EA joins Sony in call for inclusivity

Rozalia1

Just now, Zephrese said:

They come off as extremely condescending under a thing layer of "civility", at the very least.

Might not be their intention, but I can't exactly blame people for interpreting things that way especially after that last post.

I would just be super happy if this thread was shot into the sun or closed. Either way I’ll be happy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I would just be super happy if this thread was shot into the sun or closed. Either way I’ll be happy.

It's mostly devolved into one person shouting at multiple other people, and then some of those people being rude back without necessarily being as outright aggressive about it.

So not much of value would be lost. lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

It just seems like you want to pick fights with people. If you don’t like the content posted be the bigger person and stop the method for posting it by locking the thread. Again, not picking sides.

1 minute ago, Zephrese said:

They come off as extremely condescending under a thing layer of "civility", at the very least.

Might not be their intention, but I can't exactly blame people for interpreting things that way especially after that last post.

You'll have to explain that one to me and provide some examples.

4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

It's just your tone and the way you word your posts in general. Again, just personal interpretation.

It gives off a bad - or at least disagreeable - vibe, although I'm not going to defend personal attacks directed at you either for it regardless if it's intentional or not. lol

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Just please preserve your dignity and close the thread. This has spun out of control into an 8 page crap storm involving you versus everyone else. Again, not picking sides but this thread needs to be shut down.

8 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Why can't a debate ever take place here without people crying for it to be shut down?  Just like the abortion thread, people made valid points on both sides, but then some can't handle certain conversations and the disagreements that arise.  But instead of leaving and ignoring it, they stay here and cry for it to be closed?  If this thread bothers you that much, then get the fuck out.  It's that easy. 

i can handle it. Its just extremely repetitive. As for the abortion one it becomes an entire religious debate with Christians and they will never understand anything that isnt in that book. So its like talking to a wall.

Edit: it also seems this stopped being about gaming awhile ago...

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

i can handle it. Its just extremely repetitive. As for the abortion one it becomes an entire religious debate with Christians and they will never understand anything that isnt in that book. So its like talking to a wall.

Then why not keep them in that containment thread and ignoring it? I haven't seen anyone pulling it up outside of that one thread, so it wasn't that much of a problem. Also what did you expect, that was clear *Dead Dove: Do Not Eat* situation.

2 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

Then why not keep them in that containment thread and ignoring it? I haven't seen anyone pulling it up outside of that one thread, so it wasn't that much of a problem. Also what did you expect, that was clear *Dead Dove: Do Not Eat* situation.

honestly didn't expect much. Plus that thread wouldn't contain them. Plus you ignore them, another thread pops up, another topic, another rant and so on and so forth. It is inevitable but whatever.

honestly didn't expect much. Plus that thread wouldn't contain them. Plus you ignore them, another thread pops up, another topic, another rant and so on and so forth. It is inevitable but whatever.

But there wasn't any other thread after? I think it contained them alright. Although I don't recall any hoardes of angry christians either.

19 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Why can't a debate ever take place here without people crying for it to be shut down?  Just like the abortion thread, people made valid points on both sides, but then some can't handle certain conversations and the disagreements that arise.  But instead of leaving and ignoring it, they stay here and cry for it to be closed?  If this thread bothers you that much, then get the fuck out.  It's that easy. 

The "abortion thread" was supposed to be a sarcastic thread/satire thread to appreciate Jim Ryan, it wasn't supposed to be a place to debate abortion. That's just what it derailed to so it was shut down because nothing of it had anything to do with the original post or no one understood the sarcastic undertones or what the thread was actually meant for.

This thread is a little different though as the topic is more meant to be debate-heavy and the debate actually revolves around the topic. There's a stark difference between the two.

I'm internally debating whether we should keep this thread open or not, but I need to take a closer look at the thread in its entirety before deciding. Just try and keep it civil without the trolling, name calling, etc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

But there wasn't any other thread after? I think it contained them alright. Although I don't recall any hoardes of angry christians either.

I'm too lazy to look, I'm just stating in general there's threads like this every week that start off on topic and derail into some massive debate that divides.

10 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Just try and keep it civil without the trolling, name calling, etc.

can i insult EA, at least? ? (why is there no pleading emoji gdi???)

Edited by Zephrese

Just now, Zephrese said:

It's just your tone and the way you word your posts in general. It gives off a bad vibe, although I'm not going to defend personal attacks directed at you either for it regardless if it's intentional or not. lol

That hardly tells me much. Why is me not rising to anger at people's attacks on me getting listed off as being a negative? 

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

Just please preserve your dignity and close the thread. This has spun out of control into an 8 page crap storm involving you versus everyone else. Again, not picking sides but this thread needs to be shut down.

Me vs everyone else? At no point in the thread was I against everyone else. This is all very strange.

11 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Most shut down requests are likely secret, but I do believe they largely come from a certain group (could be wrong) which does tell a story. Infected Elite doesn't count. He just has some weird vendetta against me which I'd love to just be done with, but I'm sure he is very invested in hating me at this point.

1 minute ago, czDante92 said:

There was no angry Christians no. It was largely people saying that they shouldn't have pushed so hard as they did because this was the result.

