Sessions have been terrorized for months by disgruntled parties

My friends and boosting partner are always being bullied for months by people who don't like us, we try to avoid this guy but he always creates fake accounts to find out when we will have a boosting session, he also refuses to reconcile even though he started first. 

is there any solution?  we just want to finish this game but he's still annoying and threatens to always bother us in the future. Thanks ?

You only have 2 options:

1: Set your sessions to verification mode so all joinees have to be manually approved by the session creator.

2: Report any troublemakers to the mods so they can deal with them.

Above all else, don't engage in conversation with them, just kick them out of the session and report their ass to the mods. If he's creating multiple accounts, tell the mods that so they can see if it's possible to ban his IP address (though VPN's make that option kinda pointless).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Without revealing too much, what the OP mentioned is what's been happening to me in the last few months as well. A group of friends and I have been dealing with a similar person seemingly getting around any attempts to block communication and seems to know when we're boosting on this particular game. It's quite troubling that this is happening and the person doing it doesn't care that other people are getting mad and frustrated with him.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, you cannot stop someone from playing with you in public games, but you can block any attempts at communication, such as not allowing non-friends to send you messages or requests, as well as not letting strangers see your online status.

If that person isn't breaking any community rules for the online game in question, then reporting won't do any good.

7 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Sounds like the guy is following them into games. That's pretty sad. Imagine being that immature....

Just block him an all communications. Children often need attention. Make sure all your boosters do the same, so he can't see when you are in game (Set online status to offline as well). Mix up your schedule, if he joins in just leave and reschedule. Keep blocking his profiles. It's a PITA, but better than engaging with a clown. 

Good advice here, listen to this man. Unfortunately other than this, all you can do is wait patiently for the CIA to capture him and disappear him to a black site in Romania or somewhere with all the other terrorists. It sounds like he’s leaving a large digital footprint so you can expect this to happen very soon.

• Like 1

This guy is a huge loser but he probably keeps doing this because you, or your friends, give him attention. Shut down any chance of him contacting you/your friends, set all your profiles he knows with messages/requests from friends only. And instantly block if you see him, without interacting, he will get tired and move on to some other unlucky person. Anyway, I'm sorry he's harassing you but be happy by the fact that if he's acting this way that means he's very frustrated in real life, so you've already won but he doesn't know it.

I would like to add one thing about the boosting sessions on PSNProfiles. I've been using this site since 2014 and I've never had any problems, in fact most of the interactions I had through boosting sessions have been positive but, maybe I've been unlucky, I've noticed a drop in quality of the people in the last month. Lately I'm only meeting people who either prove to be time wasters or/and behave rudely, people who come into your sessions and don't add you on PSN and, if you add them, when you then ask them to boost the trophies of the session they joined in either they refuse or they don't know what to do and treat you badly for no reason at all. Again, it could be a coincidence, but what happened to me in the last month had never happened in the previous 8 years. 

Edited by Marco-Snake-
  • Like 3

that's why we want this guy to unfollow us but he always ignores everything and always makes statements that will always disturb in the future.

We have also reported to Sony PlayStation but so far there has been no response or sanctions have been applied to the suspect, we have not even started progress because he is always waiting and we don't know when he will appear plus the game we are playing there is no option to kick someone, even new members who want to boost this game can't play because of that person's actions

43 minutes ago, Fira1128 said:

he is always waiting and we don't know when he will appear plus the game we are playing there is no option to kick someone

What game are you mentioning here ? Is it Red Dead Redemption ? 

The only solution I can think is using private lobbies or gather enough player to fill in all the empty spot, so no random can join in.

I didn't play this game before so not sure is it working, just suggested based on my previous boosting experience. 

3 hours ago, James Tiger said:

What game are you mentioning here ? Is it Red Dead Redemption ? 

The only solution I can think is using private lobbies or gather enough player to fill in all the empty spot, so no random can join in.

I didn't play this game before so not sure is it working, just suggested based on my previous boosting experience. 

It's not rdr, it's other game I'm fine with rdr because it has option to kicked someone. Also we have a proof that this guys making a demand but we won't reveal it due to no naming and shaming rules

Edited by Fira1128
Typo

1 hour ago, Fira1128 said:

It's not rdr, it's other game I'm fine with rdr because it has option to kicked someone. Also we have a proof that this guys making a demand but we won't releave it due to no naming and shaming rules

You can PM a moderator to take action on this though rather than “naming and shaming”

10 minutes ago, Fira1128 said:

that's why we made a topic about this because some of us were afraid to report because our reports were not taken seriously and finally some members asked me to report this.

Have you actually reported any of this to one of us mods? I haven’t seen anything come through yet. 

• Like 1

Theoretically there is no break of rules for simply joining a public lobby, so reporting to sony is pointless.

If someone wants to bother me through messages, i trick them in telling me offensive stuff that I can report from my console afterwards, or if there is a sabouter in a boosting lobby, I keep killing them while I let the others in my group make some progress, or I can call some of them to give me further assistance if needed, better be slower but make progress rather than do nothing. With a good enough organization nobody can stop you unless you decide to bother some pros but those are tied to one game so they wouldn't follow you in others. I try to avoid boosting if possible, therefore I almost always have a group only for dead games. Boosting in alive games can have lots of issues, from the in-game report button to being indeed targeted. That was quite a problem in Battlefield Bad Company, it took several tries for my group to achieve some annoying medals, but eventually with a good organization and persistance everybody cleared the MP.

I don't let people with barely any trophy to join my sessions as I don't see them being really interest (at least not for anything long), you could put this rule when looking for people so you won't find this kiddo anymore potentially disguised as a new account.

