What will happen to my online resources when the servers shut off

This is honestly bugging me a lot too. When you boot up the patched game in offline mode you basically see a skeleton of your actual resources because 90% of it is locked online......the first time I booted up offline I was freaking out because I couldn't access any of it.

I don't even know if anyone could have a proper answer for this as it simply hasn't happened before on any platform.

The safest answer would be that it all just goes POOF! Lost in the aether of the internet. Realistically all I can think of doing would be to use it all up, even if that means getting the GMP into red (negatives). Right before server closure just finish building and disposing the nuke, sell all your vehicles and unused resources for GMP, then use up all your GMP and fuel for developing items/weapons/platforms etc.... just clean everything out so that when we finally fire up the game on June 1st 2022, anything we earn just stays offline.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Llujei said:

That is why I don't claim the challenge task list rewards for now, so when the server goes offline, I still have backup resources from task list rewards lol.

I thought you can’t access the challenge task list rewards unless you’re online?

As for the resources stored on the server, they’ll be gone for good. If you want to get a good idea of what the game will be like, play in offline mode. 90% of your resources will be unavailable. As the game is designed to be played online, it basically will break the experience.

• Like 3

Great post, @Hellish-Abyss. Thanks for that, Boss!

I personally would recommend getting the following trophies before shutdown:

Intruder - FOB Infiltration

Deterrence - Build nuke

Disarmament - Disarm nuke

Deployment - Complete all key dispatch missions

Enhancement - 50 development items

Reinforcement - 100 development items

Locked and Loaded - 300 development items

Prosperity - 10M GMP

Army - Raise all units to level 50

Architect - Construct all platforms

• Like 3

Virtual battles for the weekly league stopped working for me around Saturday.

Last week's league is still showing with last 6 battles empty like it never hapened.

Funnily enough, today after the maintenance period there was a message that previous weekly league concluded and points earned, but there was no PF point increase in my total and "weekly league" still showing the unfinished last weeks league. So no new battles for this week.

Short league was working yesterday so it's interesting to see if it'll be still working today.

P.S. I was tottally bummed when few weeks ago I discovered that I can't purchase waters for my 4th FOB despite MB Coins total in the log was showing the required amount. Didn't realize it stopped working in March.

Edited by tmtkview
  • Like 1

On 24/05/2022 at 0:18 PM, Hellish-Abyss said:

This decision will backfire, buddy. Although you can see that you have something to receive in the Challenge Task List even while offline, trying to access the feature will result in an alert saying that you are unable to use it in offline mode.

I tried claiming some of the task list rewards yesterday, and it went straight to the offline GMP. That means theoretically, we can keep all the rewards until the last moment, and claim it before the server goes down. I am going this path and planning to claim all the rewards before it closes. For now if I lack resource or GMP, I play the FOB security challenge.   

Thanks for the list of inaccessible contents! That really helped. How about the FOB waters that we have unlocked, will it still be available after the server closes?

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 9:54 AM, Llujei said:

I tried claiming some of the task list rewards yesterday, and it went straight to the offline GMP. That means theoretically, we can keep all the rewards until the last moment, and claim it before the server goes down. I am going this path and planning to claim all the rewards before it closes. For now if I lack resource or GMP, I play the FOB security challenge.

Oh, ok then. This is probably a better course of action. But be aware, if your reward makes your offline GMP exceed the limit you will not be able accept it, even if your online GMP isn't maxed. An example: You have a 3,000,000 GMP reward to receive but your offline GMP is 2,000,001. You won't be able to accept it just because the sum of these two values is bigger than 5,000,000.

I personally wouldn't like to see a yellow number notificating that I have something to receive and not being able to claim it after servers close. To avoid this develop everything you can (but avoid stuff with a yellow background that will only be finished in June) and build every platform possible.

If nothing is available to be developed and one still wants to spend GMP to be able to accept rewards, there are some ways to spend it like crazy, like fultoning containers, vehicles, placed weapons and ordering heaven's wrath upon some area pressing start, R1, Fire Support and then choosing Bombardment or other option.

