play for recognition or personal taste

mao1019

I am 43 years old, of which I have played since I was 7 years old, practically all the generations of consoles in the 16-bit generation, I gave up playing because there was no way to register 100% of a game, that is why I practically played again until I saw that it was possible to get and register the trophies on the PS3 console basically the trophies are the only way to show that the game was played and finished understanding that cheating to get trophies will take you out of the list of players but in the end report to someone for getting trophies that can no longer be obtained why it is not possible to buy the games it could not be considered cheating I have more than 200 PS3 games and 4 psvitas to get the trophies of games that can no longer be bought, and other things I know that Sony does not legally approve, but even Sony does not see the possibility of sustaining the old platforms, why does it not make money from them and it is increasingly difficult to obtain these trophies, I I think or there are many players who do the same and were blocked for it at the end of the day this ranking does not give any kind of benefit, this is only due to the recognition of a few who see in this ranking the effort involved in playing so many games for the trophies

18 hours ago, mao1019 said:

[..]I have more than 200 PS3 games and 4 psvitas to get the trophies of games that can no longer be bought, and other things I know that Sony does not legally approve, [..]

Even though the complete lack of dots to mark the end of a sentence makes the text extremely illegible, it would still be good to know what the topic creator means here by "methods that are not legally approved by Sony".

I personally think if someone admit to using pirated game it should be flaggable. Not saying everyone needs to prove they bought every game but if they openly admit it than a flag should be considered. If I'm not mistaken you need cfw/hen to play those games anyways.

Edited by Mizz

I think there are few points to the matter

1) Sony approved the games, but having a game that is no longer obtainable is NOT against the rules (this would be more common for delisted DLC) 

2) Piracy is a fine line , if you got these games via “other methods” , what version are they and have they been modded / compromised in anyway to assist in obtaining trophies easier and have you had to Mod your console to install these games…

Many questions and theory’s remain , best bet is to reveal how your getting delisted games and playing them on your console and let the forum decide :)

Edited by amurnin100

There always seems to be a bit of misunderstanding regarding flagged/reported games, "bans," and what that all means.  Nobody on this site is deleting anyone's trophies or banning anyone from playing any game in whatever way they want.  If you're earning trophies for PERSONAL TASTE, you can do pretty much whatever you want and nobody cares.

We're not talking about personal taste here though, we're talking about the leaderboards on this site, which is all about RECOGNITION.  The order/totals/fastest ranks are just that, they're ranked.  That means that if you want to be part of the rankings you have to play by the rules, whether you agree with them or not.

If you want to see unobtainable trophies ding on your profile by having a hacker help you, that's completely your choice.  If you want it to count the same as those who got it legit, then no, that's not how that works.  It's like golf, you can put whatever you want on your card, but don't go bragging about your score unless you played by the rules.

EDIT - Well, I just caught up on the disputes and it looks like this person isn't talking about unobtainable trophies, just delisted games.  Those aren't against the rules, but the point is still valid.  People who want "recognition" and don't like the system here can (and have actually) start their own tracking site with different rules.  I guess it's just all up to personal taste :)

Edited by FeelTheCosmos