Trophy support for PS Classics confirmed optional

Rebourne07

On 10.7.2022 at 5:10 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

Let's be real it only matters to us which represents a very small fraction of the player base, most people don't care about trophies so for the devs it really doesn't matter if anything just additional hassle.

This. I mean people are so trophy focused today that they don't play classic games for example just for the story. Yes, this is a trophy focused website but still. I still have some non trophy based games on m backlog. Like Silent Hill 1, G-Police, Soul Reaver 2 etc.

But each to his own. This service is new, let's don't hype anyhting up and let's wait and see. 

Edit: THUG 1 + 2 are also my fav TH games. (THPS 2 for nostalgic moments but didn't aged well) but when it comes to gameplay THUG 1 + 2 killed it back in the day.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I've made this argument a dozen times, but at the end of the day there's more games than you'll ever be able to play - this is even more true as a completionist. It's impossible to keep up with just the good singleplayer games released every year, let alone to go back and try and go through past generations of games on top of that. And that's to say nothing of the grindy ass MP games with their battle passes and several hundred hour platinums. Try fitting a half dozen of those in during the course of a year and you may as well just have gotten a full time job.

So everyone's going to need *some* sort of filter to decide what games they play, and they're all going to be more or less arbitrary ones. If you like to trophy hunt to feel like your gaming is adding to something, I think that's a reasonable enough criteria.

That's correct.  You can't read, watch, play everything. Just pick up what you like and enjoy the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I've made this argument a dozen times, but at the end of the day there's more games than you'll ever be able to play - this is even more true as a completionist. It's impossible to keep up with just the good singleplayer games released every year, let alone to go back and try and go through past generations of games on top of that. And that's to say nothing of the grindy ass MP games with their battle passes and several hundred hour platinums. Try fitting a half dozen of those in during the course of a year and you may as well just have gotten a full time job.

So everyone's going to need *some* sort of filter to decide what games they play, and they're all going to be more or less arbitrary ones. If you like to trophy hunt to feel like your gaming is adding to something, I think that's a reasonable enough criteria.

Well said. Probably the best explanation I’ve seen of why I and many others often choose to only play games with trophies / trophies we like.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:08 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

This. I mean people are so trophy focused today that they don't play classic games for example just for the story. Yes, this is a trophy focused website but still. I still have some non trophy based games on m backlog. Like Silent Hill 1, G-Police, Soul Reaver 2 etc.

But each to his own. This service is new, let's don't hype anyhting up and let's wait and see. 

Edit: THUG 1 + 2 are also my fav TH games. (THPS 2 for nostalgic moments but didn't aged well) but when it comes to gameplay THUG 1 + 2 killed it back in the day.

My issue is Activision. We were a bunch of geek teenagers when Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater Underground released in 2003. It was definitely a product of its time. A different era, a different set of standards. I played it thru several times because I loved it, and the killer soundtrack was golden. Hearing the song “The World is Yours” by Nas never got old. 

Activision on the other hand just doesn’t seem interested in reviving the Tony Hawk franchise. Tony Hawk himself is old, he’s now in his 50s and his body just can’t pull off those skateboard tricks like he did when he was younger. We all sort of watched the X Games partially because of him.