PlayStation Plus Premium - PS1 games trophy lists

The_Kopite

I'm surprised they actually added trophies to them but I'm not complaining. Hopefully the list gets better every month and maybe we get stuff like Crisis Core with trophies ?

More PS2 releases would be appreciated as well since there was a report about Shadow Hearts being rated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

From my understanding and the info that’s been made available(https://gamerant.com/ps1-psp-purchases-ps-plus-premium-already-own/), games that were previously available under the “Classics” banner (the rereleased PS1/PS2/PSP games for PS3/PS4/Vita) “carry over” if you’d already bought them. So, at least for some (Wild ARMs, for example), you can buy it solo from the PS3/Vita store, and it should translate to the new console. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll update the store to allow a new purchase of the game from a PS4/PS5, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

So far only the "PS2 on PS4" branded PS2 titles have come over.

2 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

It's cool that they are adding trophies and other features to these old games. It gives returning players and new players incentive to play them.

It would be cool if they put some or all of them on PSN at some point. For now, they will probably only be on the service. Sony sees them as a draw and would like the revenue for the Premium subscription. 

Service is already available in some countries and individual games have prices. Oddworld for example is 3 Hong Kong dollars while most of the rest are 7. Tekken 2 is an exception and has no price tag although I assume if you already owned it on PS3/PSP/Vita then you can play it without Premium.

If people want to try out the games a month early, HK subs are pretty cheap and all the games are in English.

• Like 1

To be real I never had any interest in what PS plus has to offer, the games they offer never interest me and the ones that does I already have and I have 0 interest in playing online, but if they offer games like Wild Arms, Breath of Fire 3/4, Xenogears, Threads of Fate to name a few with trophy support  I'll jump straight into the premium subscription.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

12 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

To be real I never had any interest in what PS plus has to offer, the games they offer never interest me and the ones that does I already have and I have 0 interest in playing online, but if they offer games like Wild Arms, Breath of Fire 3/4, Xenogears, Threads of Fate to name a few with trophy support  I'll jump straight into the premium subscription.

You get one of those games and only one. That will be $120 a year please.

5 minutes ago, Vergil said:

All are on Nintendo console right?

No, Switch has even less FF games than PS4.

They only have two exclusives with the SaGa collection and the Chocobo racing game.

Pixel Remaster is only on Steam and mobile phones/tablets. Will probably come to PS/Switch/Xbox later, they're still patching the current releases. One would think it's not that hard to port these over and not to screw up these old game releases on new hardware but current Square found a way.

13 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

S32922f.pngS595745.pngS193a24.pngS43654a.pngS2dca8f.png

Seeing these games appear on PSNProfiles new trophy lists section is mental in itself, and they all have platinums! It's pretty surreal.

Gotta say, the only one I ever played back in the day was Syphon Filter, so I've probably missed out on some classics!

Will be interesting to see if Sony do get more subs out of this and whether they carry it on, or ditch it like many other ideas over the years. Certainly will be interested to see the first ever trophy guide written for a PS1 game and how rare these platinums end up being. Wild Arms for example looks like it has a lot of trophies comapred to some of the others!

Wild Arms is a great game and Hotshots is a load of fun. I still have these on Disc and a RGB modded ps2 though I think I might buy them digital as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Wild Arms is a great game and Hotshots is a load of fun. I still have these on Disc and a RGB modded ps2 though I think I might buy them digital as well.

I'm only hearing good things about Wild Arms. Hotshots is one I'd definitely play with playing Everybody's Gofl on Vita and PS4. ?

10 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Now it's time to add trophies to Final Fantasy 1-6 :shakefist:

It's a no brainer for SE. Give the fans what they want, this or the pixel remasters! 

9 hours ago, Ilzakia said:

Seriously, when are we getting the pixel remasters?

With SE's business sense at the moment, never seemingly........ such an easy money maker for them too.

8 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

You get one of those games and only one. That will be $120 a year please.

