trophy thoughts

offdutysuperhero

8 minutes ago, DColpa said:

I wish it had a PS1 tag instead of PS5.

I actually feel the same way, only because it is a PS1 original. It would be pretty cool if they tagged the other games with their original consoles as well, but I guess I'm going overboard. :P

Honestly, I just feel so grateful to be in this generation. I loved this game and Ape Escape (between others) as a kid, and now having them on more recent consoles and with trophies associated is a blessing to me. And it doesn't even faze me if those trophy lists are easy or not, because I'm unaware of how much stat count those games had to be able to recognize in an emulated game certain challenges. All for the fun, not for the grind (if possible). :D

• Like 2

I'm just glad Sony is acknowledging Playstation's legacy and bringing older games to both old and new gamers with some extra effort. After some weaker months, if not years, this is great direction from SIE management.
Hopefully I'll be able to play some of my favorite PS1 and PS2 titles on modern hw now and in the future. If they'll release Dragon Quest VIII, I'll be buying it no matter the price. You want 100 dollars for it? Here's two hundred :D

And to be actually on topic, it's simple and easy set, but I'm glad they're not making me jump through the hoops and I'll be able to enjoy the game. Also, the ability to rewind will be massive help with those situational trophies like dropping chandelier on enemy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

im quite curious if the cheat codes will block any trophies, and i hope the popping isnt glitched in any form or way.

Cheat codes don’t void any trophy, you still cannot chapter select to get to the last mission and “complete all missions”

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

Cheat codes don’t void any trophy, you still cannot chapter select to get to the last mission and “complete all missions”

In addition to this, you can't use the rewind system to repeat the same action, you need to do it the amount of times it asks for. For example, 20 headshots must be 20 separate enemies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

It was always an easy game though, I completed it multiple times as a kid, so an easy trophy list was a given. I wish there was a trophy for setting ten goons on fire with the taser or whatever though. 

I like your style lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eXaphor said:

Anyone here bought the game before the new service launches? Were you able to claim it for "free"? I just checked the game's page and there's no "Download" option. Only the price/sub options lol

You can buy the games or psplus subscription with an asian account except Japan

Edited by ryuzakix5

4 hours ago, eXaphor said:

Anyone here bought the game before the new service launches? Were you able to claim it for "free"? I just checked the game's page and there's no "Download" option. Only the price/sub options lol

That's what I heard too, but you had to buy on the same account. I'm waiting to be released in the Americas cause I bought Tekken 2 via PS3.

Trophy list is pretty bland but I am so happy I can play this on my PS4 now and don't have to play this on my PS3 or PSTV. 

I see some people have started earning trophies already, I own 1, 2, and 3 via PS3 but do not see the PS4 version of 1 in my library. I didn't see it in the PS store either. Where is it hidden?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Trophy list is pretty bland but I am so happy I can play this on my PS4 now and don't have to play this on my PS3 or PSTV. 

I see some people have started earning trophies already, I own 1, 2, and 3 via PS3 but do not see the PS4 version of 1 in my library. I didn't see it in the PS store either. Where is it hidden?

they're only available on Asia now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2022 at 1:54 PM, ryuzakix5 said:

You can buy the games or psplus subscription with an asian account except Japan

On 24/05/2022 at 2:02 PM, CobraMJD said:

That's what I heard too, but you had to buy on the same account. I'm waiting to be released in the Americas cause I bought Tekken 2 via PS3.

Oh I'm using Asia account. I have bought the game before but like I said, it can't be "downloaded" and need to be purchase again (or sub to the deluxe/premier). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, ryuzakix5 said:

Yes, for science I skipped to final level after running the game straight from beginning to burning warehouse, only get boss trophy. Then after the credits, re-load, chapter select, did those two missions I skipped, and then it all missions unlocked before final level loaded. In-case anyone wants to diddly around with chapter select, works just fine.

Edited by technole
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...