Trophy Sync

Ravie_HD

I recently started a game on my account that i always played with my friend on his ps3. I have the game almost completed and only 5 trophies (plat not included) are missing. My friend wants to sell his ps3 and realised that my profile (and all played games) is still on the console. So i took a look at it and realised that i have about half of the trophies earned on that console, including the 5 trophies i am missing now, but never synced it to psn (i conected once or twice to play online and then always played offline for the game in question). If i do that now what will happen with the trophies i earned twice (aka. will they have the old or the new timestamp) have since i will have all trophies exept the patinum, will it unlock when i start the game after syncing or will it glich out and i will have all trophies exept the platinum?

I wouldn't risk it personally, because doing so can potentially land you in trouble with the CRT (Cheat Removal Team) and get you flagged for cheating but I would PM one of them and get clarification, though you may end up having to nuke the Hard Drive and re-earn those trophies from scratch to avoid any negative consequences.

• Like 4

I wouldn't risk it.

But to answer your questions, the likely outcome is:

1- Older timestamps will become the timestamps for the duplicate trophies (if the system was never online, that will be "missing timestamp" for sure).

2- You will get all trophies except the platinum, and the platinum will be unavailable almost for sure.

3- You will likely get flagged for cheating. 

So, I would really avoid doing this..

• Like 2

OK thanks. It a shame cause there are some trophies on there of other games that have since become unavailable so I'd really like to sync it. I guess I'll write a member of CRT and potentially try to find a software that would allow me to delete the problematic trophies from the console without touching the other ones

Edited by Ravie_HD
Edit

4 minutes ago, Ravie_HD said:

OK thanks. It a shame cause there are some trophies on there of other games that have since become unavailable so I'd really like to sync it. I guess I'll write a moderator and potentially try to find a software that would allow me to delete the problematic trophies from the console without touching the other ones

Hiding trophies is an all or nothing affair, because there's no way to hide individual trophies. Unfortunately, your only option is to hide the entire list and accept it's a write-off :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Hiding trophies is an all or nothing affair, because there's no way to hide individual trophies. Unfortunately, your only option is to hide the entire list and accept it's a write-off :(.

I was thinking more like downloading some form of modding software on the ps3, delete the trophies that would cause trouble but keep the rest, delete the software and sync it. Souldnt count as cheating since im deleting trophies and not giving them

3 minutes ago, Ravie_HD said:

I was thinking more like downloading some form of modding software on the ps3, delete the trophies that would cause trouble but keep the rest, delete the software and sync it. Souldnt count as cheating since im deleting trophies and not giving them

If you’re speaking of the trophies you haven’t synced, you just delete the profile off of the console and re-add it again. The trophies that weren’t synced won’t be there.

Edited by Darkette

4 minutes ago, Ravie_HD said:

We don’t allow the discussion of modding software in the forums. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

We don’t allow the discussion of modding software in the forums. 

Sorry my bad

I also double checked the ps3. I have both my primary and my secondary account on there and as it turns out the trophies in question are on the secondary and i also have lost my password so i guess i can't sync them. I'll still sync the games on the primary but hide them till i have completed them

1 hour ago, Ravie_HD said:

OK thanks. It a shame cause there are some trophies on there of other games that have since become unavailable so I'd really like to sync it. I guess I'll write a member of CRT and potentially try to find a software that would allow me to delete the problematic trophies from the console without touching the other ones

Maybe you can try the other way around.

If the other trophies are from other games, instead of trying to find a way to delete the trophies of a specific game, you can force the system to update only a specific trophy list.

I know that there's a way to make the ps3 not sync games, as well as to sync only specific games. Something about starting the game while online will make the trophies sync only for that specific game or something. But I don't actually know how that works in practice, since I personally never used it, but I know some people that use that trick to avoid syncing ps3 games until they get the possibly problematic trophies (online or glitchy trophies).

Also, about the game that you have different trophies in both systems. You could use your own save file on that system and it should auto-pop the trophies when you fulfill the conditions to get a trophy that wasn't earned in that system. If Auto-poping the trophies this way, they will have a more recent timestamp than when the trophies were originally achieved, and this more recent timestamp will be "corrected" to the original one when syncing it to psn. (Since I use 2 different ps3/ps4 at different places, this happens to me frequently, and my older timestamps always replace the newer ones, without any issues at all).

That's about the only way to get the platinum without re-doing the stuff that you did in either system.

I also think that's as far as stretching the rules that you can go to fix your problem on that game (still will end with strange timestamp on platinum, so, it would be likely flaggable).

If that game is that important to you, I would just finish it on the system that you have your trophies synced to psn.

If the now impossible online trophies are on other games, you could also try to look up how to sync individual games on ps3 to sync those.