Yurukill Trophy Thoughts?

@Rozalia1

I think posting tips regardless would be helpful. Considering the greatest hurdle is going to be the bosses. 

Even just sharing the info among those of us who have played can help little by little.

For the time being this plat is looking kinda impossible for me on account of how i can't even clear the first stage on hell score attack let alone stage after it.

With that in mind here are my tips for the first stage.

1st Stage Part 1: This one is the easiest so I doubt anyone will have trouble reaching the boss with practice. The best way to get through the stage is to kill every ship you see and get the binko for the extra life. 2 points to be careful of are the parts with giant ball shaped ships which appear near the middle and end. Their easy to avoid and kill on their own and are worth a lot of score. But the 2nd time they appear in a group of 2 you need to act fast and kill or their combined lasers will get ya.

The 2nd major obstacle is the barrage or spinning enemies which blast at you while moving across the screen. Their easy to avoid and shoot until they fill the field with bullets, you need to find the small gaps to pass through to avoid death but it's reasonably simple when you get used to them.

Typically if you didnt mess up you reach the boss with 100% gauge (or just barely less if you used the tracking laser shot generously).

Also and this is kinda obvious remember to collect the power ups.

What makes the 1st boss annoying is its time bombs, these explode when shot at enough or when they are on the lower end of the screen. If you leave them along and focus on the ship you may end up getting hit by stray shots later.

The only viable strategy here is to spam the tracking laser shot while shooting (X not O). This drastically reduces the bullets you have to deal with but be sure to follow the moving boss so you deal max damage with minimal gauge usage.

The 2nd part, is very easy. You just shoot at the barrier and if you want use laser if you have 100% you might as well a bit. Move your ship to the far end of either side of the screen and when the enemy starts backing up move around it towards the far end and then as it shoots rush to the opposite end. it can't follow you all the way. When it stops just move behind it and repeat till dead.

The 3rd is just the same as the first 2 but the gimmicks are combined, the methods for both remain the same.

Part 2.

The 2nd part is in a way simpler and shorter. The hardest part is early on when more of those flyers appear and shoot at you, the yellow ones are bombs so you should try to shoot only a few of those at best but shoot the rest while avoiding. this can be an annoying way of losing your built up gauge from the last part if you screw up, though it can be recovered from.

Aside from that the other major enemy are centipedes which only fire from the sides, so just shoot or laser their fronts and collect the Binko which shows up near the middle. 

The boss for this stage is much more frustrating, especially if you didn't reach it with a lot of built up gauge (over 70). This is also the first boss whose difficulty changes based on your performance.

If you had lost a lot of lives on this stage (2-3 maybe), the boss's 1st and 3rd phases will be easier.

For the 1st part the boss can only be damaged from it center area are where its main gun is. The wings don't take damage. The boss moves side to side while alternating between its wing guns and its main center guns.

If you lost only a small amount of lives or none the wing guns will fire scattershots which you can only avoid (and fire at the same time) by being right in the face of the main gun and moving along with the boss. You will need to be careful not to be too close may take some getting used to but its doable. If you lost plenty of lives then the side wings only fire in front of them making them easy to avoid. The main gun is just the same purple laser from the 1st part boss (2nd and 3rd areas).

The 2nd part of this boss can be very annoying if you have no gauge, well no it's probably impossible without. For this part it has a barrier so you don't need to aim at the center just any part of the barrier. The boss shoots missiles which release bullets on its sides, one at a time, this will be annoying if they fill the screen but then it also release large ball bullets, in patterns alongside them, on their own their avoidable but together not in the least. 

Your only way of overpowering this phase is shooting and spamming your tracking laser throughout until it is beaten.

The final phase is even worse because its both 1st and 2nd phases combined. This includes the wing bullets, though this time the plane is immobile but its not any less annoying. The method is the same just keep firing at the plane with lasers to disrupt it and create openings until it dies.

The last area is the shortest and the most difficult. I don't think i've cleared it once without losing 1 or more lives.

The beginning portion has enemies popping in from the side to shoot at you. Their avoidable and shootable, but then mid way 3 spinning laser shooting enemies pop, you need to kill them IMMEDIATELY with lasers or your dead no question their shots are near impossible to avoid when their grouped up. 

