Trophy Discussion

Alayaes

Fairly simple list. As with many RPGs overleveling a bit trivializes encounters, even against bonus bosses.

I second the desire for a cheat mode. Specifically the x3 speed boosts. They old RPGs, the thousand years between attacks gets really old really quickly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

So, Wild Arms 2 will probably be added at some point, but any game after 3 was localized by third party companies, so I imagine there will be issues there. Wild Arms 3 was the last Wild Arms game localized by Sony themselves, as other companies did 4, 5 and the PSP entry. The only odd one out of those last three is XF (PSP one), as that was actually released on PSN.

It will release whenever the new service debuts in the various regions.

So basically there’s no exact known date. Thanks 

38 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

So basically there’s no exact known date. Thanks 

There is an exact known date.  Like he said it depends on YOUR region

- Asia markets (excluding Japan) – targeting May 23, 2022

- Japan – targeting June 1, 2022

- Americas – targeting June 13, 2022

- Europe – targeting June 22, 2022

• Like 4

On 5/25/2022 at 5:04 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Thank you ? 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 5:27 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

I remember only Ragu O' being obnoxious, it's been 20 years or so and my memory is not helping, what are the other tough boys?

Honestly, I though Angolmois was even harder that Ragu in WA2. You could consistently block a few of Ragu’s attacks, because they were fire, but things like The 7th Moon were just nasty.

But it’s also been 20 years for me, so maybe there are better strats in place. What really made them bad was that you only got 7 sacrificial Dolls, and if you were killed, it canceled out your attack (unlike WA).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

I played all wild arms games back than, so I really wanted to like this one, but I cant. It just aged too badly.

Its really rough trying to play this old ps1 game without any kind of quality of life enhancements.

At least it needs a speed up mode like the recent chrono cross remaster. The game is infuriatingly slow. I cant stand it. 

I think I have to be pretty careful which of the future ps1 ports I buy, if they are all this barebone ports.

As much is wish for being able to replay xenogears on a modern console, if it plays like this, I pass.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:43 AM, Alayaes said:

I truly wish that I could play these classics with trophy support on my Vita, via the PS+ Premium subscription or via the PSN classic purchase I made years ago in 2007.

Unless I can? That would be great.

You can. Remote play your PS4 on your Vita. Not sure if Vita can also remote play PS5's though.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 0:20 PM, Milktastrophe said:

You can. Remote play your PS4 on your Vita. Not sure if Vita can also remote play PS5's though.

I don't count remote play. By that rationale, I can play it on the iPad as well. I'm looking to play this on the go/mobile, like on an airplane. If I'm at home anyway I'll just use the actual console.

I was hoping for actual downloads on the Vita, considering that's where I have a lot of my classics.

9 hours ago, Alayaes said:

I don't count remote play. By that rationale, I can play it on the iPad as well. I'm looking to play this on the go/mobile, like on an airplane.

I'm not understanding why remote play is an issue, then. The app does allow for playing on an iPad, admittedly requiring a little finagling. You'd be able to play on the go/mobile pretty simply. Unless this is just a general desire for Vita access, which has a long odds chance of happening now that the system is abandoned.

14 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I'm not understanding why remote play is an issue, then. The app does allow for playing on an iPad, admittedly requiring a little finagling. You'd be able to play on the go/mobile pretty simply. Unless this is just a general desire for Vita access, which has a long odds chance of happening now that the system is abandoned.

How do I play this remotely on an iPad without constant speedy wifi access while my system stays on at home as well? I use my Vita on airports, airplanes, public transportation, in hotels, etc.

Edited by Alayaes

On 5/25/2022 at 5:04 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

i missed this post thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alayaes said:

How do I play this remotely on an iPad without constant speedy wifi access while my system stays on at home as well? I use my Vita on airports, airplanes, public transportation, in hotels, etc.

I'd argue that Wild Arms probably wouldn't require much in the way of wifi power besides the server check. Particularly now that, supposedly, the Now app will be shuttered. I'd further argue that the only thing the Vita would have advantage with here is one less door to go through. And maybe not even that since the Vita's online functions are much less reliable since it was abandoned.

But I take your point. A PSTV isn't very large and I've seen guides to juryrig it to all kinds of screens. Would just need a proper controller, might work for you fine.

