Should I make trophy guides for this game?

You can’t do another trophy guide unfortunately - 2 is the site’s limit. We did get a request like this a little while back and since the idea of collaborating with the old authors didn’t work out we advised the author to convert theirs to a walkthrough instead.

So you could do a gameplay guide format, just not a trophy guide (this is what most of the guides on the site are) or a walkthrough.

It’s also true that sometimes guides don’t get the number of views they deserve, but if it helps even one person you’ve done a good thing. :) 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 10:53 PM, footballpro52 said:

As I have continued to play and learn more about this game I have realized that a lot of the trophy guides on this site aren't very detailed or give enough helpful information to assist other players in getting these achievements. I know a lot about this game and its mechanics and I think I could make a lot of helpful trophy guides for this game but I only worry that I will put in a lot of time to make them and only have a few people get any real use out of them. Thoughts?

I just started with the game, it would help me a lot hehehehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 26/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, footballpro52 said:

As I have continued to play and learn more about this game I have realized that a lot of the trophy guides on this site aren't very detailed or give enough helpful information to assist other players in getting these achievements. I know a lot about this game and its mechanics and I think I could make a lot of helpful trophy guides for this game but I only worry that I will put in a lot of time to make them and only have a few people get any real use out of them. Thoughts?

I know I am over a year late to this thread so perhaps my response is unneeded but was the guide I made not detailed or clear enough? I myself made one specifically due to the to main guides covering the base game being horribly outdated and incorrect in a few parts. Unfortunately it being formatted as a Gameplay guide as per Charizarzar's recommendation does mean it stays overshadowed by the older two.

If you have genuine feedback and/or details to point out or add I'll gladly talk them over with you.

• Like 2

Do you know of a faster way to get to infamy 25 other than the crime spree glitch? Because from what I've tested it takes me two hours per infamy rank, which is way fatser than most legit XP boosts I've seen, but this still makes it basically 50 hours of farming ukrainian job... but I've seen some people have their Infamy X and XXV way faster than that.

@ElHoxtinator

Edited by GastNDorf

It's a normal problem sadly. The guide of Fall Guys is extremely outdated, nowadays if you start from zero you have no idea what to do because the game has changed a dozen times since launch. Looking at the forums, I'm glad there's a lot of people helping (like the "tips" from the older site), but the guide is incredibly misleading.

12 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Do you know of a faster way to get to infamy 25 other than the crime spree glitch? Because from what I've tested it takes me two hours per infamy rank, which is way fatser than most legit XP boosts I've seen, but this still makes it basically 50 hours of farming ukrainian job... but I've seen some people have their Infamy X and XXV way faster than than.

@ElHoxtinator

50 hours from what point? Infamy 1?

5 minutes ago, BlazikieronUS said:

50 hours from what point? Infamy 1?

Yeah, if it takes me 2 hours to go from reputation 1 to 100 and you need to reach rank 25 infamous, then it is effectively 50 hours. Very easy, but very tedious and boring.

Edited by GastNDorf

17 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Yeah, if it takes me 2 hours to go from reputation 1 to 100 and you need to reach rank 25 infamous, then it is effectively 50 hours. Very easy, but very tedious and boring.

Ah, okay. I’ve already gotten to infamy 20 legit and it took me 460 hours

38 minutes ago, BlazikieronUS said:

Ah, okay. I’ve already gotten to infamy 20 legit and it took me 460 hours

Oh, that's rough. If you want to know about the glitch, it's very simple.

- Start a Crime Spree in Crime.net (online)

- In Crime Spree lobby, highlight the heist giving you the biggest Crime Spree rank (should be between 9 and 15)

- Go into network settings on your PS4 (or PS5 i assume it's the same) and switch it off. When you're back in the game, it will say you're disconnected and put you back in the main menu

- Open Crime.net Offline, go to jobs on demand and buy the Ukrainian job normal and start it

- You will see that your heist now has the Crime Spree rank during loading

- Finish it as fast as possible, additional loot doesn't matter (Rush to one of the vaults, put a C4 on it, if the crown isn't here, put one on the second vault, then rush to the escape truck with the crown)

- You will then be in the Crime Spree results screen, your rewards go to the Crime Spree pool. To keep going, press the pause button (Touchpad on PS4) and select "suspend crime spree". Now you can rinse and repeat until you have enough XP to get you from reputation 1 to 100 (23,4million XP). One good extra thing is you also earn a ton of money and continental coins in the process, which allows you to basically use any weapon and mod you want.

