Armageddon, If you still don't have it. (PATCHED)

WizloBaggins

4 hours ago, LittleSallySue said:

Hi! I just got Armageddon to pop after what seems like 50+ demon wins at least. 

Not entirely sure why it popped after this match, but I'll provide a few details about this match. 

1. Played in a public lobby 

2. Playing as Warlord and won before all map pieces were collected.

3. When the game ended, I was possessing a basic unit. As in, I downed the final survivor while possessing it. 

4. Playing on PS5 with cross play enabled and there was a player who disconnected once they died after bleeding out. 

I saved the last ~5 minutes of my match just in case anyone had questions. 

Do you mean you have done 50+ demon wins since the latest patch or just overall? I have won a lot of demon matches, but I haven't played it too much since the patch. I'm wondering if I just have to start all over since the patch or do maybe some of my wins from before the patch might count.

Edited by BloodySky

13 hours ago, LittleSallySue said:

Hi! I just got Armageddon to pop after what seems like 50+ demon wins at least. 

Not entirely sure why it popped after this match, but I'll provide a few details about this match. 

1. Played in a public lobby 

2. Playing as Warlord and won before all map pieces were collected.

3. When the game ended, I was possessing a basic unit. As in, I downed the final survivor while possessing it. 

4. Playing on PS5 with cross play enabled and there was a player who disconnected once they died after bleeding out. 

I saved the last ~5 minutes of my match just in case anyone had questions. 

Perfect, it's just what I wanted to know. I played and won as a demon countless times, I just hope I can do it now while possessing a basic unit.

9 hours ago, BloodySky said:

Do you mean you have done 50+ demon wins since the latest patch or just overall? I have won a lot of demon matches, but I haven't played it too much since the patch. I'm wondering if I just have to start all over since the patch or do maybe some of my wins from before the patch might count.

I meant that I have won a minimum of 50 demon matches since release. Can't say how exact that is as it's based off of feel, but definitely have won way more demon games than what's specified in the trophy's description. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LittleSallySue said:

I meant that I have won a minimum of 50 demon matches since release. Can't say how exact that is as it's based off of feel, but definitely have won way more demon games than what's specified in the trophy's description. 

Thanks for the info. It seems there's mixed info on whether or not some wins since before the patch count or not. I know I am up to 10 wins, since the patch, on PS5 and still no trophy yet. So it looks like I might have to do at least 30 on both PS4 and PS5 again. Oh well, at least I like playing demon. ...Unless fighting SEAL teams. lol

Edited by BloodySky
  • Like 1

On 30/05/2022 at 10:55 PM, BloodySky said:

Thanks for the info. It seems there's mixed info on whether or not some wins since before the patch count or not. I know I am up to 10 wins, since the patch, on PS5 and still no trophy yet. So it looks like I might have to do at least 30 on both PS4 and PS5 again. Oh well, at least I like playing demon. ...Unless fighting SEAL teams. lol

Just had a few sessions. Only won when a player left and even then it wasnt as easy as it should be. Feels more balanced with 3 players. Well only won 4 games. Had my boss unit die in 3 seconds from spawning to ranged damage ?‍♂️. Definitely going to wait till they sort the balancing out. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Just had a few sessions. Only won when a player left and even then it wasnt as easy as it should be. Feels more balanced with 3 players. Well only won 4 games. Had my boss unit die in 3 seconds from spawning to ranged damage ?‍♂️. Definitely going to wait till they sort the balancing out. 

Survivors are definitely strong if they are all sticking together and focus on anything you possess. But once you get a demon to level 45, you get a lot stronger. I personally recommend Necromancer for wins. The skeleton flutist that you can spawn is a crazy powerful buff. Just make sure you spawn it somewhere out of the way, or surrounded by traps, to make it harder for them to get to it. Putting it in a building is ideal, so they actually have to go in and get it, instead of just shooting it. It has a 49 yard range, or about 60 yards if you have the "Flute Power" talent, so make sure it's still close enough to give your units the buff, but out of the way to the survivors. If no buildings around, try putting it behind tall boulders or big trees and in front of traps.