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The "abortion thread" was supposed to be a sarcastic thread/satire thread to appreciate Jim Ryan, it wasn't supposed to be a place to debate abortion. That's just what it derailed to so it was shut down because nothing of it had anything to do with the original post or no one understood the sarcastic undertones or what the thread was actually meant for.

This thread is a little different though as the topic is more meant to be debate-heavy and the debate actually revolves around the topic. There's a stark difference between the two.

I'm internally debating whether we should keep this thread open or not, but I need to take a closer look at the thread in its entirety before deciding. Just try and keep it civil without the trolling, name calling, etc.

Thank you for the response. Honestly considering all the bad conduct from certain people it may be on me for not reporting posts, but I just want people to talk and not have the thread locked which is what in most places a lot of reports leads to.

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I'm too lazy to look, I'm just stating in general there's threads like this every week that start off on topic and derail into some massive debate that divides.

I'm usually just checking what catches my eye in Recent and I never noticed any big off-topic derails. But I also made TLoU 2 thread about permadeath and it went the way you might guess. I still didn't lock or delete it though, just ignored it.

4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

That hardly tells me much. Why is me not rising to anger at people's attacks on me getting listed off as being a negative? 

I wouldn't be able to articulate it very well, so don't read too much into it. ?

That said, negativity isn't strictly about being angy wangy green eggs and hammie.

Edited by Zephrese

11 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Me vs everyone else? At no point in the thread was I against everyone else. This is all very strange.

Most shut down requests are likely secret, but I do believe they largely come from a certain group (could be wrong) which does tell a story. Infected Elite doesn't count. He just has some weird vendetta against me which I'd love to just be done with, but I'm sure he is very invested in hating me at this point.

There was no angry Christians no. It was largely people saying that they shouldn't have pushed so hard as they did because this was the result.

Thank you for the response. Honestly considering all the bad conduct from certain people it may be on me for not reporting posts, but I just want people to talk and not have the thread locked which is what in most places a lot of reports leads to.

i am not invested in hating you, i don't hate you. Matter of fact i am glad you have opinions dude, but its how you go about presenting yourself and not allowing any room for debate or compromise without it being full of attacks and whatnot.

Its literally that simple. Chill.

You posted in a Yurukill thread i made and it wasn't a debate, it was quite nice. Do that more often. Is it that hard?

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i am not invested in hating you, i don't hate you. Matter of fact i am glad you have opinions dude, but its how you go about presenting yourself and not allowing any room for debate or compromise without it being full of attacks and whatnot.

Its literally that simple. Chill.

You posted in a Yurukill thread i made and it wasn't a debate, it was quite nice. Do that more often. Is it that hard?

I don’t hate anyone here either. The thread just needs to stop. It isn’t doing any good for anyone.

It's the nature of conversations sometimes.  Especially if one side or person feels their points aren't being addressed.  If the people in here want to ague for another 100 pages of the same thing, who are you to stop them?  It's their time, you can always bow out and get on to other things.  Seems like you and the OP have issues, so maybe it's your way to get one over on them by calling for a mod to shut down their post?  Idk.  All I'm saying is, if people wanna argue, let them argue. 

You're right, but I've also met atheists who were more preachy than religious people and their main point always devolved into "you believe in god, so you're dumb."  Once you reach extremism you can swap out belief systems and people act pretty much the same regardless of what team you are on.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

While I disagree and think conversation will stray and should be allowed to, I understand you position here and your reasons.  Thanks for taking the time to explain though, I appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I don’t hate anyone here either. The thread just needs to stop. It isn’t doing any good for anyone.

Exactly. Points were made. We dont need to beat a dead horse as they say.

3 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

It's the nature of conversations sometimes.  Especially if one side or person feels their points aren't being addressed.  If the people in here want to ague for another 100 pages of the same thing, who are you to stop them?  It's their time, you can always bow out and get on to other things.  Seems like you and the OP have issues, so maybe it's your way to get one over on them by calling for a mod to shut down their post?  Idk.  All I'm saying is, if people wanna argue, let them argue. 

You're right, but I've also met atheists who were more preachy than religious people and their main point always devolved into "you believe in god, so you're dumb."  Once you reach extremism you can swap out belief systems and people act pretty much the same regardless of what team you are on.

Yeah OP and i have issues on wrestling, SOME opinions, but if Roza could take criticism without getting full on defensive and possibly working with others, it'd be more civil as they say. Ultimately i don't let anything said ever bother me. Its just people typin behind a screen. I don't know them, or their story. But i can respect most. But for the record i don't hate OP. 

In terms of religion, specifically christians... bingo. i dont hate that they follow god or whatever, jesus , but its when they make it all about their way of life and thats the only way,  that drives me nuts. My aunt started a website trying to sue the government because covid rules and restrictions was apparently against our human rights. She also has, well there's tons wrong with her. needless to say no one in the family talks to her. My point is, that its that kind of Christians that just piss me off. Ones that can accept others beliefs or also somewhat trust science and keep their religion to themselves.. no issues. But thats few and far between.

12 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Once you reach extremism you can swap out belief systems and people act pretty much the same regardless of what team you are on.

100% true

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Once you reach extremism you can swap out belief systems and people act pretty much the same regardless of what team you are on.

Most opposing extremes with things like religion and politics appear to weirdly circle back around into the other like some bizarre uroboros.

• Like 1