PlayStation Plus Premium - PS1 games trophy lists

The_Kopite

23 minutes ago, SpectralBWolf said:

How about Tekken 2, and Resident Evil Director's Cut? I don't see any trophy list for these here.

Not every game has trophy support- it's currently unknown how many will outside of first party games (and even then it isn't a guarantee.)

1 hour ago, kreatur_84 said:

Do all Region get trophys? And what about psp and ps2 games? Would love to play Monster Hunter Series with trophys? 

39 minutes ago, SpectralBWolf said:

How about Tekken 2, and Resident Evil Director's Cut? I don't see any trophy list for these here.

Sony has stated that it is optional for developer's to put trophies in for the classic games. 

• Like 1

I don't have an ultimate need to upgrade, and I'd mostly feel like I have 700+ games at my disposal that I'll never get to. But I might just buy Syphon Filter outright (it's only $10), to see what the fuss was about as I never played it on PS1...and to get a PS1 game Plat on my list just to say I have it. 

Even if the PS1 list expands over the years, the stuff I actually want to play and have trophies for will never be added (all the PS1 and PS2 era WWE, WCW and ECW wrestling games) due to licenses no longer existing or being extremely outdated. So I'd rather just buy things outright and play them on my time. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ichigo0xx said:

I hope we see Tombi or Tomba in here with trophy Support ^-^

The first one and the sequel. I actually started replaying Tomba 1 on an emulator just before they announced the new service with classic games. The hope of playing it with trophies was about 80% of the reason why I didn't continue playing it. 

So fingers crossed I guess.

• Like 1

Current classics with trophies were all Sony published games. Even Sony Bend was making a big deal about Syphon Filter trophies on social media, they were the OG developer. They did a run a play through, and unlocked the platinum live on-stream yesterday.

Edited by technole

I've got Syphon Filter on my PS4 ready for me after I get discharged from the hospital in a few days. 

I pray 2, 3, The Omega Strain, and Logan's Shadow will join the original down the line.

Metal Gear Solid would be nice too. Hopefully no VR trophies though. ?

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 2

Well, I now own Toy Story 2 for PS4/5 due to buying it earlier, and am waiting for Jet Rider and Driver to relaunch, whenever that may be. 

Unfortunate that so few PS1 games are available, fewer still have trophies, and more unfortunate still that Tekken 2, Mr Driller etc are unpurchasable.

I'm curious as to whether some games launching without trophies will get them later or never...

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

It's unlikely that Toy Story 3 and Kingdom of Paradise will have trophies.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games and Game Catalog lineup for September revealed

Great to see that Sony have got Bend studio implementing trophies into Syphon Filter games.

Sadly it seems that with Sony making trophy support for these Classic games optional, that only they are going to actually instruct their studios to put them in so that really limits the option for the people who have Premium and care about the trophies, and I would guess that a majority of the people paying for Premium care about the trophies.