS Now, although my subscription runs out some time in October. I'm not sure if I'll keep with premium or drop down to extra.

I have no interest in streaming games, so that particular benefit is of no use to me. Game trials, although a great idea, is another benefit of no use to me. That's 2 of the 3 additional benefits included in premium that I just won't make use of. That only leaves the classic titles, and that is what will make or break it for me. So far I've been working my way through Ape Escape. I also plan on getting around to the other classic titles that have trophy support. And that's really the main issue I have thus far with the classic titles: the lack of trophy support. If classic titles continue to get added regularly, with trophy support, I'd probably stick with premium, but if not there really is no reason for me to revisit these games. As things stand it's looking like I'll drop down to extra, that is unless things continue to improve a lot between now and when my sub ends.