If you use the gaming session's time as the meeting time, you should make it a placeholder instead, and organize the actual session privately through psn/discord with your group (I don't recommend to use psn though, just mentioning "boost" may get yourself banned there) by just asking everybody's schedule and noting them so you can find a day to play together.

Unless it's a full group targeting you, you can stop that kid with the help of your group. Making progress of any type is already a win againt him.

I have completed a lot of boosting sessions through a decent organization, and any sabouter (which were mostly just randoms finding my lobby) had been easily stopped.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Theoretically there is no break of rules for simply joining a public lobby, so reporting to sony is pointless.

If someone wants to bother me through messages, i trick them in telling me offensive stuff that I can report from my console afterwards, or if there is a sabouter in a boosting lobby, I keep killing them while I let the others in my group make some progress, or I can call some of them to give me further assistance if needed, better be slower but make progress rather than do nothing. With a good enough organization nobody can stop you unless you decide to bother some pros but those are tied to one game so they wouldn't follow you in others. I try to avoid boosting if possible, therefore I almost always have a group only for dead games. Boosting in alive games can have lots of issues, from the in-game report button to being indeed targeted. That was quite a problem in Battlefield Bad Company, it took several tries for my group to achieve some annoying medals, but eventually with a good organization and persistance everybody cleared the MP.

I don't let people with barely any trophy to join my sessions as I don't see them being really interest (at least not for anything long), you could put this rule when looking for people so you won't find this kiddo anymore potentially disguised as a new account.

If you use the gaming session's time as the meeting time, you should make it a placeholder instead, and organize the actual session privately through psn/discord with your group (I don't recommend to use psn though, just mentioning "boost" may get yourself banned there) by just asking everybody's schedule and noting them so you can find a day to play together.

Unless it's a full group targeting you, you can stop that kid with the help of your group. Making progress of any type is already a win againt him.

I have completed a lot of boosting sessions through a decent organization, and any sabouter (which were mostly just randoms finding my lobby) had been easily stopped.

This is entirely different since the person is consistently been able to join sessions for disruption and seems to know what time they are occurring.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaivRules said:

If it's their activities in-game, you should be reporting them to the developer if there is an in-game report option.

I just want to add the precaution here for this piece of advice. Some developers do not look kindly on boosting and therefore if someone's sabotaging your boosting it may be unwise to report it and this could always result in yourself getting penalised.

I remember once this happened in a public lobby, I didn't know these guys were boosting and killed them like I would any other player just minding my own business playing that game and I got a bunch of messages and threats to report me for harassment (I wasn't actively hunting boosters, just playing as intended, blissfully unaware!) and then I had messages a few days later complaining about me allegedly reporting them for boosting (I didn't!). Now yes, maybe someone else happened to report them (possible) but also possible that their attempt to report me backfired as the moderators probably looked into the games and found clear boosting. 

Remember, whilst boosting is widely accepted among trophy hunters it is usually discouraged outside of this niche community.

Additionally it's technically against PSN ToS (in public games). Though I haven't heard any credible evidence in all these years that anyone has ever been punished by Sony for boosting on its own. It's usually a decision made by the devs of the individual games themselves, so swat up on the developers stance before eagerly showcasing your activities to them.

• Like 1

I also know that kind of guy the OP is talking about. He's toxic. This guy creates alt accounts to join sessions. Sadly if you block him it can't be avoided that he joins a public in game lobby. 

We are having issues with that guy for some weeks now aswell. Last thing I've heard from him was "I'm gonna follow you till death." I'm not gonna call out a name here aswell. But I'd like to so every member here can avoid to join a session of that guy. 

And yes, it's been already reported to the Moderator here on psnp. But they said they can't do nothing.

Edited by Gnillisch
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I just want to add the precaution here for this piece of advice. Some developers do not look kindly on boosting and therefore if someone's sabotaging your boosting it may be unwise to report it and this could always result in yourself getting penalised.

I remember once this happened in a public lobby, I didn't know these guys were boosting and killed them like I would any other player just minding my own business playing that game and I got a bunch of messages and threats to report me for harassment (I wasn't actively hunting boosters, just playing as intended, blissfully unaware!) and then I had messages a few days later complaining about me allegedly reporting them for boosting (I didn't!). Now yes, maybe someone else happened to report them (possible) but also possible that their attempt to report me backfired as the moderators probably looked into the games and found clear boosting. 

Remember, whilst boosting is widely accepted among trophy hunters it is usually discouraged outside of this niche community.

Additionally it's technically against PSN ToS (in public games). Though I haven't heard any credible evidence in all these years that anyone has ever been punished by Sony for boosting on its own. It's usually a decision made by the devs of the individual games themselves, so swat up on the developers stance before eagerly showcasing your activities to them.

I’m pretty sure continued harassment is also against the developers terms. False reports of harassment, like you described, probably resulted in the reporter being penalized for abusing the reporting system. Continued harassment, like is being accused/described by others in the thread, is absolutely the stuff that should be reported.

While boosting might be frowned upon by the developers, it should be less harshly dealt with than actual harassment. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

This is entirely different since the person is consistently been able to join sessions for disruption and seems to know what time they are occurring.

Taking the precautions I mentioned both for the gaming session and the lobby should be enough. The only way the kid knows the time must be from the fact the gaming session is not a placeholder, therefore a private organization should work to counter that, as well as teamwork in case the kid finds the lobby by accident.

• Like 1

Is there no IP/MAC ban for such things?

I had the same thing where a guy who was pissed because i refused to "help" him, like i was owing him anything, he would come to all my sessions, trashtalking me.
Its sad and funny at the same time, that these days people re egoists and think they re better and deserve everything.

• Like 1

Sounds like some people have nothing better to do with their time. I've lost interest in boosting online trophies as it's such a pain organising people in different timezones most people don't respond or don't know what they're doing or lose interest after a while before everybody gets their trophy.