EA joins Sony in call for inclusivity

Rozalia1

^ I almost spat out my coffee, god bless you. ?

6 minutes ago, Doucet-182 said:

If someone started being mean to me, I don't think i'd suddenly stop supporting marginalized groups. But you do you!

Bruh, I don't agree with a lot of shit that they're spewing either, but relax. lmao

Edited by Zephrese

5 minutes ago, Doucet-182 said:

If someone started being mean to me, I don't think i'd suddenly stop supporting marginalized groups. But you do you!

You really are the definition of NPC meme. Well if you're going to ignore whatever I'll post then feel free to reply once more what an awful person I am and then there's nothing more to discuss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

^ I almost spat out my coffee, god bless you. 1f602.png

Bruh, I don't agree with a lot of shit that they're spewing either, but relax. lmao

Yeah i got heated up for sure and need to chill.

It just fucks me up when we're in 2022 and we're still out here "debating" LGBT shit ?

I had hoped my exposing of the two news sources trying to use Trans to juice up their articles would have helped prevent people juicing their posts here with Trans. Both EA and Sony support Trans. They don't want their workers slitting their fellow workers throats over any possible disagreements they might have on that or other issues however.

I would caution those dominating the thread with posts on the matter, some perhaps purposely in search of a lock, that you will only hurt your cause doing that as people dislike such things. Though if a haha on the internet is more important then feel free to continue of course.

1 hour ago, Slava said:

I expected something very different after seeing this title. 

Well, I don't go to corporations and studios for this kind of statements. Their words and avatar changes on social media don't mean anything to me. But does that mean employees shouldn't be allowed to talk about these rights? It seems like the companies are afraid to lose money from potential boycotts or something, and that's the actual reason.

Having a war within the company between a split workforce who demands the other side get fired for being evil is bad for business yes. Workers are free to promote their beliefs outside the workplace. Is this outrageous?

59 minutes ago, boorish_brute said:

LGBTQ movement: please give us equal rights.

Reactionaries: This is mandated tolerance and forced diversity.

If you think that asking for equal rights is too far for you, I don't think these people were ever "allies".

His point was that pushing too hard will be met with a reaction which will hurt your cause. You should address that.

57 minutes ago, Doucet-182 said:

The funny part is that this whole thread is filled with apologists who "advocate for tolerance of a difference of opinion". A difference of opinion is fine when it's something like which colour your prefer. Not when it's about weather or not you think trans people should exist lmao

It's hilarious that for 40 years we get games made mostly by white men for white men. And the moment we see games being made by and for people outside of that group, there's this screeching whining about "keeping politics out of games". Bunch of absolute toddlers.

Both EA and Sony support Trans people.

For a long period of time Japanese game developers absolutely dominated gaming and even now are still very significant. Additionally, when has gaming ever pushed the politics of your opponents exactly? 

1 minute ago, Doucet-182 said:

Yeah i got heated up for sure and need to chill.

It just fucks me up when we're in 2022 and we're still out here "debating" LGBT shit ?

If you continue to think that nothing about LGBT is debatable, then it's no wonder why you get so worked up. There are thousands of issues within the LGBT spectrum in society that are worthy of mature discussion. Some more than others, I could agree, but it's not all black and white.

Questions open your mind. Statements close it. Allow people to ask questions and ask them yourself. Discuss multiple perspectives on multiple situations. I feel like part of your frustration lies in the fact that you've decided what's objective while others treat it as subjective, causing you to automatically defend what you deem "the truth" as if you're debating irrefutable facts like a globe-shaped Earth.

1 hour ago, Doucet-182 said:

It just fucks me up when we're in 2022 and we're still out here "debating" LGBT shit 1f62d.png

I just try to the best of my ability to ignore it because it's obviously going to upset me, hence why I didn't post here for a bit until getting a few good laughs in first.

There's nothing inherently wrong with you getting worked up or emotional over it since it's understandably a sensitive issue.

That said, I'd also suggest ignoring people who immediately - or very quickly - resort to passive-aggression or hostility as best as you can because they aren't worth it.

