Games played list under ps4 profile won't update

SOCOM-WARDOG-45

I was able to find a reddit article about this very thing but it's from years ago and unfortunately no one in the article mentioned a fix.

I'll keep trying different things 

So far I have added 5 new games and got a few trophies but no luck updating that or my recent activity 

I downloaded several games yesterday and none are showing up. Some I've eared trophies in before but when I check the XMB they aren't there, or it won't go to their lists like they normally do. I think it may be a problem with my PS4 (I've had issues with trophies not popping on this PS4 before) but I'm not sure. 

I've had this issue occasionally before, including recently as well. It's something that seems to come and go, and I think it's undoubtedly an issue on PSN's servers somewhere as I generally notice people will mention having the same issue around the same time.

At this point, I've kinda stopped caring personally, as I've also had games randomly disappear from my "games played" list. Sometimes they'll just as randomly re-appear months later, but I've had some games never show up on it. It just seems semi-broken.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MercilessWaffle said:

I've had this issue occasionally before, including recently as well. It's something that seems to come and go, and I think it's undoubtedly an issue on PSN's servers somewhere as I generally notice people will mention having the same issue around the same time.

At this point, I've kinda stopped caring personally, as I've also had games randomly disappear from my "games played" list. Sometimes they'll just as randomly re-appear months later, but I've had some games never show up on it. It just seems semi-broken.

Thank you for the feedback. Oddly I have never personally experienced this until now but the more I dig around it seems to be a familiar issue on and off spanning several years as you said "semi broken" but as long as my account isn't glitched or it affects anything else aside from my OCD it sounds like I should be okay.

• Like 1

Update* 

Currently all my friends are experiencing this issue as well so no biggy there but I have some concerns 

After reading several articles on this topic I've heard a few people say that playing games and earning trophies while this happens will cause my profile to have discrepancies or look "fishy" due to things not adding up 

Is this true and if so how?

@MercilessWaffle

8 minutes ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

Update* 

Currently all my friends are experiencing this issue as well so no biggy there but I have some concerns 

After reading several articles on this topic I've heard a few people say that playing games and earning trophies while this happens will cause my profile to have discrepancies or look "fishy" due to things not adding up 

Is this true and if so how?

@MercilessWaffle

First I've heard of that, not sure how it would cause anything to look "fishy". Your trophy lists and trophies should still sync fine, they're not affected by the "games" section on your profile. I don't think any external site such as this one even collects data from that section, only your synced trophies and trophy lists.

There are some issues that could cause problems with syncing trophies/lists, such as a corrupt user profile, or trophy lists not being uploaded to the PSN servers by the game publishers, but they should be unrelated to the "games" section as far as I know.

May be better off asking one of the mods on this site though.

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I had that happen before, but not too worried about it. People can see what I did on my trophy list

Yeah I'm learning that this is almost a 6 year long bug that hits randomly so as long as it doesn't affect my account I'm good 

The only part I'm nervous about is in another thread on this very topic someone mentioned if you play while the bug is happening it could make things look fishy 

Not sure what that means though because once it starts working again all I have to do is load up the game to have it update 

It's not like the trophies would show differently or anything