Hitting cloud 9 / Better than the trailer Trophy video guides

Ferro_DG

Hello everyone! Just made a couple of videos that hopefully will help all of you trying to get the Hitting cloud 9 trophy and Better than the trailer.

Roller Champions is a 3v3 competitive multiplayer sports game played from a third-person perspective. In the game, two teams of players compete against each other to earn five points within seven minutes by throwing a ball into a goal. In order to score, a player must gain possession of the ball and skate at least one lap without being interrupted by opponents. Subsequent laps can be completed by other teammates by passing the ball to them. Players can earn more points per goal by completing more laps, though their progress will be lost when they are stopped by opponents. When one team gains possession of the ball, another team must try to tackle and knock over their opponents, though such attacks can be dodged. Players gain more followers when they win a match, which will allow players to compete in matches with larger crowds. The player avatars and their gears, as well as fans’ outfits, can be freely customized with various cosmetic items.

No one got all the trophies just yet (26/05/2022) but they appear to not be very difficult. I would say that the difficulty is 3/10. About the time to get 100%, I would say it should take around 80 hours, mostly because of the Bigger than who?, for the 100,00 fans.

To get the "Hitting cloud 9" trophy you must touch the ceiling of the arena. The technique I used, to make it short, was to get some speed and, when going up the wall, jump, uppercut and jump again. For more details check the video:

I couldn't find a better way to explain how to do it but I already managed to get the trophy with 2 different accounts in 2 days. Please let all of us know if you have a better strategy.

EDIT: Below you can also find my new video for the "Better than the trailer" trophy:

To gain speed with the ball, use "Dodge" before starting to go up the wall and the jump when touching the same wall. When close to the goal, press X to jump, release and then hold X for the air pose.

Also, it appears that all the trophies have to be done on online matches because I tried some on custom match and none was unlocked.

Edited by Ferro_DG
New video trophy guide added to the main thread
  • Like 4

Perfect way to describe it how to pull it off, tried it alot with just uppercuts and going high as possible but no success. Combination of uppercut jump uppercut worked as a charm, thanks!

As you described it ain't a hard 100%, just the 100.000 fans is a little grind.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Good to know that my explanation and video are good. I wasn't sure ?

6 minutes ago, Nickeloadagun said:

Thank you for the helpful video. Do you happen to have any tips for, “better than the trailer” trophy?

I didn't try the Better than the trailer yet, Nickeloadagun, but it appears to be hard enough. You air pose by pressing X twice (jump and then pose). To do that, while having the ball, and passing the goal, all at the same time, I assume that your aim has to be flawless.

Anyway, I will give it a shot soon enough, if I manage something I will try to make another video about it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ferro_DG said:

I didn't try the Better than the trailer yet, Nickeloadagun, but it appears to be hard enough. You air pose by pressing X twice (jump and then pose). To do that, while having the ball, and passing the goal, all at the same time, I assume that your aim has to be flawless.

Anyway, I will give it a shot soon enough, if I manage something I will try to make another video about it!

I tried this already a couple of times with randoms, always landed inside the goal with the animation (sometimes he decides to skate at the wall instead). But for some reason it doesn't pop, so I have no idea if they mean with 'pass' you have to get through the goal or not, or you have to pass to a teammate when in front of the goal, but that would make it ridiculous hard..  Hold L1 at a teammate and press x and then hold x to pull it off. No success so far for me

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1

2 minutes ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

I tried this already a couple of times with randoms, always landed inside the goal with the animation (sometimes he decides to skate at the wall instead). But for some reason it doesn't pop, so I have no idea if they mean with 'pass' you have to get through the goal or not, or you have to pass to a teammate when in front of the goal, but that would make it ridiculous hard..

The description says "Score by passing through the Goal with the ball", so I assume the character has to traverse the goal with the ball in their hands, not to pass the ball to a teammate. But if you managed that and the trophy didn't pop it could be buggy.

If anyone is having trouble with Better Than the Trailer, and are playing with a friend, there is an easier method.  A buddy and I just got it on the first attempt each.  Whoever is going for the trophy skates ahead of their ball carrying friend on the last turn and hits uppercut towards the goal.  Ball carrier then passes at height of jump.  Hold x after receiving pass and there you have a trophy.  xD