With this method you can also always stay level 100 in between infamy ranks for regular play. You just need to farm at  reputation 100 until you have enough XP, suspend the crime spree, go claim your new infamy rank and reset your level, and then cash in your crime spree rewards to go back to level 100 instantly.

It takes about 500 crime spree ranks to get this point (so a little bit less than fifty 30-second heists). You gain slightly more XP everytime you do more crime spree in a streak, but the rank itself is irrelevant, only you current streak matters. So it doesn't matter if you start at Crime Spree 0 or use the catch up function to start higher, you still need to do a streak of around 500. This is why it is so "long"... But I've been looking at the latest achievers and some people just get both Infamy trophies in a matter of hours, so I'm very curious now.

Edited by GastNDorf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Oh, that's rough. If you want to know about the glitch, it's very simple.

- Start a Crime Spree in Crime.net (online)

- In Crime Spree lobby, highlight the heist giving you the biggest Crime Spree rank (should be between 9 and 15)

- Go into network settings on your PS4 (or PS5 i assume it's the same) and switch it off. When you're back in the game, it will say you're disconnected and put you back in the main menu

- Open Crime.net Offline, go to jobs on demand and buy the Ukrainian job normal and start it

- You will see that your heist now has the Crime Spree rank during loading

- Finish it as fast as possible, additional loot doesn't matter (Rush to one of the vaults, put a C4 on it, if the crown isn't here, put one on the second vault, then rush to the escape truck with the crown)

- You will then be in the Crime Spree results screen, your rewards go to the Crime Spree pool. To keep going, press the pause button (Touchpad on PS4) and select "suspend crime spree". Now you can rinse and repeat until you have enough XP to get you from reputation 1 to 100 (23,4million XP). One good extra thing is you also earn a ton of money and continental coins in the process, which allows you to basically use any weapon and mod you want.

With this method you can also always stay level 100 in between infamy ranks for regular play. You just need to farm at  reputation 100 until you have enough XP, suspend the crime spree, go claim your new infamy rank and reset your level, and then cash in your crime spree rewards to go back to level 100 instantly.

It takes about 500 crime spree ranks to get this point (so a little bit less than fifty 30-second heists). You gain slightly more XP everytime you do more crime spree in a streak, but the rank itself is irrelevant, only you current streak matters. So it doesn't matter if you start at Crime Spree 0 or use the catch up function to start higher, you still need to do a streak of around 500. This is why it is so "long"... But I've been looking at the latest achievers and some people just get both Infamy trophies in a matter of hours, so I'm very curious now.

Great explanation on the glitch. 2 quick questions;

1 - do you have a suggested method to boost xp to get to the level required to start a crime spree?

2 - does the rinse and repeat requires you to go online again? Im just unsure of the steps required before starting another Ukrainian job.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Do you know of a faster way to get to infamy 25 other than the crime spree glitch? Because from what I've tested it takes me two hours per infamy rank, which is way fatser than most legit XP boosts I've seen, but this still makes it basically 50 hours of farming ukrainian job... but I've seen some people have their Infamy X and XXV way faster than that.

@ElHoxtinator

@GastNDorf

The other method of quick infamy I can currently think of is joining a super-high Crime Spree game and hope to god it's doable. I think FBI Server is perhaps the best as it can be easily ECM Rushed without much communication. The caveats being... well, finding one of those in the first place or hoping you can get someone to host one of those for you and surviving the one-shot kills that the cops are at those stages.

I myself am still Infamy XII because, as you implied, the grind is tedious even with fast-XP exploits.

15 hours ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

Great explanation on the glitch. 2 quick questions;

1 - do you have a suggested method to boost xp to get to the level required to start a crime spree?

2 - does the rinse and repeat requires you to go online again? Im just unsure of the steps required before starting another Ukrainian job.

Thanks!