Using Necromancer, I usually win most of my matches. The only time I don't is if I am fighting a coordinated team of max level survivors who instantly jump on anything I possess or kill the flutist ASAP. Heck, I've even had some teams completely ignore the flutist and just tank through the buff and still win. It was a team of King Arthur, AoD Ash, Scotty and Pablo. Pablo kept giving everyone amulet health and they all just instantly stun locked anything I spawned or possessed. You pretty much know right away when you are fighting teams like that. They always stick together, share resources and instantly stunlock anything you take control of. SOMETIMES I can still get a win, if I pick the person off who breaks off to kill the flutist, but even that is tough against a good team. If you fight a team like that, might as well just go make yourself a sandwich, watch some TV or go do some housework, or something. lol

Edited by BloodySky
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BloodySky said:

Survivors are definitely strong if they are all sticking together and focus on anything you possess. But once you get a demon to level 45, you get a lot stronger. I personally recommend Necromancer for wins. The skeleton flutist that you can spawn is a crazy powerful buff. Just make sure you spawn it somewhere out of the way, or surrounded by traps, to make it harder for them to get to it. Putting it in a building is ideal, so they actually have to go in and get it, instead of just shooting it. It has a 49 yard range, or 60 yards, if you have the "Flute Power" talent. So make sure it's still close enough to give your units the buff, but out of the way to the survivors. If no buildings around, try putting it behind tall boulders or big trees.

Using Necromancer, I usually win most of my matches. The only time I don't is if I am fighting a coordinated team of max level survivors who instantly jump on anything I possess or kill the flutist ASAP. Heck, I've even had some teams completely ignore the flutist and just tank through the buff and still win. It was a team of King Arthur, AoD Ash, Scotty and Pablo. Pablo kept giving everyone amulet health and they all just instantly stun locked anything I spawned or possessed. You pretty much know right away when you are fighting teams like that. They always stick together, share resources and instantly stunlock anything you take control of. SOMETIMES I can still get a win, if I pick the person off who breaks off to kill the flutist, but even that is tough against a good team. If you fight a team like that, might as well just go make yourself a sandwich, watch some TV or go do some housework, or something. lol

Damn I was using level 30 Puppeteer. Having better luck with level 6 necromancer. This strat is good. Haha. 

Just hope the wins count now and doesn't glitch out. ? 

10 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Damn I was using level 30 Puppeteer. Having better luck with level 6 necromancer. This strat is good. Haha. 

Just hope the wins count now and doesn't glitch out. 1f44d.png 

I'm a sole Puppeteer player and I win 99% of my matches at lvl 45. Honestly any of the Demons are extremely effective in their own right, they just have their own unique little tweaks. Explosions, Vomit/Gore, etc. The main focus seems to be empowering Basic units at all costs, then possession, followed by bosses. I rarely have a game where I use elites so I avoid those skill tree talents completely. I see a basic unit nerf coming in the future to balance things, as they're just SO strong right now.

One thing of note, you said you had your boss unit die in seconds to a ranged weapon. This is going to happen, but that's fantastic Intel for you. Watch who melts you, focus on raising their fear... and when they're just slightly out of place possess them. VERY good odds you get a team wipe using that Survivor. Then you just pop a basic portal and posses one of those to stop the reviving process.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

I'm trying to double plat, I wish I farmed the wins in private lobbies for demon. Now I have to do it in actual matches and I'm hoping that it actually counts towards the trophy. It's such a missed opportunity that the game lacks in in-game stat tracker for stuff like this.

Edited by PortaLuna

On 02/06/2022 at 4:30 PM, Skurkitty said:

I'm a sole Puppeteer player and I win 99% of my matches at lvl 45. Honestly any of the Demons are extremely effective in their own right, they just have their own unique little tweaks. Explosions, Vomit/Gore, etc. The main focus seems to be empowering Basic units at all costs, then possession, followed by bosses. I rarely have a game where I use elites so I avoid those skill tree talents completely. I see a basic unit nerf coming in the future to balance things, as they're just SO strong right now.

One thing of note, you said you had your boss unit die in seconds to a ranged weapon. This is going to happen, but that's fantastic Intel for you. Watch who melts you, focus on raising their fear... and when they're just slightly out of place possess them. VERY good odds you get a team wipe using that Survivor. Then you just pop a basic portal and posses one of those to stop the reviving process.

Great tips, especially the Intel thing. Possessing the best equipped player really helped the most. Solo melee killed the whole team, so satisfying. 

• Like 1

My only problem with possession is that if you are fighting a good team, they will make possession a pointless waste of energy. They will all turn and shoot at you the moment you possess a single member of their team, which causes you to bounce around until they are out of possession. That's why I usually play Necromancer and try to focus on overwhelming them with units under the flutist buff. The only way they can counter that (assuming they don't just tank through it) is to actually have one of them break off and kill the flutist. Which sometimes you can trap that one person and down them, which usually causes a domino effect with the rest of the team.

But that's the great thing about the demons, each have their own playstyle to capitalize on. Just pick whichever feels best for you. I can't wait for more demons to come out.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:35 PM, PortaLuna said:

I'm trying to double plat, I wish I farmed the wins in private lobbies for demon. Now I have to do it in actual matches and I'm hoping that it actually counts towards the trophy. It's such a missed opportunity that the game lacks in in-game stat tracker for stuff like this.

