PlayStation Plus Premium - PS1 games trophy lists

The_Kopite

6 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

S32922f.pngS595745.pngS193a24.pngS43654a.pngS2dca8f.png

Seeing these games appear on PSNProfiles new trophy lists section is mental in itself, and they all have platinums! It's pretty surreal.

Gotta say, the only one I ever played back in the day was Syphon Filter, so I've probably missed out on some classics!

Will be interesting to see if Sony do get more subs out of this and whether they carry it on, or ditch it like many other ideas over the years. Certainly will be interested to see the first ever trophy guide written for a PS1 game and how rare these platinums end up being. Wild Arms for example looks like it has a lot of trophies comapred to some of the others!

Ape Escape was certainly very good - the sequel made it more of a "proper" game, but the original is still a good ol' simple-and-fun  classic - and Hot Shots Golf (Everybody's Golf) was fun, though certainly overshadowed by later games in the series. Still a good little golf game though.

An interesting thing I noticed - not sure if this is coincidence or not, but interesting - all five games so far have (what I think is) the absolute maximum allotment of trophy points... 1350 points for all five games. I wonder if that's going to be the standard for these going forward?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ape Escape was certainly very good - the sequel made it more of a "proper" game, but the original is still a good ol' simple-and-fun  classic - and Hot Shots Golf (Everybody's Golf) was fun, though certainly overshadowed by later games in the series. Still a good little golf game though.

An interesting thing I noticed - not sure if this is coincidence or not, but interesting - all five games so far have (what I think is) the absolute maximum allotment of trophy points... 1350 points for all five games. I wonder if that's going to be the standard for these going forward?

I'm intrigued. I know of Ape Escape but your description means now I need to actually watch a vid of the first and second games and see how the second game is more of a "proper" game as you say lol Hot Shots Golf, well I certainly have enjoyed those (Everybody's Golf) over the years. Bloody hard platinums though.

That is an interesting point you've brought up there. Could that end up being a standard requirement for these lists from Sony along with all requiring a platinum as well? Would certainly be music to trophy hunters ears!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

These titles were a bit before my time but I’m stoked to see some of these classic titles getting trophies. I hope more games from the Premium tier will get the same treatment. It certainly makes purchasing Premium a lot more likely for me.

Well that makes me feel a bit old haha

Absolutely agree and certainly if the right games for me come onto the Premium tier with platinums, then I'd seriously consider upgrading. Sony should be doing all they can to get as many games from as many different developers on there with trophies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

And we can't just like buy these games but themselves?  We have to be the service?

No one knows yet, but given that these older games with trophies are pretty much the only thing Sony has to draw people to the higher tier of thier new service, I suspect they won’t want to undercut that by offering them as piecemeal purchases.

I live in hope though!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ampki said:

Wild arms amazing rpg love seeing the old games coming back with trophy’s 

I've heard really great things about the Wild Arms series as a whole, but one of those that has just passed me by. Could always start with the first one!

6 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

And we can't just like buy these games but themselves?  We have to be the service?

I believe you can buy them on their own. The value would be logically greater with the Premium tier but yeah. 

This video was an interesting watch, the creator is really good with PS news.

3 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I'm happy to see Intelligent Qube (or Kurushi as I knew it) on the list.

Good game I presume? Puzzle game?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No one knows yet, but given that these older games with trophies are pretty much the only thing Sony has to draw people to the higher tier of thier new service, I suspect they won’t want to undercut that by offering them as piecemeal purchases.

I live in hope though!

Check out the video I linked above. Could answer that question! He does buy the game he tests, though from a PSN store not from the country he resides in.

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Kopite said:

Well that makes me feel a bit old haha

Absolutely agree and certainly if the right games for me come onto the Premium tier with platinums, then I'd seriously consider upgrading. Sony should be doing all they can to get as many games from as many different developers on there with trophies.

Haha don’t worry I’m not that young. ? I just didn’t do a ton of gaming as a child or in my teens so I missed out on a couple console generations completely. It was a hobby I picked up about 5 years ago.

And I agree! I honestly have very little interest in the PS+ Premium and don’t see myself playing most of the old legacy titles, especially since so many of them don’t have trophies. But the more trophies they add, the more enticing that Premium package becomes for me, so I hope they keep it up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

Haha don’t worry I’m not that young. 1f61b.png I just didn’t do a ton of gaming as a child or in my teens so I missed out on a couple console generations completely. It was a hobby I picked up about 5 years ago.

And I agree! I honestly have very little interest in the PS+ Premium and don’t see myself playing most of the old legacy titles, especially since so many of them don’t have trophies. But the more trophies they add, the more enticing that Premium package becomes for me, so I hope they keep it up.

That makes me feel a bit better then lol 

Yeah I'm the same. I don't have the time or money to justify paying for Premium if there is just going to be a bunch of games I either have already for the OG consoles or that just don't appeal to me. Add trophies to those games I would want to play and boom - another reason to play them and my interest in upgrading to Premium rising exponentially!

52 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

46 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I live in hope though!

Seems they will, at least by judging the Asian store: “Titles already spotted on the Store include Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee, Worms Armageddon, Worms World Party and PSP title Ridge Racer 2, with prices ranging from 20 Ringgit ($4.56 / £3.62) to 39 Ringgit ($8.89 / £7.06).”

Happy about that, would much rather buy a few favorites than “rent” them via a subscription service.

Looks like my question about PS4 versions was answered, a PS4 list just got uploaded.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

It’s all pretty exciting for sure ? Gives me a good excuse to dust off a lot of my digital PS1 titles and go at them again. It just might be the resurgence I require ? That generation is where a lot of my favorites come from. I look forward to seeing what we get and what gets forwarded from the catalog on PS3 as time goes on.

• Like 4

I'm honestly so excited about this. I didn't even know they were getting trophy lists! The idea that I will be able to platinum the original Ape Escape makes me feel so nostalgic and excited.

I am still hoping for Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil to eventually be a PS Now game but not holding my breath haha.

Also, I am highkey so salty that this has to be the time my internet is out ?

Edited by Billie__227
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Billie__227 said:

I'm honestly so excited about this. I didn't even know they were getting trophy lists! The idea that I will be able to platinum the original Ape Escape makes me feel so nostalgic and excited.

I am still hoping for Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil to eventually be a PS Now game but not holding my breath haha.

Also, I am highkey so salty that this has to be the time my internet is out 1f62d.png

I doubt klonoa will come as it would cannibalize sales of the phantasy reviere collection same with other ps1 games with readily available remasters like say megaman x4-6, castlevania sotn, parappa the rapper,chrono cross, or final fantasy 7-9.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

From my understanding and the info that’s been made available(https://gamerant.com/ps1-psp-purchases-ps-plus-premium-already-own/), games that were previously available under the “Classics” banner (the rereleased PS1/PS2/PSP games for PS3/PS4/Vita) “carry over” if you’d already bought them. So, at least for some (Wild ARMs, for example), you can buy it solo from the PS3/Vita store, and it should translate to the new console. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll update the store to allow a new purchase of the game from a PS4/PS5, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

It's cool that they are adding trophies and other features to these old games. It gives returning players and new players incentive to play them.

It would be cool if they put some or all of them on PSN at some point. For now, they will probably only be on the service. Sony sees them as a draw and would like the revenue for the Premium subscription.