My Little Trophy Thoughts: A PSNProfiles Adventure

4 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I am blocking every mother fucker that plats this game. 

That’s going to be a lot to do so, for sure! ?

Calm down, pal, there is worse in life than worrying about a few hundreds going for it. ?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

The models are really awful lol. Straight out of Hell, this game is. 

yeah this game is an insult to bronies 

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I played this a couple of days ago, and say what you like about My Little Pony, I found it very enjoyable, plus it's an easy platinum too, which is nice. 

Do you have the beat the game at least? What about 100% completion? Like, would be a shame doing so for a platinum.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Do you have the beat the game at least? What about 100% completion? Like, would be a shame doing so for a platinum.

All but 4 Trophies are story related. Out of those, 3 Trophies are "Collect 500/1000/1500 Collectables", the other one is an optional race you can start immediately after unlocking Roller Blades. You will get a lot of Collectables just by completing story missions, you definitely don't need to get all Collectibles in the game, given there are 1900+ in total. A casual blind 100% run takes about 2 hours so the initial 90 minute estimate seems reasonable.

14 minutes ago, Dekaku said:

All but 4 Trophies are story related. Out of those, 3 Trophies are "Collect 500/1000/1500 Collectables", the other one is an optional race you can start immediately after unlocking Roller Blades. You will get a lot of Collectables just by completing story missions, you definitely don't need to get all Collectibles in the game, given there are 1900+ in total. A casual blind 100% run takes about 2 hours so the initial 90 minute estimate seems reasonable.

Thanks, just being curious. I tend to advocate for absolute 100% completion of a game, and reasonable length of a game, at least 10 hours, for obtaining a platinum trophy. Unlike these cheap bad games with EZPZ quick platinums, these has gotten out of hand.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Sometimes I wonder why people waste money on games like this for a platinum trophy that no one clearly doesn't give a crap about. It looks cool for someone who actually likes My Little Pony. But sacrificing your own profile with this game. idk. You have to be very comfortable with your money if your spending over 40 bucks for a short 2 hour game lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Thanks, just being curious. I tend to advocate for absolute 100% completion of a game, and reasonable length of a game, at least 10 hours, for obtaining a platinum trophy. Unlike these cheap bad games with EZPZ quick platinums, these has gotten out of hand.

Given the target audience, I'd say this specific game is at least fit for purpose, an easy digestible game for little children who are into the My Little Pony show. I am torn on the length of the game though. There is some value added to it by virtue of the game having 4.5 minigames (technically 5, but one minigame is a reskin of another with one additional gameplay mechanic) that can be played with 2 people. That being said I'd still say maybe wait for it to go on sale, or until a birthday / christmas rolls around, whatever comes first. It introduces a couple of concepts/mechanics (platforming, story progression to unlock new areas, map knowledge, multiplayer, unlockables), everything is voiced so reading skills aren't a hard requirement (though some tutorial screens are hard to discern without readin) and most importantly it doesn't contain any gambling like mechanics (lootboxes etc) that have infested so many different games geared towards children. I am not too keen on it using emojis as a particle effect for the rhythm game, but I am afraid that this is a lost battle.

TL;DR: It's an okay introduction to games mostly fit for small children, however price is a cause for concern.

edit2:

It is worth mentioning that the multiplayer is local only.

Edited by Dekaku
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Will you still block me if I say that I will buy it for my little daughter (who loves "my little pony") but I will hide it's trophy list before she even starts playing? :P

Edited by s_a_s_u_k_e
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Will you still block me if I say that I will buy it for my little daughter (who loves "my little pony") but I will hide it's trophy list before she even starts playing? :P

What about your 6k+ trophies? What's that? Another pony trophy list? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Sometimes I wonder why people waste money on games like this for a platinum trophy that no one clearly doesn't give a crap about. It looks cool for someone who actually likes My Little Pony. But sacrificing your own profile with this game. idk. You have to be very comfortable with your money if your spending over 40 bucks for a short 2 hour game lol 

There's always the disc option, either buying for $30 or renting.

7 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

This game is your line but stupid fast and easy shovelware like The Animal Letter and anything Breakthrough isn't?

Edited by Groudon199
  • Like 1

I still remember the wonderful old times when I was still a little girl in France, playing ”My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure” with my 11 years old cousin; Chuck.

Back then breathing wasn’t invented yet.

Now she’s 6.