Trophy "The Sentinel"

Henrique_D_M

It's not bugged, you haven't waited long enough. The required time is 8-9hrs so you still have another 1 or 2 hours to go. Also, make sure you're either outside or in a building, because being inside your ship doesn't count. Here's a snippet from my Guide on .org:

Note: 1 Sol = 1 in-game day and each 0.1 Sol = approx 1min 50secs. Also note that these trophies sometimes won't pop until you have survived 0.1 Sol more than the requirement states i.e. 20.1 and 32.1 respectively.

The respective "Longest Lifespan" trophies, will pop once you reach the following milestones:

Milestone Rank 7 - Survived for 20 Sols on an Extreme planet (Stranger in a Strange Land)
Milestone Rank 10 - Survived for 32 Sols on an Extreme planet (The Sentinel)

What does count towards your Survival stats:

- Staying in a cave or similar underground space.
- Staying in a building that is above ground (including Trading Stations - Credit to Naps for this tip).
- Planets with Aggressive Sentinels.

What doesn't count towards your Survival stats:

- Sitting in your Exocraft or Spaceship.
- Swimming on or underwater
- Driving or flying around your chosen Extreme or Aggressive Sentinel planet.
- Parking your Freighter in orbit around your chosen Extreme planet and staying on that for the duration.
- Pausing the game or leaving a menu open.
- Being on-board a derelict Freighter (either in space or on a planet).

You can leave the planet or quit the game at anytime and come back later without affecting your Survival stats but dying will reset the counter to 0 and you will have to restart from scratch. Dying won't reset the stat for the longest period survived but it will reset its sister stat for the current period survived, thus you will have to meet and then exceed your previous record if you want that stat to increase again.

The v3.00 Origins Update added natural disasters to the game e.g. Meteor Showers, Volcanic Eruptions, Tornados, Lightning Storms etc. etc. but all of them have the potential to kill you outright if you're unlucky enough to be caught in one. Due to the hazardous and dangerous nature of Extreme worlds, the safest way to do this trophy is to find a Trading Post or Minor Settlement on a world with Aggressive Sentinels and build a small base there so bring the following materials:

x40 Chromatic Metal (to build a Base Computer)
x4 Metal Plating, x2 Carbon Nanotubes and x40 Sodium (to build a Base Teleport Module)
x2 Metal Plating, x50 Chromatic Metal and x50 Gold (to build a Solar Panel (acquired from the Construction Research Unit for 8 Buried Technology Modules) to power the Base Teleport Module)
x60 Magnetised Ferrite and x100 Condensed Carbon (to build a Battery (acquired from the Construction Research Unit for 8 Buried Technology Modules) to store power so the Base Teleport Module will be available 24/7)

Once you have all of the above materials, it's time to locate an Aggressive Sentinel World. These types of world can be found in any Star System so keep Warping to new systems and visiting planets until you find one. You will know if you have found one, because the phrase "Aggressive Sentinels" will appear at the bottom of the Planetary info card:

S9inZ7T.png

After finding a location that's to your liking, build the above items and put your character somewhere safe then leave the game on in the background whilst you go off and do something else but come back every 20mins to save your game. It will take approx 9hrs to get this trophy, because each Sol lasts for roughly 15-20mins. I recommend changing the "Multiplayer" and "Cross-platform" options in the Network menu, to "Disabled" so you don't get disturbed by any random players who happen to show up.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's not bugged, you haven't waited long enough. The required time is 8-9hrs so you still have another 1 or 2 hours to go. Also, make sure you're either outside or in a building, because being inside your ship doesn't count. Here's a snippet from my Guide on .org:

thanks for the help, I will try wait more, but other thing its bugging me out is the milestone is locked in 28.7 sols for ages

21 minutes ago, Henrique_D_M said:

thanks for the help, I will try wait more, but other thing its bugging me out is the milestone is locked in 28.7 sols for ages

Have you died at any point? If so, that's your problem - because your stats for this trophy/milestone will have been reset after dying so the stat tracker won't start counting again until you exceed the stated time, which in your case is 28.7 sols.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

46 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Have you died at any point? If so, that's your problem - because your stats for this trophy/milestone will have been reset after dying so the stat tracker won't start counting again until you exceed the stated time, which in your case is 28.7 sols.

probably hahaha, thanks for all the help, it should pop after this tips

• 4 months later...

Stupid question perhaps, but have they changed the counting towards this trophy recently?

I am currently trying to get this trophy and the counter doesn't seem to go up while in a cave or building. Only if I step out of the cave and building with the extreme conditions applied (for me high day temperatures and very low night temperatures) the counter seems to keep counting.

Would be a damn long time checking that my shields are up ?

Edited by SwissLeviathan90

38 minutes ago, SwissLeviathan90 said:

Stupid question perhaps, but have they changed the counting towards this trophy recently?

I am currently trying to get this trophy and the counter doesn't seem to go up while in a cave or building. Only if I step out of the cave and building with the extreme conditions applied (for me high day temperatures and very low night temperatures) the counter seems to keep counting.

Would be a damn long time checking that my shields are up 1f62c.png

The 4.02 patch has completely reworked how these 2 trophies are obtained, along with nuking all the old exploits in the process so unless you use the new difficulty settings to disable the Survival Elements, you have to do them legit, which now takes 12+ real time hours to do. I'm very nearly done with updating my Guide on .org but am still missing some info for these trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 1 month later...

If you use the Terrain Manipulator to make a burrow for yourself it should stop your life support draining to the extreme conditions while not putting you 'inside' for the purpose of the Milestone so you can just sit in a hole in the ground and wait for the timer to tick over.

1 hour ago, TheKirbs said:

If you use the Terrain Manipulator to make a burrow for yourself it should stop your life support draining to the extreme conditions while not putting you 'inside' for the purpose of the Milestone so you can just sit in a hole in the ground and wait for the timer to tick over.

That trick doesn't work any more, because the 4.02 patch fixed it :(. EDIT: I've just tried this again on an old save and it seems to be a buggy and unreliable way to get the trophies done, because it's erratic as when the tracking kicks in and when it doesn't so stick to staying on the surface.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That trick doesn't work any more, because the 4.02 patch fixed it :(. EDIT: I've just tried this again on an old save and it seems to be a buggy and unreliable way to get the trophies done, because it's erratic as when the tracking kicks in and when it doesn't so stick to staying on the surface.

Strange, it worked for me yesterday and today.

Also I didn't really go underground I dug into a hill.