Then you put up with the same thing repeated. The final part is the most difficult and requires quick action.

Not 1 or 2 but 4 of the large ball shaped enemy from the 1st part will appear in succession, you need to kill them as they appear, with lasers, shots and everything, before they are too many to avoid. They are worth a lot of points if you manage it (which will be difficult regardless).

And then we have the boss...................SIGH.

I'll be honest i haven't been able to find any consistent way to deal with the first part yet. Without losing a ton of lives at least.

Like the last boss this one changes its MO depending on the amoung of lives lost in the stage.

For the first part it throws the same bombs from the 1st boss and AND extends one arm to unleash a bullet storm, made from large pink orbs and purple shots. This part gets easier the more lives you lost.

For example if you lost at least 1 life the boss's purple orbs have a pattern and can be avoided by staying in the gaps (assuming the bombs dont get ya). But if you didn't their basically impossible to avoid from the front. The main way to avoid the arm that i can logically find is to move to the side making shoot difficult, you also have to put up with the bombs.

The most lives you lose the easier this segment becomes, lowering the number of bullets and removing the purple ones entirely if you lose too many.

The barrier phase is doable it's basically just swinging at you from one area at a time so it will take time depending on your power up status but it will go down.

I dont remember the last phase but chances are since i only ever reached it with my last life it's not likely going to be useful for people aiming to clear Hell all score cuz having only 1 life less is the same as failure.

6 hours ago, hamzamon said:

*Snip*

I have submitted a trophy guide so it should go up sometime soon. I don't go over the parts before the bosses though because there really isn't any need from what I've seen. If you use the 1st ship which appears to be the best one, then the homing shots on it can get you past a lot of possible problems without issue.

As for your worry about not being able to clear the 1st stage. Don't worry about it, with no method currently known on how to fight the 7th boss the 1st stage appears to be the hardest section to get through. Only one boss later on approaches the strength of the 7th (the only solution I have for that one is to clear the two previous bosses and then 100% EX bomb it) and the rest are easy which includes the final stage which has some of the easiest bosses.

It is in the guide but I'll help you now with the bosses you've laid out, keep in mind that this is with the 1st ship.

1st boss, use your outburst shot (hold) on him once the mines appear and your outburst will hit the mines too which will stop their shots also. Boss is no threat as a result.

Seems you didn't have any problem with the 2nd and 3rd. What I will say is that the 3rd actually doesn't go to the edge like the 2nd does. What you can do is kill the 2nd boss when he is coming down the screen on the edge, so he starts the 3rd fight at the edge of the screen. Then once he goes back up to the top you can outburst him dead quickly.

4th boss as you said, get up to its face, only moving away when it swaps to the purple spray attack, then go back to the face, repeat.

5th boss is free also. What you need to do is when the fight starts take out the missiles on one side and then move up the screen on that side. Once the boss stops shooting out those big pink balls it'll start the missile attack again. You need to move yourself across the front of the boss to the other side of him and destroy all the missiles on that side. You then just repeat until he is dead.

6th boss what you need to do is get in front of its face but slightly to the left or right. As the boss strafes the purple spray you need to move along with it and make sure to destroy the missiles on the side you're on at the same time. Don't actually do all that though as the previous 2 bosses are free so you'll be at 100% energy meaning you can just blow this guy up. Do make sure you keep firing by the way as the bomb goes off as that'll get you some extra energy.

7th boss. Like yourself I've found no good way to deal with this guy. The only thing I can think of would be to reach the fight at 100% and kill him instantly, but the section with the 4 guys right before the boss appears difficult to get by without using up your energy. 

8th boss. No trouble at all as its swipes are easily avoided. Don't run into the glowing area the swipes leave as that can kill you too.

9th boss. Takes a while to kill and you have to avoid its fire spray attack, but the fire spray isn't that crazy to dodge.

10th boss. You need to focus on your ship and be reactive to any big ball that comes your way. Be ready to use the bomb if you need to.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

@Drag-On-Detritus did you end up figuring anything out on the Hell boss fights? The important ones being the final parts of stage 1 (first phase) and stage 6 (third phase)? Not been able to figure out a good strategy on those fights. There must be some easy way to dodge the enemy attacks.