Same here. I'm trying to double plat as well. I wish more games took advantage of PS5s trophy progress tracking feature, so we'd know how many wins we were at (at least on the PS5 version). Like you said, an in-game stats page would be great as well!

Edited by BloodySky

2 hours ago, BloodySky said:

But that's the great thing about the demons, each have their own playstyle to capitalize on. Just pick whichever feels best for you. I can't wait for more demons to come out.

Baal and Ruby have already been leaked via voice lines and 3D renders, I'm extremely excited. Also great point about the playstyles, both you and me are two fine examples of how different you can play the role of Demon. The Art of Possession vs The Art of Overwhelming Force.

Edited by Skurkitty

On 30/5/2022 at 5:40 PM, IosonoOtakuman said:

I'm trying to end the match possessing any unit but de-possessing it before the very last attack, this way I win the match as a unit but a split second later, before the screen turns black, I'm in demon form.
I wonder if it works....

Just got the trophy while trying this strategy. I'm not sure if now counts the victories while possessing the units as well, but this worked for me.

Edited by IosonoOtakuman

On 5/27/2022 at 11:31 PM, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Im sorry that you’re having a bad experience as demon. It can be fun with the right conditions (at least for me). 

EDIT: I ended up getting the trophy. Everyone's advice was right -- I had a lot going on in my personal life that had me at a heightened stress level at the same time as I was getting frustrated with this trophy, and some time away from all of it was much needed. Still wasn't a walk in the park, but when I came back to it with a more level head, I was able to get through it. Now it's just the grind to Level 50!

Edited by Geoffx37
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

Two weeks later, and like 50-60 matches as demon more, I still haven't gotten the trophy because I've won once for every 25 matches. I have Necro and Puppeteer maxed at this point, and nothing. Stomped by four-person groups if crossplay is turned off; stomped by cheaters on PC if I turn it on. I can't do this anymore.

Yesterday, I played a match where I completely killed three survivors at the page objective halfway across the map, while the fourth started the dagger objective 900 meters away. By the time I started heading there, it was 20%; by the time I got there, between 60 and 70%. And then this guy proceeded to vault through a window over and over and over because the spawns I'd possess can't vault after him, and he cleared the objective, exorcised me away and revived everyone as a result. Then today, I got so sick of playing against PlayStation squads that I turned on crossplay, and my very first match, I spawned Eligos three times, each one being insta-killed by a PC Arthur who hit my boss once, barely two seconds after spawning in, and they were dead.

Not to mention the amount of times I've managed to run the 30-minute timer down to a minute or two, and then the survivors are rewarded by having no further ticking clock pressure after that to regroup, heal up, and defeat the Dark Ones at their own leisure when they get that second objective done, which just makes all the stress and effort I put in dragging them for a half hour a complete waste of time. And on and on and on and on.

I'm really happy for anyone who is great at demon, because it must be fun, but I just don't get it, and honestly after what happened with the Arthur, I put my controller down and wondered why this is even worth it. One trophy causing so much stress and making me legitimately miserable playing this game because I simply can't win. Ever. This might be the thing that makes me stop trophy hunting after nearly 15 years.

It may be time to walk away for a minute, the game is getting new maps and a bunch of DLC, come back to it later. Bottom line if it stops being fun I move on, circle back later. You’ll get it eventually, don’t quit. Just take a break. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

Two weeks later, and like 50-60 matches as demon more, I still haven't gotten the trophy because I've won once for every 25 matches. I have Necro and Puppeteer maxed at this point, and nothing. Stomped by four-person groups if crossplay is turned off; stomped by cheaters on PC if I turn it on. I can't do this anymore.

Yesterday, I played a match where I completely killed three survivors at the page objective halfway across the map, while the fourth started the dagger objective 900 meters away. By the time I started heading there, it was 20%; by the time I got there, between 60 and 70%. And then this guy proceeded to vault through a window over and over and over because the spawns I'd possess can't vault after him, and he cleared the objective, exorcised me away and revived everyone as a result. Then today, I got so sick of playing against PlayStation squads that I turned on crossplay, and my very first match, I spawned Eligos three times, each one being insta-killed by a PC Arthur who hit my boss once, barely two seconds after spawning in, and they were dead.

Not to mention the amount of times I've managed to run the 30-minute timer down to a minute or two, and then the survivors are rewarded by having no further ticking clock pressure after that to regroup, heal up, and defeat the Dark Ones at their own leisure when they get that second objective done, which just makes all the stress and effort I put in dragging them for a half hour a complete waste of time. And on and on and on and on.