8 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I'd argue that Wild Arms probably wouldn't require much in the way of wifi power besides the server check. Particularly now that, supposedly, the Now app will be shuttered. I'd further argue that the only thing the Vita would have advantage with here is one less door to go through. And maybe not even that since the Vita's online functions are much less reliable since it was abandoned.

But I take your point. A PSTV isn't very large and I've seen guides to juryrig it to all kinds of screens. Would just need a proper controller, might work for you fine.

I'm pretty much dead in the water when it comes to mobility. Where I use my Vita, I have no wifi nor do I have access to power/storage. I'd need to be able to download a game to either my iPad/iPhone or Vita for offline use on airplanes and airports. I really wish Sony would utilize existing hardware for classic games like this as the Vita would function perfectly for it, but alas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 8:39 PM, Void said:

@Jelly Soup No cheats otherwise, just a rewind feature and a save anywhere option.

Ugh. Add like five hours to completion time just for attack animations.

Do we know if it stacks between version? PS4 to PS5? I'd imagine not.

Edited by Jelly Soup

On 5/24/2022 at 0:35 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Fairly simple list. As with many RPGs overleveling a bit trivializes encounters, even against bonus bosses.

I second the desire for a cheat mode. Specifically the x3 speed boosts. They old RPGs, the thousand years between attacks gets really old really quickly.

it only shows PS4 on the listing (when I go under trophies on PS4) so it might stack.

My time was i think 30hrs to plat. However I was writing the guide at the same time plus I was a bit rusty on some of the puzzles. I have a PS1 save (on my PS3) with a save time of 21hrs with everything except Boomerang Flash done. so If you know what to do I would say 20-25hrs to plat.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Void said:

it only shows PS4 on the listing (when I go under trophies on PS4) so it might stack.

My time was i think 30hrs to plat. However I was writing the guide at the same time plus I was a bit rusty on some of the puzzles. I have a PS1 save (on my PS3) with a save time of 21hrs with everything except Boomerang Flash done. so If you know what to do I would say 20-25hrs to plat.

It can be less than that by 3, maybe 5, hours if you know where to power level and when. But it's also RNG heavy and the game isn't really that hard. Overleveling is more for bonus bosses. Has a lot of things that can be exploited.

Actually, just looking up speedruns, the record is 7:32:59 for glitchless, 1:40:37 with glitches. How either of those will pan out in terms of achievements I can only guess.

Edited by Jelly Soup

12 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

It can be less than that by 3, maybe 5, hours if you know where to power level and when. But it's also RNG heavy and the game isn't really that hard. Overleveling is more for bonus bosses. Has a lot of things that can be exploited.

Actually, just looking up speedruns, the record is 7:32:59 for glitchless, 1:40:37 with glitches. How either of those will pan out in terms of achievements I can only guess.

very true, never seen any of the speed runs.

12 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I'm currently playing through the game blind, last time I played it was during my PSone days so I'm having a nostalgia blast, are any of the arts missable? I remember only Jack's fastdraw being more finicky.

I do not recall any of them being miss-able. You only need 2 for the trophies, hell I did not even know about the one that is connected to Shadow Bind.

Hi guys.

It's nice to ser ps1 games getting some love. I wish Toy Story 2 had trophies.

I've never played Wild Arma. I just remember helping a friend beat some of the puzzles coz he didn't speak English. Besides getting the Platinum, I also want to go for a potentially "perfect game" (no missed itens/quests/stats). I usually do that for RPGs or any game O love and I get the feeling that this game is deserving of that. Can someobe point me to a good FAQ/Walkthrough that won't disappoint a completionist?

Also... Besides Wild Arma and Syphon Filter (S2), which other ps1/PSP games are deserving of a Platinum? Os Ape Escape 1 really good or should I Go for AE2 on PS2? What about the golfing game and Intelligent cube?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: here' me hoping that Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Digimon and others ALL get the trophy treatment

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

I've never played Wild Arma. I just remember helping a friend beat some of the puzzles coz he didn't speak English. Besides getting the Platinum, I also want to go for a potentially "perfect game" (no missed itens/quests/stats). I usually do that for RPGs or any game O love and I get the feeling that this game is deserving of that. Can someobe point me to a good FAQ/Walkthrough that won't disappoint a completionist?

Wild Arms is an excellent game one of my first Psone games, there's a 100% guide on gamefaq with everything you can get, IIRC Jack has some missable arts and others are a bit obscure.