Nah sorry I've had borderline contempt for games over the last few months. I did manage to play through story mode which was much more enjoyable than expected due to not having watched any anime for ages. The shooting part I found about 80% disagreeable.

Last time I played I thought it was the worst shooter I'd played in ages & after a couple of stages it was already starting to feel too long. I have extreme prejudice against movement restriction/environmental hazards, feeling underpowered & 'shoot the core' style boss fights where there's no way to hit the boss for a good part of the fight. I just want to shoot & dodge bullets & nothing else. The music was also completely horrible & in a game like this I rely on remembering where bits in stages fall based on the music, but I really can't stand to hear it in this game. 

It feels like they wanted to make a horizontal shooter but only half the characters are (barely) equipped to deal with it. Futa & Hanaka are ok to use but I can't fuck with the other two. 

What really doesn't help is I played through normal mode without ever firing a special shot or bomb and Hell mode absolutely can't be done that way. I did spend a bit of time in practice mode including those bits you were asking about & came to the conclusion that some of the patterns/phases require bullet cancelling. This includes even the first boss & it's hard not to just say 'fuck this game' after that.

If I'm going to deal with a campaign that takes 3 times longer than it should & awful horizontal style BS, I'll just clean up Raiden IV x Mikado & do another stack of Rigid Force Redux. For Yurukill I'm sorry to say the motivation, even to just charge it up to 91% really isn't there. With that said maybe I'll pick it back up in a year or four.

8 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Nah sorry I've had borderline contempt for games over the last few months. I did manage to play through story mode which was much more enjoyable than expected due to not having watched any anime for ages. The shooting part I found about 80% disagreeable.

Last time I played I thought it was the worst shooter I'd played in ages & after a couple of stages it was already starting to feel too long. I have extreme prejudice against movement restriction/environmental hazards, feeling underpowered & 'shoot the core' style boss fights where there's no way to hit the boss for a good part of the fight. I just want to shoot & dodge bullets & nothing else. The music was also completely horrible & in a game like this I rely on remembering where bits in stages fall based on the music, but I really can't stand to hear it in this game. 

It feels like they wanted to make a horizontal shooter but only half the characters are (barely) equipped to deal with it. Futa & Hanaka are ok to use but I can't fuck with the other two. 

What really doesn't help is I played through normal mode without ever firing a special shot or bomb and Hell mode absolutely can't be done that way. I did spend a bit of time in practice mode including those bits you were asking about & came to the conclusion that some of the patterns/phases require bullet cancelling. This includes even the first boss & it's hard not to just say 'fuck this game' after that.

If I'm going to deal with a campaign that takes 3 times longer than it should & awful horizontal style BS, I'll just clean up Raiden IV x Mikado & do another stack of Rigid Force Redux. For Yurukill I'm sorry to say the motivation, even to just charge it up to 91% really isn't there. With that said maybe I'll pick it back up in a year or four.

There are only a couple of fights where you are going to get periods of not being able to do damage, coincidentally they are the hardest fights. Interesting you use the music like that. I didn't find the tracks for the game bad. The main theme in stage 1 and then in stage 6 are nice. The first 4 bosses in their finale have a track I really like. Stage 6 boss fights have an alright one too.

Have you not tried Sengoku and his outburst shots? The homing gets you through the large majority of things without issue. As you have said, there is simply no way to get past Hell mode if you don't use outburst shots. Without them even the basic enemies before the bosses can kill you pretty easily.

Phase 7 of the 1st boss seems to be the hardest fight in the game so I wouldn't let that discourage you. The only way I can see of tackling it at the moment is to get past the 4 cannon guys before the fight without using too much energy so you can enter the boss fight at 100%. If you can do that then stage 1 is very easy before that point, and easy beyond it. Difficulty currently would go Stage 6 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 7.

As you've said it is indeed longer than the norm, but you can actually shave a bit off it. Stage 7 is so easy that it is in essence a victory lap, so if you can clear 6 then you'll have it in the bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Its pretty disheartening that after over a few months since the game release no one can clear it because of this barrier. Like there are hard parts in other stages but without a concreate way to beat stage 1, Phase 7 without expending all your lives of doing a nigh perfect run before hand its a mess.

My only hope right now is that as they are updating the game they come to their sense and make some fixes to the gameplay.

