Anderitum Hideout Mastery Challenge - Raven Trial key glitch

Just a heads up to anyone who hasn't done this. A guard has a required key. (needed to complete the challenge at All) The first time I ran through this challenge, he had it. In every subsequent run, he never had it. I tried restarting, fast traveling to other maps etc. Luckily I had only done the 2 other challenges in this same location and those are both super easy. With a save I had prior to even doing the mission that unlocks the new challenge locations to begin with, it allowed me to see these challenges again for the "first" time and he had the key again.

I got the gold on my first attempt, post reload from the earlier save. I tried again after that just to see if he had the key and he did so I'm not sure what happened earlier.

Just make sure you have a hard save before you do Any of these challenges just in case. Not sure if this is a result of the new patch or whatever but I figured it was worth noting here for anyone who hasn't started these yet.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2022 at 8:44 PM, DarkSeraphim666 said:

Just a heads up to anyone who hasn't done this. A guard has a required key. (needed to complete the challenge at All) The first time I ran through this challenge, he had it. In every subsequent run, he never had it. I tried restarting, fast traveling to other maps etc. Luckily I had only done the 2 other challenges in this same location and those are both super easy. With a save I had prior to even doing the mission that unlocks the new challenge locations to begin with, it allowed me to see these challenges again for the "first" time and he had the key again.

I got the gold on my first attempt, post reload from the earlier save. I tried again after that just to see if he had the key and he did so I'm not sure what happened earlier.

Just make sure you have a hard save before you do Any of these challenges just in case. Not sure if this is a result of the new patch or whatever but I figured it was worth noting here for anyone who hasn't started these yet.

Just ran into this issue as well, after a few attempts, he lost the key and it never returned ever since.

Yeah I had this happen as well, and I know how to reproduce it. If you grab the key and restart the challenge before using it to open the cage, it will disappear in subsequent runs. Luckily I had a manual save done just prior to beginning the challenge 

• Like 1

This game is so trash it’s actually insane, they just can’t release anything at all without it being incredibly boring and infested with bugs, absolutely game breaking having to start these fucking challenges over again. Luckily I had a auto save, but the fact that every single aspect of the game is just nerve wrecking because of the amount of bugs you can run in to is just pathetic. AC valhalla is without a doubt the worst game I have ever played?

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JavaNext said:

After downloading the new patch the key seems to appear and you can steal it off the guard but once you get to the cage to save prisoner the game will say you need a key to unlock this door even if you stole the key from the guard. Game is still broken?

A workaround for this bug after patch 1.5.3 has been posted on a Ubisoft forum and it worked for me on the PS4. Maybe someone with a PS5 can give this method a go and check for themselves.

• Run your first trial, assassinate the Goliath (which will automatic steal the key for you) and DO NOT open any chests. Open the door and escape with the prisoner (you can assassinate everyone you want, it is just important not to open any chests and complete the mission)

• Once the mission is over, select “repeat challenge” (without exiting or doing anything else, just repeat the trial)

• Immediately run the second trial, opening every treasure chest, STEALING the key from Goliath as intended, staying anonymous and not killing anyone. Opening the cell door should now work and you can escape with prisoner to obtain the Gold medal.

THE FORUM : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/162539/unable-to-open-cell-door-with-key-in-anderitum-raven-challenge-when-the-key-is-stolen-post-here?page=1&lang=en-US

EDIT: This method is confirmed to not work on the PS5

Edited by Zizoo_09

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know how I managed to do it but I beat the challenge after getting the glitch. I killed all the guards and got the key that way, will try again doing it stealthy to see if it works…

EDIT: The only way to get the key is to kill the guard as of now…

Edited by jprulzinkansas

I found a fix! Just tested it for the 4th time now and it’s working fine every time. You first need to assassinate the guard with the key then go and open the cage and grab the prisoner. I personally just kill everyone because it’s a throwaway run anyways. Next take the prisoner outside and complete the challenge and IMMEDIATELY press square to restart the challenge on the completion screen. Now sneak past all the guards as you normally would attempting to get gold but this time bypass the key guard and go straight to the cell. The cage/cell will still be unlocked so you can just open the door and take him out. I now set him down in the grass about halfway in the level next to the hole you slide through. Now loot the chest, pick up your prisoner and get your gold star. If for some reason you make a mistake and get caught you’ll have to repeat this set up again from the beginning. For some reason the cage goes back to being locked after another attempt. Damn this game is bugged. Anyway if anyone has any other questions I’ll try to get back on later to answer any. Good luck hopes this help. I’m personally so happy to get this one knocked out.

Edited by teeniestbean
Spelling

https://ibb.co/tHVMhk1 Here is a photo of me holding the prisoner with the cage open and “remain non lethal” still active.

https://ibb.co/pZBRJvN This is a photo of me holding prisoner and all requirements active with the “key” logo still over the guards head because I never “looted” him.

i tried to edit these into the original post but my account is new and I couldn’t figure out how else to do it.

On 25/07/2022 at 5:03 AM, teeniestbean said:

I found a fix! Just tested it for the 4th time now and it’s working fine every time. You first need to assassinate the guard with the key then go and open the cage and grab the prisoner. I personally just kill everyone because it’s a throwaway run anyways. Next take the prisoner outside and complete the challenge and IMMEDIATELY press square to restart the challenge on the completion screen. Now sneak past all the guards as you normally would attempting to get gold but this time bypass the key guard and go straight to the cell. The cage/cell will still be unlocked so you can just open the door and take him out. I now set him down in the grass about halfway in the level next to the hole you slide through. Now loot the chest, pick up your prisoner and get your gold star. If for some reason you make a mistake and get caught you’ll have to repeat this set up again from the beginning. For some reason the cage goes back to being locked after another attempt. Damn this game is bugged. Anyway if anyone has any other questions I’ll try to get back on later to answer any. Good luck hopes this help. I’m personally so happy to get this one knocked out.

Was this done on PS4 or PS5 ? Just tried this multiple times on PS5 and sadly it’s not working for me.