1 - You need to be reputation 60 to start Crime Spree, I didn't really have a plan to reach it quickly, I just did random heists and other misc trophies I could with a friend, until I eventually reached it. But if I had to suggest one, maybe repeating Ukrainian job again on the highest difficulty you can afford could be a quick, easy way (just keep in mind that from overkill difficulty onward, vaults might be reinforced and impossible to be opened with C4, making it more complicated and slower (but still pretty quick in comparison to most other heists).

2- Yes you repeat the process from the first step to the last. Once you see things by yourself, it gets very easy to do and remember.

8 hours ago, ElHoxtinator said:

@GastNDorf

The other method of quick infamy I can currently think of is joining a super-high Crime Spree game and hope to god it's doable. I think FBI Server is perhaps the best as it can be easily ECM Rushed without much communication. The caveats being... well, finding one of those in the first place or hoping you can get someone to host one of those for you and surviving the one-shot kills that the cops are at those stages.

I myself am still Infamy XII because, as you implied, the grind is tedious even with fast-XP exploits.

I see. It's weird though because from what I have tested it seemed that rank didn't matter, rather the streak you're in (i.e. doing a heist a rank 0 or at rank 500 but after catching up with contintal coins was pretty much the same)... but I wouldn't be able to test if someone else's streak impacted your own gains... this may be it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

I see. It's weird though because from what I have tested it seemed that rank didn't matter, rather the streak you're in (i.e. doing a heist a rank 0 or at rank 500 but after catching up with contintal coins was pretty much the same)... but I wouldn't be able to test if someone else's streak impacted your own gains... this may be it.

the thing is, when you have a CS active and join someone with a higher rank than yours, the game gives you an extra amount of ranks as a "catchup bonus", and said catchup bonus increases depending on how high the host's rank is.

Now, you surely see where this is going for those Crime Sprees with like, 40k ranks.

Another issue is, at least on original PS4s, you need to join when they are already in-game, as the game takes an insane amount of time trying to load all the modifiers and may end up disconnecting you or crashing on you.

Edited by ElHoxtinator

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Seeing DLCs on 80% sale quite regularly now - is it worth getting any of the ones not included in the Crimewave edition of the game to help with 100% journey?

In terms of help, no. If you learn how to make good builds (stoic especially) and know how to effectively use them you don’t need anything else. Maybe try learning how stealth works as well but in my case I learned it through just playing the game. For some reason when I downloaded Crimewave Edition through PS Plus on my new account (the one I’m using rn) it did not include all of the DLCs but in my old account where I purchased the game in 2019 I have all of the DLCs unlocked when I didn’t purchase any of the DLC. I don’t know if that’s the case for you but you don’t have to buy any DLC other than the ones with trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29-5-2023 at 1:32 PM, ElHoxtinator said:

I know I am over a year late to this thread so perhaps my response is unneeded but was the guide I made not detailed or clear enough? I myself made one specifically due to the to main guides covering the base game being horribly outdated and incorrect in a few parts. Unfortunately it being formatted as a Gameplay guide as per Charizarzar's recommendation does mean it stays overshadowed by the older two.

If you have genuine feedback and/or details to point out or add I'll gladly talk them over with you.

Hey there, i'm one of the guide writers, Dreggit reached out to me last year, not Charizar, i told them i was open for a collab, but yes it is true that my guide is outdated because all the changes.

After the 100% i never played the game anymore so i'm totally out of the picture of it, i love to update it at some point, but it's just a massive work since almost everything has to be reworked, time that i don't really have anymore.

Edit: the first question i got is if i wanted to retire my guide, which of course i didn't feel like doing because there goes time and dedication into it

Edited by Colin

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 6:14 AM, Wuthg21 said:

Hey there, i'm one of the guide writers, Dreggit reached out to me last year, not Charizar, i told them i was open for a collab, but yes it is true that my guide is outdated because all the changes.

After the 100% i never played the game anymore so i'm totally out of the picture of it, i love to update it at some point, but it's just a massive work since almost everything has to be reworked, time that i don't really have anymore.

Edit: the first question i got is if i wanted to retire my guide, which of course i didn't feel like doing because there goes time and dedication into it

Yeah there was a lot of jumping through hoops involved in the making of my guide which was written during a time I was away from college until in-person classes were safe to do, which landed me with plentiful free time.

I still have yet to fully 100% it though, since a significant chunk of the trophies will require some significant dedication and atm I'm not really feeling like getting them, especially Infamy 25.