Prey: Mooncrash DLC. Worth it?

kkulifay

I just bought the Dishonored & Prey Collection : The Arcane Collection on sale, mostly to experience the Dishonored saga. 

Prey looks interesting and I’ve heard wonderful reviews about it, but the trailer to its DLC: Mooncrash kind of turned me off from wanting to 100% complete the trophy list.  It looks like a  sci-fi deja vu rogue-like loopy loop to me. At least that’s what the trailer gave me initial impressions on. 

Is it worth pursuing or should I just stick with the Dishonored journey? Thanks in advance for your replies!

• Like 3

If you like the main game...absolutely.

Mooncrash is a good example how dlc's should be made on a game like this.

I hate it how game devs these days put out so many dlc's, but they are all crap...

All they think is money.

Im glad Mooncrash wasn't one of them.

Edited by TuomasH92
  • Like 2

It sounds like you've already got all the feedback you needed, but just to give further weight to the argument, Prey is absolutely brilliant and well worth your money and time. 

I am currently in the middle of doing Mooncrash a good year or so after achieving the platinum. I repeatedly kept waiting for a price drop as I thought it was expensive for a DLC pack, but now having played it I actually think it justifies the price.

It does take a little getting used to how the dlc works and the amount of requirements you need to fulfil for 100%, but definitely stick with it and you'll end up enjoying it as much as the main game I think.

• Like 2

On 26.5.2022 at 7:37 PM, kkulifay said:

I just bought the Dishonored & Prey Collection : The Arcane Collection on sale, mostly to experience the Dishonored saga. 

Prey looks interesting and I’ve heard wonderful reviews about it, but the trailer to its DLC: Mooncrash kind of turned me off from wanting to 100% complete the trophy list.  It looks like a  sci-fi deja vu rogue-like loopy loop to me. At least that’s what the trailer gave me initial impressions on. 

Is it worth pursuing or should I just stick with the Dishonored journey? Thanks in advance for your replies!

One of the best DLCs I ever played

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FeindlicheKrabbe said:

its not, i tried it and it was boring 

but main game is ok

Funnily enough, I felt the exact opposite: didn't like the main game much, but found Mooncrash to be pretty addictive.

So, yeah, it's worthwhile.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I liked Prey a lot. The story, the lore, the ambientation... is wonderful and fun. I enjoyed a lot the platinum but Mooncrash... is another different story. As a rogue-like mode, I only recommend it if you like this kind of games. The DLC trophies are not difficult, but because of the randomness can be pretty pretty time consuming.

I spent like 10 hours in it and I didn't feel like wasting more time for just a 6-7 trophies. Maybe one day I come back to it.