No, Switch has even less FF games than PS4.

They only have two exclusives with the SaGa collection and the Chocobo racing game.

Pixel Remaster is only on Steam and mobile phones/tablets. Will probably come to PS/Switch/Xbox later, they're still patching the current releases. One would think it's not that hard to port these over and not to screw up these old game releases on new hardware but current Square found a way.

Very true. 

Here's hoping SE listens to the fan demand!

On 5/24/2022 at 3:07 AM, Ilzakia said:

And we can't just like buy these games but themselves?  We have to be the service?

I honestly hope I am wrong and got the wrong end of the stick about this. Not being able to buy these games outside of the service? Honestly that is outragous.

So far this new service is the biggest bullshit idea I can think of.

Exclusive games on a service that you can't ever own or by and for 20ish year old games?

Oh what's that you say, Syphon Filter suddenly got delisted suddenly and you can't buy it off the store? well fuck you then.

Delisting of offline PS1 games, let that sink in.

14 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I honestly hope I am wrong and got the wrong end of the stick about this. Not being able to buy these games outside of the service? Honestly that is outragous.

So far this new service is the biggest bullshit idea I can think of.

Exclusive games on a service that you can't ever own or by and for 20ish year old games?

Oh what's that you say, Syphon Filter suddenly got delisted suddenly and you can't buy it off the store? well fuck you then.

Delisting of offline PS1 games, let that sink in.

You can buy them individually as far as I am aware. Prices will probably fluctuate greatly however per title.

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I just want the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger to get a re-release with trophies.

Another one I would love to see!

1 minute ago, The_Kopite said:

You can buy them individually as far as I am aware. Prices will probably fluctuate greatly however per title.

Another one I would love to see!

I tried searching for Wild Arms and Syphon Filter as a test and I did not see anything.

28 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I tried searching for Wild Arms and Syphon Filter as a test and I did not see anything.

This video might interest you. The guy is on the Malaysian store as the service has been rolled out there and at 1minute 53seconds in the video, he mentions a PS1 game he bought (Jumping Flash) which is part of the new tiered service but he hadn't signed up to the service yet so that would indicate you can buy games individually. 

Also between approx 4minutes 22seconds and 9minutes 12seconds in the video he is looking through the whole library options including the PS1 games and Syphon Filter randomly shows up in a different section. He just ended up stumbling upon it. (Shown at 7minutes 56seconds)

• Like 1

Just a reminder for everyone that those Asian lists are for the Deluxe tier, not Premium. Since some regions don't have PsNow(aka streaming service) , it seems the Extra and Deluxe received a compensation.

Since I'm from South America I'm very pumped but hold your expectations.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CobraMJD said:

Just a reminder for everyone that those Asian lists are for the Deluxe tier, not Premium. Since some regions don't have PsNow(aka streaming service) , it seems the Extra and Deluxe received a compensation.

Very fair point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CobraMJD said:

The US playstation blog mentioned the games though, and the lists are in english. It'd make no sense whatsoever to have these games have trophies only in Asia too.

2 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

The US playstation blog mentioned the games though, and the lists are in english. It'd make no sense whatsoever to have these games have trophies only in Asia too.

Oh sure I wasn't referring to having trophies or not, but the availability of all games shown in PSN Asia at this moment.

Edited by CobraMJD
  • Like 1

Ok well I bought Syphon Filter as it's 60HZ from HK. You can individually buy what you want though most are "Free" on a tiered service. I don't even have PSN plus on my hk account and got both versions ps4/5.

The store tries very hard to convince you into buying the tiered service during Checkout and I'm like $78HK is nothing in comparison to buying a bloated service. I mean I still have about $300 HK left over so that may sound like allot but it's not.

None of my friends have kept the Xbox Gamepass, I think it's really aimed at the casuals.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:04 AM, enaysoft said:

Do you mean you typed up in the search bar?

Service is out in only some regions and you can easily find them by just opening up the PS+ catalog on the store.