On 26/05/2022 at 9:54 AM, Llujei said:

Thanks for the list of inaccessible contents! That really helped. How about the FOB waters that we have unlocked, will it still be available after the server closes?

Unfortunately, no. You'll be able to access the menu and see what FOB platforms you already built but you'll be unable to start the construction of any platforms (except the ones that belongs to Mother Base). I recommend grinding security challenges and starting the construction of FOB platforms ASAP so they don't go to waste and some trophies like Army and Locked and Loaded become more easy to be achieved.

On 24/05/2022 at 7:49 AM, tmtkview said:

Virtual battles for the weekly league stopped working for me around Saturday.

Last week's league is still showing with last 6 battles empty like it never hapened.

Funnily enough, today after the maintenance period there was a message that previous weekly league concluded and points earned, but there was no PF point increase in my total and "weekly league" still showing the unfinished last weeks league. So no new battles for this week.

Short league was working yesterday so it's interesting to see if it'll be still working today.

True, the exact same thing happened to me. This means weekly league probably stopped working for everyone although short league still works.

Edited by Hellish-Abyss
made some tests
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Hellish-Abyss said:

Unfortunately, no. You'll be able to access the menu and see what FOB platforms you already built but you'll be unable to start the construction of any platforms (except the ones that belongs to Mother Base). I recommend grinding security challenges and starting the construction of FOB platforms ASAP so they don't go to waste and some trophies like Army and Locked and Loaded become more easy to achieve.

Welp, back to security challenge again I guess. :D  

• Like 1

If you have something to spend GMP on, i.e. non-online development projects (or Mother Base platforms) then by all means spend as much as you can.

If they leave GMP as it is now you can only have 5 milion GMP when not online so everything above that will be probably lost.

Edited by tmtkview

3 hours ago, WaseWalayse said:

Because like 80% is a part of online resource i wonder if I should sell all my resources and spend all GMP before shutdown so they won't just dissapear.

Technically you can't have a negative GMP value when it sums with online portion.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Sell all of my vehicles/tanks/walkers and my plants, use up the processed materials for building my remaining MOB platforms and sell the unused materials to convert all of it to GMP and then use up all of that completely for developing my weapons and items so I can basically get down to my last 100,000 GMP.

The only thing that wouldn't be salvageable at all would be the online UNprocessed materials because no matter how much you convert and bring over to processed (online or offline) the game will keep auto-mining for more and it is a never ending process as long as you are online. If you go offline you only have access to 10% of unprocessed materials..... which could be processed in a matter of minutes depending on how much you hoarded..... 

This has been bugging me out a lot this last month. I've platinumed the game back in march, but got really addicted doing those weekly challenge tasks and doing bi-weekly FOB events, that I wanted to get as many event rewards such as camos/S+ soldiers/base colors among other stuff, that I happened to get so much resources that I started developing any weapons left to develop...and now I'm About 20 weapons left to developing them all, but still can't stop worrying about my unused online resources, online vehicles/gears and mostly important my online plants, wondering how those will transfer if at all.

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

This has been bugging me out a lot this last month. I've platinumed the game back in march, but got really addicted doing those weekly challenge tasks and doing bi-weekly FOB events, that I wanted to get as many event rewards such as camos/S+ soldiers/base colors among other stuff, that I happened to get so much resources that I started developing any weapons left to develop...and now I'm About 20 weapons left to developing them all, but still can't stop worrying about my unused online resources, online vehicles/gears and mostly important my online plants, wondering how those will transfer if at all.

For any resources with the online “globe” symbol next to them, they’ll be gone forever.

38 minutes ago, WaseWalayse said:

Turns out you can have negative GMP.... ouch

It's possible to have negative offline GMP but at certain points things would be calculated again to a 10% offline and 90% online part.
Not sure how that will be calculated now the servers are offline. Might depend on the last status before shutdown.