So far in my runs of the battle the only way to reduce the strain it to lose a lot of lives in phase 7 as it will cause it to ease up on the bullets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2022 at 4:29 PM, hamzamon said:

Its pretty disheartening that after over a few months since the game release no one can clear it because of this barrier. Like there are hard parts in other stages but without a concreate way to beat stage 1, Phase 7 without expending all your lives of doing a nigh perfect run before hand its a mess.

My only hope right now is that as they are updating the game they come to their sense and make some fixes to the gameplay.

So far in my runs of the battle the only way to reduce the strain it to lose a lot of lives in phase 7 as it will cause it to ease up on the bullets.

I've had it on hold. Like yourself I've been hoping some expert in the genre had worked it all out by now and made it easier for the rest of us but that hasn't happened it seems. 1-7 is so nasty that the only solution to beating it I can see is reaching it at 100% energy which is difficult itself and EX-Bombing it.

1-7 like other boss fights must have some trick to it though. I recall times where I became able to avoid the shots and hurt it but they never lasted... I assume I moved in such a way that is how you're supposed to do the fight but then didn't on the follow up.

• 3 months later...

If anyone is playing it or played it recently and can provide some manner of information that would be great. If you haven't already check out my trophy guide on the site.

Something I can contribute is this. The 1st stage's third part's boss is the most troublesome part of the whole playthrough. The 1st phase of it appears very nasty and I was unsure what manner of trick is involved. My best guess was it was some manner of movement based trick and I'd say that is partly the case from my findings. The boss always leads with the arm on your left and then swaps to the right, then left, so on. You'll have noticed as you died a bunch that at times the boss seems to attack rapidly and then on others its attacks are a bit delayed. The reason is the boss tracks you and seems to launch attacks based off you getting successfully tracked. So if it is going to shoot attacks out of the left arm, you're on the left, he launches attacks and then you quickly go across the screen to the other side while shooting him, then the resulting attack from the boss will be easy to avoid because as it started on the other side of the screen the attacks won't be as tight. The problem in all of this is of course the mines blowing up, mines that are often in the part of the screen you need to hide in. Its possible there is a trick to the bombs where you can make it so they won't be where you need to hide... but its possible they're somewhat random. That seems to be the way they expect you to beat the boss, with you using the bomb if the mines are too much.

However, there is no need to do any of that because I've actually found a way to get to the fight with an EX bomb. You'll enter the third part of stage 1 with around 60% energy if you EX bombed the end boss of the second part. Now what is key here is you destroy all the little enemies by knowing where they'll spawn. Left/Right/Left/both sides is how the first wave goes. Then 3 machine gunners spawn which can catch you out if you're not careful. The way to deal with them I'd say is focus on the one on the right and shoot at him to kill him while using the Burst to take out the other two, though be mindful to not use too much burst as you can actually dispose of them with as little as two burst burst shots at times. Then enemies come in reverse to last time, so right/left/right/both sides. Then machine gunners again. Final bit is the 4 big guys and how you handle them is like this. In the centre 1 will spawn, take him out quickly and use a little burst but not too much. Then the two big guys on the sides will spawn which is quickly followed by the biggest guy spawning in the centre. What you need to do is kill the guy on the right by again, using burst but not too much. You want to get in front of him (at the bottom of the screen) to shoot him (and have the burst track towards him) but be mindful that he does shoot at you with those big balls which you'll need to get out of the way of. By the time he dies you are now dealing with the big middle guy (ignore the guy on the left) and you should burst him a little again to allow you to avoid his mass attacks and then kill him quickly after. These big dudes all drop good amounts of energy so you should end up at 100% if you did it this way. Then you can just EX bomb that first phase a way.

The problem of course is that the boss has 4 phases and while you skipped the first and the second phase is a joke... the third and fourth certainly aren't. I've had the third phase go well for me and then other times I get utterly wrecked... so I'm still unsure what exactly you're supposed to do. Again, it seems to involve I think having the boss attacking the correct spots so its attacks can in fact be dodged because if not then the attacks become so tight that you're just dead. The other problem is how in all the dodging you have to do you can't effectively damage the boss meaning it'll take forever... if you EX bomb the 1st phase of the fight and then beat the 2nd you'll enter the fight with around 80% energy... surviving until you get 100% for the EX bomb seems the only reasonable way to do it. Then the 4th form... I don't know as I've barely fought it but from what I've seen it is nasty. A hoard of massive balls that go everywhere. The sides seem open (until it aims in those directions) but if you're there then you're not damaging the boss.

