Better Play it on PS5 not PS4

HamiTosh

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2022 at 11:33 AM, R4M Razr said:

The PS4 Pro comes with SATA III connectors and is best used with an internal SSD. Problem solved.

I can confirm I just started Spiderman GOTY with a PS4 Pro and Samsung 1TB SATA SSD.

No loading issues at all, it is very fluid.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2022 at 10:20 AM, zizimonster said:

I played Marvel's Spider-Man on a standard PS4, and I didn't experience the issue you mentioned. It ran fine on my end. :)

Same here. I had the initial release version of the game and it ran fine on my bog standard PS4, with no issues at all :).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm playing on the first PS4 model without problems, but it's equipped with an 2TB SSHD. Don't know how it runs on the Pro, since mine got stolen from DHL transport, but I know the Pro had some issues. Especially overheating in the menu (only in the menu) of CoD:MW (2019), which the standard PS4 doesn't.

• Like 1

I'm currently playing this on a PS4 Pro with the stock HD and have had zero issues with any of the described issues.

Gotta say, this is one of the most overrated games I've ever played, up there with Journey and Hellblade. The web swinging is great, but even that gets old after 25 hours. Although the game does a lot of stuff well, most of it is completely derivative of the Arkham games, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, and others. Most of the side missions are terrible (especially the Research Stations), as are the MJ and Miles insta-fail stealth sections. How this game got so many 8s, 9s, and 10s out of 10 is beyond me, considering all of its shortcomings. I'm not saying it's a terrible game or anything...I enjoyed it enough to platinum it and will play all the DLCs, but it's no more than a 6/10 IMO.

Edited by drfk168
  • Like 1