Edited by Zephrese

2 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I'm just surprised this thread didn't get locked since it derailed beautifully and it has nothing to do with video games let alone trophies.

/thread

Ironically, I'd say this one is among the most civil this particular discussion has ever gone around these parts! :blink:

• Like 1

Just now, Rozalia1 said:

Both EA and Sony support Trans people.

Superficially, sure. But only in a way that costs them as little as possible, like pretty much all major companies.
Never assume a brand cares about anything more than your wallet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KimmysGotGame said:

Friendly reminder that staying neutral in the face of oppression only favors the oppressor.

1 minute ago, Alos88 said:

'If you aren't with me you're against me' is a mentality that often pushes fence-sitters onto the other side of the fence.

That quote is great, but it was in reference to Nazi Germany and the systematic brutal obliteration of entire subcultures during that regime. Equating that to some people not wanting videogames to address political issues is a bit of a reach.

You can be an ally to injustice without wanting to live and breathe that situation 24/7. Videogames and gaming in general used to be about escapism. These days it feels like you need an escape from video games and the videogame industry instead.

1 minute ago, Alos88 said:

'If you aren't with me you're against me' is a mentality that often pushes fence-sitters onto the other side of the fence.

I believe it's also an attitude unique to those who the system doesn't target, white people who didn't do anything during the civil rights movement often say these days that they feel guilt for the fact that they didn't help.

2 minutes ago, KimmysGotGame said:

Friendly reminder that staying neutral in the face of oppression only favors the oppressor.

If government, media, corporations, Hollywood celebrities and major universities are supporting you, are you really oppressed? Or is Cletus, Prudence and Kyle the high school bully such a threat that everybody must unite under rainbow flag?
Go fight for the rights of Pakistani gays if you want to help the really oppressed people. Or maybe convince China that it's cool to be LGBT, see how that oppresion fight will go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darling Baphomet said:

You're not a fence sitter, you just have delusions of decency.

Funny how fast you are to attack based on such little information. Again, you're making assumptions about others while asking others not to make assumptions of you. I don't expect you not to see the double standard, but I have no delusions of decency. 
I'm not special. I'm not better than you. We have- potentially- differing worldviews, and that's fine.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alayaes said:

That quote is great, but it was in reference to Nazi Germany and the systematic brutal obliteration of entire subcultures during that regime. Equating that to some people not wanting videogames to address political issues is a bit of a reach.

You can be an ally to injustice without wanting to live and breathe that situation 24/7. Videogames and gaming in general used to be about escapism. These days it feels like you need an escape from video games and the videogame industry instead.

Videogames always have been and always will be political, this isn't a new thing. Pac-Man released in 1980, 42 years ago now, and has political themes, and I'm sure you could trace them back even further.

Just like books, movies, music, and art are political as well. A person's or group's views will always bleed into their creative work whether intentionally or not, because a lot of creativity is driven by beliefs.

• Like 1

Just now, Alos88 said:

I'm not better than you.

Finally, something we can agree on. I do not care whether or not you make assumptions about me. Most likely, you already have. If you believe marginalized people wanting the bare minimum of respect is enough to push the ~poor, innocent fence sitters~ into bigotry, that tells me more than I need to know about you.

4 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

Okay but what is it you want to escape from? Other people's struggles?

Consider that the marginalized people you claim allyship towards not only do not get to take breaks from the injustice that permeates their lives, but on top of that they can't even find safety and representation in their escapism, and when they do ask for such they get accused of grooming children or whatever the fuck else.

• Like 1

Just now, madbuk said:

Videogames always have been and always will be political, this isn't a new thing. Pac-Man released in 1980, 42 years ago now, and has political themes, and I'm sure you could trace them back even further.

Just like books, movies, music, and art are political as well. A person's or group's views will always bleed into their creative work whether intentionally or not, because a lot of creativity is driven by beliefs.

What political themes does Pac-Man have? Perhaps I can agree that it has a political allegory? I don't recall Pac-Man reciting to me how to configure my moral compass, what side of history was objectively better than the other, nor were the developers tweeting me about what to stand for or believe in.

• Like 1