And those are my findings thus far of stage 1 on Hell.

I tried out the other ships to see if they'd be any better and... not seeing it. There are limited boss fights where they'd be more useful and the homing missiles of the first ship are useful in the majority of boss fights anyway. Homing missiles are also way better for the non-boss fight parts and I mean massively better.

Correction on earlier statement regarding the 4 big dudes before the boss in stage 1. You can very much kill all 4 guys one after the other if you swap from one side to the other and then to the middle to kill the final guy. Considering the energy these guys drop it'll help getting 100%.

I think I'm getting closer to figuring out the third phase. No progress on the 4th as I've been trying to crack the 3rd before I try figuring that one out. Feeling positive though as progress has been made and I know that if this can be figured out then the platinum is very much possible as the 1st boss is the biggest threat.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2023 at 6:57 PM, Rozalia1 said:

I tried out the other ships to see if they'd be any better and... not seeing it. There are limited boss fights where they'd be more useful and the homing missiles of the first ship are useful in the majority of boss fights anyway. Homing missiles are also way better for the non-boss fight parts and I mean massively better.

Correction on earlier statement regarding the 4 big dudes before the boss in stage 1. You can very much kill all 4 guys one after the other if you swap from one side to the other and then to the middle to kill the final guy. Considering the energy these guys drop it'll help getting 100%.

I think I'm getting closer to figuring out the third phase. No progress on the 4th as I've been trying to crack the 3rd before I try figuring that one out. Feeling positive though as progress has been made and I know that if this can be figured out then the platinum is very much possible as the 1st boss is the biggest threat.

I'm thankful your still trying, i noticed a few people have platted it but i dont know if they were hacked or not hard to tell sometimes.

I just dont get it though, there SHOULD be some way to beat it unless the devs legitimately didnt think it through.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hamzamon said:

I'm thankful your still trying, i noticed a few people have platted it but i dont know if they were hacked or not hard to tell sometimes.

I just dont get it though, there SHOULD be some way to beat it unless the devs legitimately didnt think it through.

I've tried to contact those that appear to have completed it but I can't get a hold of any of them, though even if I could there would be a language problem. From what I recall only like 3 people have done it.

I think its possible the developers simply over tuned the problem fights and didn't actually intend for them to be that difficult because the overall balance of the game is all over the place. Why does the 1st stage have jokes for part 1 and 2 and then in part 3 have the hardest boss in the game? Why is the stage 6 boss easier than it when you'd expect it to be logically stronger? Why is the final boss the easiest to the point I don't recall if there is even much difference between its hell mode version to the other difficulties.

Something that certainly doesn't help is them not implementing a boss mode where you can just fight the bosses. Having to run through the whole of stage 1 to get to the actual problem boss fight to test stuff out is a real annoyance.

• 2 months later...

Man i missed this message for months lol sorry exams and such.
But yeah i agree its really bizaare to me how they handled a lot of this. 
I do somewhat get why there isnt a boss mode because a lot of scenarios in hell mode involved needing the gauge up to a certain amount to survive. But well to begin with the whole thing is a mess. The fact that this game has no videos of hell mode hasn't helped.

On 18/05/2023 at 5:53 AM, hamzamon said:

Man i missed this message for months lol sorry exams and such.
But yeah i agree its really bizaare to me how they handled a lot of this. 
I do somewhat get why there isnt a boss mode because a lot of scenarios in hell mode involved needing the gauge up to a certain amount to survive. But well to begin with the whole thing is a mess. The fact that this game has no videos of hell mode hasn't helped.

A free boss mode that allowed you to start with whatever % gauge you want would work.

I actually tried to look up the developers site and contact them a while back but the contact form they have seems broken as it would churn up errors every time I tried to send them something.

• 2 months later...

It looks like at least one more person has gotten the plat last month (they seem to have 2 versions??????) either way consider contacting them they may have the missing trick needed to finally make this stupid trophy doable. Just thought i'd mention it.