I'm really happy for anyone who is great at demon, because it must be fun, but I just don't get it, and honestly after what happened with the Arthur, I put my controller down and wondered why this is even worth it. One trophy causing so much stress and making me legitimately miserable playing this game because I simply can't win. Ever. This might be the thing that makes me stop trophy hunting after nearly 15 years.

Just take a break. Or use Warlord

7 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

Do you mean max the skills on the left side (like level 25?) Or max their passive?

I can't fathom you playing that many matches without running into at least 1 clueless group. I've played about 10 matches now as a demon and have a few wins...I would say if it's this bad for you, see if you can boost it. Or wait till it's a plus title and come back the month it releases and stomp on all the casual people trying it out. 

Best of luck! 

10 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

really sorry you're having a tough time with this. like others have mentioned here, if its that stressful then give this game a break for a while. or for good. your health is worth more. there is always the possibility the devs will reinsert trophies in the private match mode down the road. maybe wait and see if that happens

10 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

Sry that its Hard for you. I can Tell you how i play (i win 8-9/10). Maybe its a way for you.

I Play with the necromancer,

first i farm energy and set traps as fast as i can Till i have Level 2. then i begin to summon skeletons(one point in control, one in Portal Standard) . In that Time i try to find the survivors. When i locate them, i start attacking them. Its absolut ok when  they beat your skeletons like nothing(they can have uniq weapons in 1-5 min. Your minions are way too low) its Just to annoy them. See on map which way they Go and Try to set traps 
When they activate the Last Page and or the dagger, set your flautist in a house upstairs or behind a rock. Then summon as many as you can and control one of them over and over again. Summon Evil ash and call More skeletons and attack the survivors but don’t kill them when you are in front of a solid team. Let them use the Cola. The More Cola they use the easier it will be at the End. 
Note the Place where the dagger or the Last Page was (whatever they activate Last) and Go back to the survivors. Try to hurt them. Definitly annoy them when they Farm in houses. 
At the end: use only the skeletons around the area from the Dark ones. Don’t summon any of your minions. When the book appears, set a flautist in an house upstairs, in a house behind a wall or behind a rock and summon all of your skeletons and use Evil ash to summon more skeletons. Then go with evil ash to the book and hit it as often as you can. The survivors(~7-8/10 Teams) have no time to handle you and all your fully upgraded minions in the Same seconds. 

Sometimes they shot you down but this is not a problem, just wait again for energy and skeletons, summon all in the same  time and Control one Elite to hit more damage on the book with R2.

do this as Long as you can. 
that is enough for 8-9/10 wins. 
but when you play against a very good Team it will be pretty hard. A very good Team will win most of the time. 

i Lost a lot rounds where I got 55-65k  points with more then 50-60 portals, ~60k damage on survivors and so on.

And you will have messages from a lot of players how bad you play, how lucky you was (of course you will win all of these rounds?). Only from this Forum three Members was mad enough to write me (maybe more, just checked the really angry guys) ?

hope this is readable and understandable (english is not my first language) and it helps

GL to you. 

PS. If you have again a situation where a survivor goes through the window: set traps inside and attack him outside. When he do it again, set two traps outside and attack from inside(your flautist is summoned of course)… or scare him, control him and walk away from the daggerzone. 

hope it helps ?

I've played for 2 days n have to say it doesnt seem too bad. Picked to play as the demon Henrietta just because the look of her makes me laugh ? First day sure I got 0 wins cuz I had 0 upgrades was weak n had no idea what to do or how to play. Today the 2nd day little better and I got 5 demon wins, which felt hella satisfying ? I have no real strat other than all at the same time trying to overwhelm/overload, with max energy i spawn everything - basic portal - elite portal - then R1 to scare a survivor to replenish enough energy to also spawn my boss. Then bash away til my hearts content and hope for the best lol. I'm happy with the 5 wins today as still feel like a newbie for I'm sure its gonna get more fun when I get better and stronger ?? so yea I maybe recommend trying Warlord class, it's working fine for me 

Like someone else in this thread mentioned, this game will probably become a Plus game eventually. Pretty much every game of this type does. Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th, Predator: Hunting Grounds. All of those became Plus games, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one does as well. So for those of you struggling with this trophy, you can come back and try again when a surge of new players come in to try it with Plus. I mean there is no guarantee it will eventually be a Plus game, but like I said, I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

Another rule of thumb is, I look at the party before the game starts.  If they're all playing on the same platform, I back out.  I'll keep doing this until I find a group with mixed platform players.  Yea you're going to get banned for a couple of minutes if you back out too much, but it's better than wasting time going up vs a premade group

• Like 1