TOMB RAIDER PS4 - Error CE-34878-0 - Fix / Prevention

Are these common issues? I am about to start my playthrough of Tomb Raider because I missed it last generation and I'd hate to lose all my progress over a stupid glitch. 

Not really. And I played it for long hours, I also missed it last gen.

Just back up your saves to cloud to be safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that's weird, the last gen ps3 version didn't had a single problem in story mode how the hell they messed up on the ps4 version?

I'm afraid you're mistaken, friend : in the first weeks following the game's release, there were TONS of bugs and glitches in the single player mode, some of them wouldn't even let you progress through the story. Fortunately, they were fixed later, but it's a shame to see that the PS4 version still suffers from that poor programming.

• Like 1

I'm afraid you're mistaken, friend : in the first weeks following the game's release, there were TONS of bugs and glitches in the single player mode, some of them wouldn't even let you progress through the story. Fortunately, they were fixed later, but it's a shame to see that the PS4 version still suffers from that poor programming.

thanks for the info :) i never knew about that, but i don't really remember a lot's of people complaining about such a thing on ps3 / 360 and windows versions.

these problems is not really the systems faults, it really is the the poor programming. 

• 4 months later...

I can't even launch it, I get that error. I deleted my saves, have nine in the cloud either, I deleted the game, reinstalled it, I get the error on start up. I even reformatted my ps4. I traded the disc. Nothing. It's almost like it is tied to my account that I can't play. Annoying.

• 1 month later...

I didnt face a single problem last gen.

I preordered the game and it played it when it first came out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ooooh my god this crap just happened to me during the helicopter jump from the burning building. Is this the game install /download itself thats defective or my PS4? This is the first time anything like this has ever happened. And Playstation chat support instructed me to delete the save file but I've been reading that i could have possibly "repaired " the then corrupted file in safe mode somehow. Oj my God im so freaking pissed right now!!

* Update*. I deleted and reinstalled the game. The first day I did it, the corrupted data was still there and I couldn't access it. But a day later, I turned on my ps4, and the corrupted File was gone. And in its place was a save file right after the helicopter jump where Roth is trying to revive Lara. I have no clue how this came to be, because all I did was delete the game from my ps4 and then reinstall it. It didn't even work the first time because the corrupted file was still there.so I'm not sure what fixed it, all I know is I can continue in the game now.

• 7 months later...

* Update*. I deleted and reinstalled the game. The first day I did it, the corrupted data was still there and I couldn't access it. But a day later, I turned on my ps4, and the corrupted File was gone. And in its place was a save file right after the helicopter jump where Roth is trying to revive Lara. I have no clue how this came to be, because all I did was delete the game from my ps4 and then reinstall it. It didn't even work the first time because the corrupted file was still there.so I'm not sure what fixed it, all I know is I can continue in the game now.

this same situation just happened to me. 2 days ago my game got the error code in a level change cut scene. I deleted the game and it was still glitched. Today I went into the game and my save file was back and continued playing with no loss of location. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just had the game crash on me after getting a GPS in Shantytown in the post game, loaded the game back up and bam corrupted save file. So fucking pissed that developers are this fucking incompetent in this day and age. Really can't be fucked deleting and reinstalling 15GB worth of game because of something so easily preventable and through no fault of my own. Absolutely fuming. 

• 4 weeks later...